MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Well, I finally finished the game for 3.0!
I know, what took you so long.
I used to have less of a life I guess, but I always start from the beginning, and also, I was savoring it.
Plus, there is a lot of content, you know!
I really liked it and can't wait for the next update (maybe by the end of Sept.?).
Unfortunately, life stuff is intruding again (in a good way), so I'll be back to just lurking until about mid-October.
Keeping up with this forum takes up a huge chunk of time, even though it is very amusing. Maybe I can make time for an occasional jokey post, though. I'll still be by to check out fan fic & fan art, and of course, I'll be back for the next update.
If you don't hear much from me, I'm fine, just working on projects now that things are opening back up again.
So you're saying we don't have to worry that you were abducted by aliens or that you've gone into Witness Protection . . . ? ;)

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
Maybe the issue with conflicting persistent files.
Copy the Persistent file in your save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
Paste that Persistent in your AppData file (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

Try to run the game again.
I was playing the game yesterday, logged off and closed computer last night, reloaded it this morning and no load at all, tried even as administrator and still nothing.
Reinstalled everything including mod to where I believed they all went, searched forums , found this post and tried to follow it but there are no saves listed.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I was playing the game yesterday, logged off and closed computer last night, reloaded it this morning and no load at all, tried even as administrator and still nothing.
Reinstalled everything including mod to where I believed they all went, searched forums , found this post and tried to follow it but there are no saves listed.
No saves listed is odd, you may have deleted them by mistake.

Check in these locations for your saves and backup them somewhere else (copy and past, no cut and past)
<where you installed Holiday Island>game/saves
Or/And
C: user/<your user name>/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023
( AppData is an hidden folder, you must activate the option to see hidden folder to see it).

Now, if you see your saves in the above locations, just deleted the "persistant" file in both location.
Note: you will have to redo all the girls arrivals scenes.

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
No idea what you are commenting about??
If you reinstalled as you say, then your new game folder would work, this is for an issue with people copying a persistent file from their old game version over.
Thanks again, that worked this time.

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
No saves listed is odd, you may have deleted them by mistake.

Check in these locations for your saves and backup them somewhere else (copy and past, no cut and past)
<where you installed Holiday Island>game/saves
Or/And
C: user/<your user name>/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023
( AppData is an hidden folder, you must activate the option to see hidden folder to see it).

Now, if you see your saves in the above locations, just deleted the "persistant" file in both location.
Note: you will have to redo all the girls arrivals scenes.
had missed the appdata save.

Reactions: xapican

Geirr

Mar 14, 2019
Apologies if asked and answered. I did a quick search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. My situation...

I had played for quite a while with a certain set of women seeking to unlock as many scenes, events, and appointments before sending them off the island and inviting a new character. As a result Aly is one of the "newer" characters for me right now. For the Teenage Photo Quest, I'm to the point where she needs to have two of the all-time Gold Trophies. From what I can tell, that's going to take a long time. Nothing in the cheat companion console can give those to her as far as I can tell. Any advice? Thanks.
Hope you know console basics for cheat codes... and hope you will understand my English...

aly.times_masturbated_to_total=NN, where NN is a number that must be greater than that of the current 'masturbate to' queen. Or just set it big enough then revert to previous value after getting the achievement if you need. To get to know the current value type it without "=NN".

Other stats are much harder to explain...

Start checking names of interaction stats:
aly.list_of_pl_int_total[0].name<Enter>
aly.list_of_pl_int_total[1].name<Enter>
aly.list_of_pl_int_total[2].name<Enter>
aly.list_of_pl_int_total[N].name<Enter>

These will print the names of different stats. Some is used for Trophies ('hug/kiss' for example), some is not ('tease_talk' or 'tease_touch'). After you have found the name of stat needed remember the index ([0], [1], [2]...). Then type:

aly.list_of_pl_int_total[X].count=NN, where X - index found, NN - number (big enough as above). You can check it first then change to NN to get the achievement then revert to previous state.

Don't know if it will trigger the achievement instantly. Do some 'in game' hugs/kisses and masturbations...

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Alas, as a man of some years, much time have been spent in my youth hoping pretty girls clothing was a bit more transparent. Just a bit more sure would have been nice.

For scientific reasons of course :D
Here when I was teenage in the 90s , the beaches were full of topless girls. Now you dont see any... :(

• Sad
Reactions: TNTed and junior366

zerokq

Aug 24, 2019
Hi..just want to ask. I able to launch the game first time but on next day, i tried open again, but nothing come out anymore. Check from task manager, the ge is just running and auto disappear from task manager. Anyone can help me solve thia problem?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hi..just want to ask. I able to launch the game first time but on next day, i tried open again, but nothing come out anymore. Check from task manager, the ge is just running and auto disappear from task manager. Anyone can help me solve thia problem?
You do realize this question has been asked and answered eleventy billion times already? Try a simple search for 'Can't open game.'

f95-search.gif

You will get 8 pages of results.

Search results for query: Can't open game | F95zone

The most recent answer is just a couple pages back.

[Ren'Py] Holiday Island [v0.3.0.1 Beta] [darkhound1] | F95zone

Luncelot

Aug 4, 2017
Okay this is the first time I have had a problem with this game. I made it to the point where I was taken down into the lab after fucking up my ankle. Yvette came to visit the next day, and she started her dancing thing it was great (the animations are amazing in this entire game BTW) and she got to the part when where you get to get her to come closer and further away. But then when I tried to stop and move on to the next part, she just got stuck in the dance loop and I can't get it to go any where.

Not that I don't mind having a hot blonde shake her ass at me for all eternity, I would really like to play more of the game. So any hits or tips would be great.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Okay this is the first time I have had a problem with this game. I made it to the point where I was taken down into the lab after fucking up my ankle. Yvette came to visit the next day, and she started her dancing thing it was great (the animations are amazing in this entire game BTW) and she got to the part when where you get to get her to come closer and further away. But then when I tried to stop and move on to the next part, she just got stuck in the dance loop and I can't get it to go any where.

Not that I don't mind having a hot blonde shake her ass at me for all eternity, I would really like to play more of the game. So any hits or tips would be great.
Did you use the "exit" button in the control window in the top right hand corner ?

Reactions: Henry73au

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Yup that’s when it became stuck.
Well, in that case no idea. The only user who had a similar issue never replied to me when I asked the same question, so no user feedback to capitalize on.
Random idea, probability useless: reinstall the game, apply the last update and try again.

Reactions: Henry73au
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes