ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

- Yes Windows 10 PC Fullscreen but it crashes whether it's Full or Windowed.
- Tried the WebP codec, didn't work.
- Tried force running through onboard graphics, same crash.
- No Energy Savings settings on.
- Tried the renpy.free_memory() flush, didn't work.

I'll keep trying to muddle around, but appreciate the suggestions :)
Try moving the game to different directory, like "c:\games" or something. Since this is extracted (not technically 'installed'), being in the Program Files directory might play a part.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

- Yes Windows 10 PC Fullscreen but it crashes whether it's Full or Windowed.
- Tried the WebP codec, didn't work.
- Tried force running through onboard graphics, same crash.
- No Energy Savings settings on.
- Tried the renpy.free_memory() flush, didn't work.

I'll keep trying to muddle around, but appreciate the suggestions :)
Try compatibly mode mode (.exe or shortcut properties, compatibility tab and try the different options).

assistmerchant

Jun 18, 2018
Lol you guys are awesome, thanks again for all the hints! So add to the list of things that didn't work:
- Disabling Integrated Graphics
- Installed in C: instead of program files
- Bios tricks
- Compatibility Mode
- Gaming mode was already enabled
And yes, quite possible I did get lost in the cleft of Amy's cleavage and recently came up for air...happens right?

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Lol you guys are awesome, thanks again for all the hints! So add to the list of things that didn't work:
- Bios tricks
- Compatibility Mode
And yes, quite possible I did get lost in the cleft of Amy's cleavage and recently came up for air...happens right?
Only to the lucky ones!

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
- Bios tricks
- Compatibility Mode
I'm not an expert at graphics drivers, but I would make sure there are no updates pending for your drivers (start with the basics...). Just a sanity check there.

Dumb question 1: Have you tried playing WITH the onboard graphics? I play HI on an I5-3317U with Intel 4000, so it's not impossible. It would also rule out the card as the culprit.

It doesn't LOOK like the old graphics problem, so we'll pass on that for now (unless someone thinks differently?).

Can you confirm that in your preferences for the game you have either the manual size or 1280x720 active? I was able to force an "out of memory" when attempting the 1600x900 resizing with a resolution of 1366x768, but that was right at game start. The "log.txt" file in the root folder of the game would show this, so if you could attach one of those if may provide some insight.

After the first assignment of the medic, sperm cans do not appear in the inventory.
Even when you visit her? The doctor provides more when you need them...

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
- Bios tricks
- Compatibility Mode
Replace the Desire scene please

assistmerchant

Jun 18, 2018
OK so I tried running through Integrated Graphics and yeah it crashes and gives me that 100% spike as per the performance tab on task manager, similar to running through the Nvidia GPU. Also made sure that it's set at 1280x720. I've attached the log. Also gave the compressed versions of the game a shot, and yeah still crashes. Weird.

I play other games through Steam and Gamepass, and nothing else crashes like this game. Seems like the latest high res animations are doing my computer in, like the Desire night bar scene, the aforementioned Jennifer pec scene that will always crash, and any of the recent Amy scenes when you spend the night with her as well as arm wrestling reward are prone to crashing, though they're a little more 50/50.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
OK so I tried running through Integrated Graphics and yeah it crashes and gives me that 100% spike as per the performance tab on task manager, similar to running through the Nvidia GPU. Also made sure that it's set at 1280x720. I've attached the log. Also gave the compressed versions of the game a shot, and yeah still crashes. Weird.

I play other games through Steam and Gamepass, and nothing else crashes like this game. Seems like the latest high res animations are doing my computer in, like the Desire night bar scene, the aforementioned Jennifer pec scene that will always crash, and any of the recent Amy scenes when you spend the night with her as well as arm wrestling reward are prone to crashing, though they're a little more 50/50.
OK, one possible thing - Open the game, hit Shift+G, and in the upper left instead of either "Auto" or "Force Angle...", pick "Force OpenGL". Select "Return", then quit and restart the game.

I have heard some rumors of Angle not working with some Notebook cards for weird reasons, so it's a longshot, but we'll see.

If it DOES NOT work, make sure to go back in and set the Renderer to what it was originally.

EDIT (2 parts): 1: Nvidia updated the 1660 Ti driver on 2/25. Might be worth checking if it's compatible (even if it doesn't have a bearing on this issue).
2: With the Shift+G option, you could also pick the "Force Software" option. While it will probably be choppy, if IT works it totally proves there's something up with your Ti.

Last edited:

assistmerchant

Jun 18, 2018
Unbelievable, Force OpenGL worked! Your longshot paid off!! Thank you so much Zengarden! Everything renders, no shut downs, only thing was my screen got noticeably brighter after having turned it on so I had to change my TV's settings to dim the screen a bit. Could be a product of the TV, however.

So just curious, and I'm pretty ignorant on this stuff, but you said Force Software would prove something's up with my Ti....is it likewise true with Force OpenGL? Or is it just a less demanding way of rendering things? Wonder if I can just Force OpenGL on all my games to make them all a bit less taxing on this laptop which tends to overheat under load for actual gaming...

Again, thanks so much Zengarden, and thanks everyone who pitched in ideas, really appreciate it :)

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
Unbelievable, Force OpenGL worked! Your longshot paid off!! Thank you so much Zengarden! Everything renders, no shut downs, only thing was my screen got noticeably brighter after having turned it on so I had to change my TV's settings to dim the screen a bit. Could be a product of the TV, however.

So just curious, and I'm pretty ignorant on this stuff, but you said Force Software would prove something's up with my Ti....is it likewise true with Force OpenGL? Or is it just a less demanding way of rendering things? Wonder if I can just Force OpenGL on all my games to make them all a bit less taxing on this laptop which tends to overheat under load for actual gaming...

Again, thanks so much Zengarden, and thanks everyone who pitched in ideas, really appreciate it :)
Amazing! Im so happy to see it working!

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes