Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 15. August 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.2.2 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.2.2 has:
25 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> still working on it
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
Minor improvements and changes
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
Bug fixes
  • none yet

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.2.2 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.2.1 beta --> available since 11th of August from this post:
0.2.2.2 beta --> no idea yet

wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.2.2

ummm ok... does this mean your removing aly's being the plane girl as it saids in her gallary that she has to be.. when your on day 30 to 50 an realize crap i have to start the game over just to unlock that picture for no reason when it could be any girl on the plane

i find it a waste of time to rework the code.. add people or w/e to the game when aly is the main girl to be on the plane. .. i know you put alot of work into putting characters into the plane an all but the quest to have aly being the plane girl needs to be removed.

Last edited:

KakarottSSJ4

Aug 29, 2018
Not 100% sure of the 24hr conversion, but I believe that is 21:00 and the recommended time. Have you tried visiting a half hour earlier or later? If you're just starting in your room, try starting at a different location, beach, dinner, pool, etc. Nothing is an absolute, sometimes you have to experiment with changing some of the variables.
Turns out I had to beat her in arm wrestling first in order for the quest to trigger.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I can't get Alice to mention the orange rose, I did all the massages with Amy but when I go to Alice's room, she mentions nothing of the orange rose
You said you did the messages. Have you done the arm wrestling with her yet. Complete Amy quest details in the guide.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Turns out I had to beat her in arm wrestling first in order for the quest to trigger.
One other thing about Alice spilling the beans on the rose: I've only seen it when she's in her nightwear (towel/shower doesn't seem to have the option).

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
thats the thing i don't want to use the mod just to add pills... the game should auto have options to ask the doctor for the pills not give a quest to get vials an not give out pills...

an so far i'm on day 40 with only two quest that ask for 3 vials of (eh) sperm an 1 vial of (eh) scene then
i'ed like to ask if theres any way to fix some issues or lower the chance count of events...

Renee happens to drop her toothbrush in the toilet.. ok once is forgiveable but come on woman.. either walk to the front desk to ask for another / hand her a tube of super glue or tell her to stop using it as a dildo

the events around the pool... once you do someones back its a pain in thy ass to even step on the pool again with out someone asking for a lub rub when trying to do other events with someone else..

joy keep sending the same pic's more then once when you already have them unlocked

aly keeps asking if i can come over at 22:00 to do a photoshot when she has the white outfit jennifer gave her ..

jessica needing a charge.. i can understand theres two side events with this.. but she needs to buy her own charger once she visted the main character once thy photos been unlocked.
The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.2.2

ummm ok... does this mean your removing aly's being the plane girl as it saids in her gallary that she has to be.. when your on day 30 to 50 an realize crap i have to start the game over just to unlock that picture for no reason when it could be any girl on the plane

i find it a waste of time to rework the code.. add people or w/e to the game when aly is the main girl to be on the plane. .. i know you put alot of work into putting characters into the plane an all but the quest to have aly being the plane girl needs to be removed.
Simple way to have input into the game and your suggested changes reviewed.

Supporter.JPG

Doesn't guarantee others will agree with you and vote the way you do, but you'll have a voice into possible upcoming changes.

Being_Incognito

Aug 10, 2020
So here my question.
As i started new just today the initial preference of girl based on their size will only be available on the island?
because i am currently on Day 9 and only 6 girls have been appeared till now.
>Aly (plane)
>Desire
>lacey
>yvette
>natasha
>jennifer

i was hoping for more girls.
Are they going to appear later or thts the only selection based on my choice

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So here my question.
As i started new just today the initial preference of girl based on their size will only be available on the island?
because i am currently on Day 9 and only 6 girls have been appeared till now.
>Aly (plane)
>Desire
>lacey
>yvette
>natasha
>jennifer

i was hoping for more girls.
Are they going to appear later or thts the only selection based on my choice
you need to go to the front desk to have them invited. if you want more...
Actually you need to download and READ the Companion Guide. You'll learn that Joy will visit after two weeks or so and grant you the ability to invite additional girls to the island and send some home. Providing of course you have enough HI Company Favor.

HI_guide.gif

Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

Being_Incognito

Aug 10, 2020
you need to go to the front desk to have them invited. if you want more...
[/QUOTE
Actually you need to download and READ the Companion Guide. You'll learn that Joy will visit after two weeks or so and grant you the ability to invite additional girls to the island and send some home. Providing of course you have enough HI Company Favor.

View attachment 773797

Can you tell me where to find it
Thank you

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes