cookie jar

Oct 14, 2017
I would say your antivirus is false flagging the game.
Have a look at this post...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5855463
Thanks for the information.
Sadly though, a new download (my first idea before your post) didn't help and classifying the game as trustworthy with my antivirus software didn't work either.
So just to check I took the computer of the web and deacivated the antivirus software but the problem still persists.
What wholly confuses me is that i was able to run the game yesterday without any trouble. Updated viral definitions for the antivirus software might have accounted for that, but as i said, even fully deactivating the antivirus software didn't help.
I'm gonna check what other updates my system might have run during the last 24 hours. Maybe i can find something else.

Update: I couldn't find anything that had been changed on my system, that would warrant this problem. However I think i found the culprit. I removed my safe files from yesterday and after that i could start the game. Replacing the new persistent safe file with my old again resulted in the game not being able to start. So my persistent safe file seems to have ben the problem. The other save files seem to have no effect on the problem. I removed them at first as well but replacing them had no effect on wether i could run the game or not.
I have only one Idea as to what may have caused the persistent save file to act like this. As with all new builds i only kept my persistent safe file and deleted all other safe files but i didn't run the companion mod this time (though i did use it with the last release) so that caused probably the trouble with the persistent safe file. Maybe. Because after reading some of the other posts i did install the companion mod and the game would not run either.
But I am really happy that i can run the game again and all it "cost" me was my persistent safe file because as i wrote before: Thank You Darkhound for an amazing game! (And this from someone who normally is not a fan of dating sims.)

Last edited:
Reactions: chuzmaster2

JonathanH

Aug 26, 2018
Sadly though, a new download (my first idea before your post) didn't help and classifying the game as trustworthy with my antivirus software didn't work either.
So just to check I took the computer of the web and deacivated the antivirus software but the problem still persists.
What wholly confuses me is that i was able to run the game yesterday without any trouble. Updated viral definitions for the antivirus software might have accounted for that, but as i said, even fully deactivating the antivirus software didn't help.
I'm gonna check what other updates my system might have run during the last 24 hours. Maybe i can find something else.
I have exactly the same problem and no updates are performed on my system for over 11 days. Let me know if you found a solution. Does the dev have any ideas?
Edit: in the event log it says the file libpython2.7.dll has caused an application error.

cookie jar

Oct 14, 2017
I have exactly the same problem and no updates are performed on my system for over 11 days. Let me know if you found a solution. Does the dev have any ideas?
Edit: in the event log it says the file libpython2.7.dll has caused an application error.
See my update above. In my case the log file showed no errors at all, but my persistent safe file seems to have been the cause.

Reactions: SiJa

JonathanH

Aug 26, 2018
See my update above. In my case the log file showed no errors at all, but my persistent safe file seems to have been the cause.
It worked, thanks! For anyone wondering where the save files are located, default location on windows is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Island-1499865023.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Update: I couldn't find anything that had been changed on my system, that would warrant this problem. However I think i found the culprit. I removed my safe files from yesterday and after that i could start the game. Replacing the new persistent safe file with my old again resulted in the game not being able to start. So my persistent safe file seems to have ben the problem. The other save files seem to have no effect on the problem. I removed them at first as well but replacing them had no effect on wether i could run the game or not.
I have only one Idea as to what may have caused the persistent save file to act like this. As with all new builds i only kept my persistent safe file and deleted all other safe files but i didn't run the companion mod this time (though i did use it with the last release) so that caused probably the trouble with the persistent safe file. Maybe. Because after reading some of the other posts i did install the companion mod and the game would not run either.
But I am really happy that i can run the game again and all it "cost" me was my persistent safe file because as i wrote before: Thank You Darkhound for an amazing game! (And this from someone who normally is not a fan of dating sims.)
Thanks for the update on your problem.

The need for swapping your persistent file from the previous versions was it holds details of the plane arrivals and allows you to see them as completed from another playthrough of the game.

If you get this problem... you can delate the Persistent file (in both your save folder and AppData)
Start the game again... and a new one will be created.
However, you will need to do the plane arrivals again for them to show in the Persistent again.

It may have something to do with the newer version of ren'py, but not seen anything commented about it :unsure:

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
darkhound1, I think I found a bug.

screenshot8269_cr.jpg

My implant did not register the two rounds of rumpy pumpy I had with Joy in the morning.
That woman's so wild she not only drained me, she also drained the battery of the implant.

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
So the island some sort of secret government facility, and the girls are clones?(im just kidding, good game though) it will be funny if it is.

cookie jar

Oct 14, 2017
Thanks for the update on your problem.

The need for swapping your persistent file from the previous versions was it holds details of the plane arrivals and allows you to see them as completed from another playthrough of the game.

If you get this problem... you can delate the Persistent file (in both your save folder and AppData)
Start the game again... and a new one will be created.
However, you will need to do the plane arrivals again for them to show in the Persistent again.

It may have something to do with the newer version of ren'py, but not seen anything commented about it :unsure:
I am aware of the plane scenes which is why i kept my persistent file between the versions and now i will have to unlock them again. However if the alternative is not to play the game because it refuses to start up, i'll take the cost of losing my other plane scenes any day. It's not great, granted, but still way better than the alternative.
I'll admit i possess only the most rudimentary knowledge about ren'py, and since my quick search didn't even produce the antivirus issue you pointed out, i may have been looking in the wrong places to begin with, but i didn't see anyting like that either. And I would expect that if persistent files were affected by a new version of ren'py, there should be a bit more of a reaction on the respective forums.

Reactions: SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Any changelog of new version 3.0?
The Changelog on this site has not been updated... probably due to the changes being a large amount.
The best thing close to it would be the Development news from Patreon...

Gives you details of new and improved content.
:)

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Oh wow! Thank you so much for all your efforts and the new version of Holiday Island, Darkhound! I am very much looking forward to seeing all the new content. Especially Daniela :love:

What I had also been looking forward to was finding out how long it would take for the first daring user to ask for a save file. Who paid attention (I know, Bantry did)?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And as that request, wholly unexpectedly, was unsuccessful, that same user decided to ask a totally different variation of that question...
And only another 13 minutes later (thirteen!), there it was, the first request for a full save: "Yeah, not gonna make up anything about my computer crashed, just gonna ask if anyone is kind enough to share their full save"
Oh yeah, I am sure you did not make anything up :ROFLMAO:. Seriously?! A full save 4 hours and 13 minutes after the release of version 3.0.0? Is this physically possible? Maybe up on the ISS? You know, due to relativistic effects like time running quicker up there than it does down here due to the Earth's gravity?

Only about a year ago, the quest for a save file stood at a minimum of 197 attempts on this thread. So what do you think, what is the current number?

However, I am a little disappointed. The (my) hypothesis that people always come up with a new version of a save file request - one that has not been used before - is increasingly under attack. People are getting lazy! E.g. the request that consists of the word "saves" only, has been used four times by now...

But, there are also things to celebrate: A new shortest request for a save file!

What is more, I learned a new spelling of the word "please" that I had not known before (not a native English speaker): "PLZZZS". This increases the number of known spellings of this word to 10!

Finally, here they are, all the requests for save files that got asked over the last 12 months. I expect to see many more ;)

Happy playing!

ps.: Oh no. While I was writing up this post, the number of save file requests has increased by one. So that is 9 in the last 36 hours alone. I added it to the list... And though it is short ("SAVE,Plz~") it is a variant that had not been used before :).

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes