Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Mercedes_visit_night3.jpg

Mercedes' quest continued... (0.1.8 preview)

Hello everyone!

Some of you probably remember that Mercedes has an unfinished quest about wearing some more sexy clothes.
Version 0.1.8 will offer the opportunity to visit Mercedes in her room.
She worked out and just needs to clean up and take a shower. But after that, she's all yours.
Enjoy the preview,

darkhound1

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Thats not Mercedes, but Miriam having colored her hair!

I'd recognize her from that angle anywhere! ... erm I mean, thats Miriam.
Err. No I was not at the beach today ... :whistle:

Lets, Lets not get distracted from the bigger issue here!

Clearly this is a ploy to keep us from the real question posed in the picture.
Who amongst the girls would wear an ankle bracelet, put nail polish on her toes and choose a purple blanket.

None?

A new girl then.
An easter egg introduction.
But we all know the fate of easter eggs!
Ivy crush them

(our antique desk bell, it only had 2 days until retirement, damn it :oops:)

It is up to us to find and save that foot.
And (Joy willing) its attached busty owner.

:)

Last edited:

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Here's a cheat I couldn't do without.
g_hotshots.heat = n

(Sorry dev to have hacked your game, but I grew tired of a few things in it. More on that in a review later.)
I'm to return with some questions regarding how to unlock some scenes too.

Reactions: brianiac

summon32

May 8, 2017
this is error code

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1181, in script
���P�qjݧR˃�SoD�&F�S���Z�Z^4����/�5��-����%+�~L��F_����d��A��Q��è�;i�(|��d�'(���7�7����� k0�U{���\�1����`�hF��1V��8�>>^�hE3��
���P�qjݧR˃�SoD�&F�S���Z�Z^4����/�5��-����%+�~L��F_����d��A��Q��è�;i�(|��d�'(���7�7����� k0�U{���\�1����`�hF��1V��8�>>^�hE3��
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 1181, in <module>
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

how to fix this

wilson316

Jun 7, 2018
View attachment 355686

Mercedes' quest continued... (0.1.8 preview)

Hello everyone!

Some of you probably remember that Mercedes has an unfinished quest about wearing some more sexy clothes.
Version 0.1.8 will offer the opportunity to visit Mercedes in her room.
She worked out and just needs to clean up and take a shower. But after that, she's all yours.
Enjoy the preview,

darkhound1
can't wait new favs

summon32

May 8, 2017
this is error code

Full traceback:
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "T:\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 1181, in <module>
TypeError: 'unicode' object is not callable

how to fix this

this game always giving error i start new game but not fix how to fix this

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Just a little trivia I fell over,

Joy Resplandor. Spanish For Radiance.
She nails that one.

Small problem though, The Shining is called El Resplandor in spanish.
Hotel, Odd things going on, You are not quite sure if the people are normal?

Ring any bells? This guy?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sooooo we are at a hotel, we are isolated, the game has a thing with room numbers, we just added showers.
And every now and then Resplandor visits us.

Then things happen, so far good things. But it has been close a time or two ex. She did have an "all work and no play" problem! The player stepped up and made sure she had some play fun there though, good move, good move ...

Some things we should be aware of from now on :
- The bar serving red rum
- Being invited to Room 237 ... ...

:)

Last edited:

summon32

May 8, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'events/[event_char.fname]/arrive/[event_char.fname]_event_arrive_planegirl1.webp': could not find image. (u'events/Eva/arrive/Eva_event_arrive_planegirl1.webp')

Full traceback:
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 870, in script call
- �LiMR�޶<I~ٱM@]�'�QMo��|c�c�e��hX�(NUG�i��~�dʞ���/,')_v<K 8 ΑVYG�j����<���q���B��Hƹ�>.@.��d��m�a
File "game/events.rpyc", line 3409, in script
��7���:�o�o78MD�Ą�f�>0�ѽ�rwЛ��P#���dmdT�����z�H�:U���͒�v
File "game/script.rpyc", line 870, in script call
- �LiMR�޶<I~ٱM@]�'�QMo��|c�c�e��hX�(NUG�i��~�dʞ���/,')_v<K 8 ΑVYG�j����<���q���B��Hƹ�>.@.��d��m�a
File "game/events.rpyc", line 3409, in script
��7���:�o�o78MD�Ą�f�>0�ѽ�rwЛ��P#���dmdT�����z�H�:U���͒�v
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\ast.py", line 1260, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\ast.py", line 1139, in show_imspec
atl=atl)
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\exports.py", line 717, in show
sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\display\core.py", line 1070, in add
thing.set_transform_event("show")
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\display\transform.py", line 677, in set_transform_event
self.child.set_transform_event(event)
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\display\image.py", line 705, in set_transform_event
self.find_target()
File "T:\HolidayIsland\renpy\display\image.py", line 640, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'events/[event_char.fname]/arrive/[event_char.fname]_event_arrive_planegirl1.webp': could not find image. (u'events/Eva/arrive/Eva_event_arrive_planegirl1.webp')

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.2
Sat Jul 27 22:24:03 2019

i start new game get this error need help

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 27/07/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well. The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.

The next release is 0.1.7.3 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include new features and bug fixes.

The update from 0.1.7.0 to 0.1.7.3 has 238 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Mercedes gets a posing scene --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Mercedes gets a nude shower scene --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Mercedes' quest where you can visit her in her room will be finished --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Jennifer's transformation story will be concluded --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Lacey gets a short even in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Heather gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Brenda gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Delizia gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Desire gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Amy gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Jennifer gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

The first binocular where you can watch the girls doing beach yoga will be added --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Minor improvements and changes

Sexting images now support ".jpg" and ".webp" image format --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

You will see the girl's body type now on the phone when you know bra, waist, hips and weight --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Miriam gets one dream image and two new phone images --> will be part of 0.1.7.1

Bug fixes

Scheduling/calendar has been changed to support up to 2 am. Also "change of day" for calendar has been changed to 2 am. This will avoid problems with dates at 1 am --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

Nightbar "last call" scene was shown with wrong bartender or could result in a crash when you did it on day 1--> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

In certain circumstances during the Miriam and Mercedes poster scene, the receptionist overlay image was still shown --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

There was a possible endless loop when you arrive at the island (it occurs only very rarely) --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

The other shower scene with Faye should also count to get the shower symbol --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

There is still abug when Aly is the plane girl and another girl arrives on the island early. --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3 (or you can use the quick fix from the post where you get 0.1.7.2, see link below)

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.7.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta
0.1.7.3 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta

Estimated release dates:
0.1.7.1 beta --> available since 13/07/2019
0.1.7.2 beta --> available since 14/07/2019

0.1.7.3 beta --> no date yet

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Great, the "reviewers" who probably played the game like 2 minutes if at all are back...
This is one of the things I really hate about this forum.
Anyone can write any shit they want in the reviews, no matter if it's true or not and you can't even comment on it.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Great, the "reviewers" who probably played the game like 2 minutes if at all are back...
Anyone can write any shit they want in the reviews, no matter if it's true or not and you can't even comment on it.
Please think about this: for any asshole who leaves a shitty comment, there are dozens of grateful but silent fans that know how much work do you put into this little jewel of a game.
So please consider this our collective "thank you" for everything.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Maybe the timing was unfortunate, but my rating is fair and I've played the games for several days.
If you have issues with it please be brave and contact me directly instead...

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Maybe the timing was unfortunate, but my rating is fair and I've played the games for several days.
Well that and you did it after 1 day or so in the tread.
But /meh down to preference and people like/dislike stuff and what not.

Bit of a problem though,

While you were at it, you managed to add a like to a 1* rant review with so many factual errors and whining in it that it made the record books.

Yeah. Not a class move. Sorry. Moving on.

-----------------

- Idea for Enhancing the intro invite girl screen information
The ingame invite : Darkhound has upgraded to show each girls status for appointments, scenes and events (excellent)
The intro invite : Does not have this information available right now (which is created further into the game).

I thought it perhaps could be of value to the game to enhance the intro interface too. Why? Two things

(1) The first 10 days are with the starter team of girls, who you pick matter a great deal for the game experience ( ex. Yvette + Amy 1400 Render Score vs Delizia + Lacey at 280 (Lacey red dress incoming :))

(2) It would help especially newcomers choose. Who have no idea about the girls, the content and how Holidays Island works.

So I came up with this little example (screenshot in the spoiler)
Anyways, just an example screen I wanted to share. Thought it might be of interest as an idea if and when darkhound1 gets the time :)

------------------------

Lacey gets a short even in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)
Lacey has no luck, even her short event got shorted :)

Last edited:
Reactions: asd33asd33

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Even if I disagree with some items in your review, you gave arguments to your points.
To each his own, at least it's not "boobs are too big" in a game designed around big boobs :)

Reactions: t727

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I think that one of the problems with the reviews is that there is no category for Huge Tits, only Big Tits. If people who don't like huge boobs could filter out the games with such attributes, you wouldn't have so many complaints about the girls having unrealistic proportions. Also, people who like huge boobs could filter out the games with only big boobs, and find games for their predilictions.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
new_ui10.jpg

More UI updates (0.1.8 preview)

Hello everyone,
today I have some more UI updates for you, which I hope are a huge improvement compared to the old UI.
The old left side of the UI is more or less gone now. It will be replaced by a small bar at the top left of the screen, which provides the most important functions.

Here are the main features and changes:
  • If you hover the mouse over the girl or player image, the corresponding stats will be shown on your smart watch in the lower left of your screen.
  • If you click on the girl image, a girl selection will be shown on your watch, to directly pick the girl you want to monitor (not yet implemented).
  • All check results and stats changes will be shown on the left of the screen, as seen in this preview post:
Please note that this is a work in progress and not finished yet. There will probably be changes and more improvements before the first release.

Here is how it looks like when the watch is not shown:

And if for whatever reason you like the old interface better, it's not gone. You can have it back when you open the preferences:

On the upper right side you have the option "Use new UI". Th new UI will be enabled by default, but you can switch back to the old UI if you prefer it.

Comments are welcome! Please also feel free to tell me whyt you don't like about the changes.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the preview.
darkhound1

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes