SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Where to find the Companion Guide, page 27.
And I still didn't understand how to get this hearts, so I can trigger scenes with Jessica ?
I still didn't understand a thing about how to trigger new scenes with Jessica. I didn't understand how to fill this hearts
To help with all these questions, you need to read the newly updated Companion Guide.
(click on text above to download)

It will be where you find page 27, which will help you.
Also information on what the hearts are.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.2.3.1 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,

the first bug fix update for 0.2.3.x beta has been released, which is also the first and only full version for 0.2.3.x Android.

This is a new full version for Android.
Please download a version that has the same compression as the PC version from here (1.7 GB download size):

OR

Please download a version that has more compression from here (868 MB download size):

OR

Please note that you can update any of my Android versions with any of the new ones without losing your save games. So you can go from PC compression to more compression and vice versa.
This is an update for the version 0.2.3.0 beta (PC, Mac, Linux only).

In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.2.3.0 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported. Some saves might still not load. Sorry for that, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Please download the update to 0.2.3.1 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from one of these links:

OR

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate to the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Please check this post to get information about bugs that have been fixed since 0.2.3.0

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Reporting here because you can't add files on the Patreon bug post. Applied the 2.3.1 update, went through the version update and then got this surprising screen with Alice having 12/10 appointments.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Reporting here because you can't add files on the Patreon bug post. Applied the 2.3.1 update, went through the version update and then got this surprising screen with Alice having 12/10 appointments.
Apply the quick fixes attached to this post, open the console and type:
call version_updates_0232()
This will not really update the game version to 0.2.3.2, it will only add the two missing appointments for Alice.

Well, I guess it's one of those "shit happens" things. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For those of you that get: AttributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'image'
During the save game update phase, apply the two files inside the zip file and load your save file again.
After that, run: call version_updates_0232()

Last edited:

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
This will not really update the game version to 0.2.3.2, it will only add the two missing appointments for Alice.

Well, I guess it's one of those "shit happens" things. Sorry for the inconvenience.
That fixed my issue with Alice losing her photo studio appointments, thanks! Should the version number at the bottom of new saves still say 0.2.3.1 after applying the files and entering that code in the console?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
That fixed my issue with Alice losing her photo studio appointments, thanks! Should the version number at the bottom of new saves still say 0.2.3.1 after applying the files and entering that code in the console?
Can you read?
"This will not really update the game version to 0.2.3.2, it will only add the two missing appointments for Alice."

Apr 13, 2019
Holiday Island 0.2.3.1 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,

the first bug fix update for 0.2.3.x beta has been released, which is also the first and only full version for 0.2.3.x Android.

This is a new full version for Android.
Please download a version that has the same compression as the PC version from here (1.7 GB download size):

Mega
OR
Google Drive

Please download a version that has more compression from here (868 MB download size):
Mega
OR
Google Drive

Please note that you can update any of my Android versions with any of the new ones without losing your save games. So you can go from PC compression to more compression and vice versa.
This is an update for the version 0.2.3.0 beta (PC, Mac, Linux only).

In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.2.3.0 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported. Some saves might still not load. Sorry for that, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Please download the update to 0.2.3.1 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from one of these links:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate to the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Please check this post to get information about bugs that have been fixed since 0.2.3.0
Im a be honest I'd dont understand a lot of that stuff so I'm just gonna click the 1.7gb version for mega and play it on my phone will that work or do I gotta do something else cause I don't get a lot of that stuff

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

No problem, that's why people have to report 'duh' stuff like this.
Let him who never made a coding error debug the last error.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Im a be honest I'd dont understand a lot of that stuff so I'm just gonna click the 1.7gb version for mega and play it on my phone will that work or do I gotta do something else cause I don't get a lot of that stuff
If your phone runs on Android, you just have to download the full Android version from the first links.
Nothing more to do.

1602260648524.png

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I humbly surrender my week's supply of coffee to DarkHound. He clearly needs it more than me.
The release was too early. I could blame it on the guy posting the android version for 0.2.3.0...
Well, no, it's on me. But the trigger was his post, because I really didn't want having to face a ton of additional problems with the android version.
Things like the missing appointments are not really a big problem. It doesn't stop anyone from playing and it can be fixed later. It's just the achievement that's missing. The game still works.

The main problem is the backward compatibility. There are save games still in use that have been created with version 0.1.0.0 or similar. Testing and thinking about every possible thing that could go wrong with that is more or less impossible.

The game uses a ton of classes and the main classes (like girl and guy) use lists of classes and so on. If in huge lists like in the conversations/messages even one conversation has a missing attribue (like "image"), normaly no one notices it for ages, because the message is on page 750 and no one will ever go there and click it.
But if I start and make a general update to the conversations and have to loop through all of them (like I did with 0.2.3.1), every entry where the attribute is missing will lead to a crash.

It's not an excuse, just an explanation :)
And yeah, more coffee might help, but I guess more sleep and taking more time will work better.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I humbly surrender my week's supply of coffee to DarkHound. He clearly needs it more than me.
I don't think more coffee will be of help. Darkhound was awake enough in his update. The problem was more with the guy not reading it. For Darkhound I assume some controlled substance of his choosing will be of more help. And he is in good company there. Linus is known to fly off the handle too when people don't read what they should be reading:D.

Apr 13, 2019
The release was too early. I could blame it on the guy posting the android version for 0.2.3.0...
Well, no, it's on me. But the trigger was his post, because I really didn't want having to face a ton of additional problems with the android version.
Things like the missing appointments are not really a big problem. It doesn't stop anyone from playing and it can be fixed later. It's just the achievement that's missing. The game still works.

The main problem is the backward compatibility. There are save games still in use that have been created with version 0.1.0.0 or similar. Testing and thinking about every possible thing that could go wrong with that is more or less impossible.

The game uses a ton of classes and the main classes (like girl and guy) use lists of classes and so on. If in huge lists like in the conversations/messages even one conversation has a missing attribue (like "image"), normaly no one notices it for ages, because the message is on page 750 and no one will ever go there and click it.
But if I start and make a general update to the conversations and have to loop through all of them (like I did with 0.2.3.1), every entry where the attribute is missing will lead to a crash.

It's not an excuse, just an explanation :)
And yeah, more coffee might help, but I guess more sleep and taking more time will work better.
If you need to take some time man take some time I actually respect the fact that you make the android version yourself unlike some other people who I think they like pay some guy to do it for them but you actually do all this stuff which I find commendable

Last edited:
Reactions: SiJa
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes