Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Zen attempts Fan Fiction. The names of the screwed have been changed to protect... The screwed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was really good Zen.. Oh by the way Ooooo you gonna get it. Hide the sharp objects
Never piss off a woman in the kitchen. Too many knives and other sharp objects laying around.

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
Zen attempts Fan Fiction. The names of the screwed have been changed to protect... The screwed.

Like the story.

You are about to get an Irish women angry in the kitchen :oops:
Be carful she doesn't cut off your Lucky Charms !!
:ROFLMAO:

Also hungry for Garlic Chicken with Parmesan Cream Pasta
Which is bad because it's only breakfast time in the UK now :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018

On an Island somewhere in the Pacific...
(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0 beta has been released

Hello guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.2.3.0 has been finished and it's now available for everyone.
The update from 0.2.1.0 to 0.2.3.0 has 455 new renders, videos and sound files and 22 updated renders.
Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resolution (almost all in 2560x1440), which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.2.3.0 beta
:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.

!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.2.3.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main page):
Windows/Linux version:

OR

Mac version:

OR

Android version:
Since I can't relese bug fixes (or any partial updates) for Android, the first (and only) Android version for 0.2.3.x will be 0.2.3.1
If all goes as planned, it will be released in a couple of days. Thank you for your understanding.
Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the existing game folder from an older version!

TO ALL PRE BETA TESTERS:
Thank you for your help and time invested! Much appreciated!

You can use your pre peta 0.2.3.0 save games, but you have to open the console and run the save game updater manually once again:
call version_updates_0230()

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

Happy playing!
Darkhound

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
Question regarding 2.3.0

Should the want to get into the sauna option be removed, since the player character now has the ability to enter it a few days of the week?
1601986167177.png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Question regarding 2.3.0

Should the want to get into the sauna option be removed, since the player character now has the ability to enter it a few days of the week?
View attachment 847140
It's all in the interpretation. Meaning the MC could be asking for access every day of the week. Then again, new players may not have unlocked the sauna as yet and wouldn't know how to get in the sauna, much less that it exists.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
It's all in the interpretation. Meaning the MC could be asking for access every day of the week. Then again, new players may not have unlocked the sauna as yet and wouldn't know how to get in the sauna, much less that it exists.
I asked because this is her reply, and it has already been implemented. Perhaps it should be updated to note that there already are a few mixed sauna days?

1601988158799.png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I asked because this is her reply, and it has already been implemented. Perhaps it should be updated to note that there already are a few mixed sauna days?

View attachment 847170
There are thousands and thousands lines of code, close to 10,000 renders, videos and animations, etc. I think it is okay if we give the developer a pass for not finding every little inconsistency within the game. I suppose if you're anal about everything being perfect it could be an irksome issue, but I suspect most players, click the question once and then never click it again. Who knows, it may already be on the developer's list of things to do. Giving the choice of that being fixed or quality updates and bugfixes that keep rolling out, pretty sure most are going to want new updates.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
There are thousands and thousands lines of code, close to 10,000 renders, videos and animations, etc. I think it is okay if we give the developer a pass for not finding every little inconsistency within the game. I suppose if you're anal about everything being perfect it could be an irksome issue, but I suspect most players, click the question once and then never click it again. Who knows, it may already be on the developer's list of things to do. Giving the choice of that being fixed or quality updates and bugfixes that keep rolling out, pretty sure most are going to want new updates.
I just wanted to put it on his radar in case he hadn't already noticed it, like when I notice typos I will also say something. Darkhound is great, but he's just one person. He can't notice everything, so we should help him out when we can.

Reactions: junior366

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I just wanted to put it on his radar in case he hadn't already noticed it, like when I notice typos I will also say something. Darkhound is great, but he's just one person. He can't notice everything, so we should help him out when we can.
You can always go to his Patreon page btw to point this stuff out?

racove

Aug 28, 2020
does it work this time ?, the last 2 times I downloaded this game it just bugged, it wasn't even playable

4.00 star(s) 209 Votes