• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
for some reason i cant start the game both normal and x32.. just stop working suddenly
If when you started using the latest version, you moved over your save file and the Persistent file from the last version...
the persistent file will be the problem.

Try this...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

Try to start the game again.

netlink

May 21, 2020
If when you started using the latest version, you moved over your save file and the Persistent file from the last version...
the persistent file will be the problem.

Try this...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

Try to start the game again.

thanks so my save file i cant use anymore?

edit: just notice delete the "persistent" file

thacnks

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
slight tangent but it's been bugging me:

a *lot* of games on this site feature a young dude at home with a mom (unbelievably hot, blind to own hotness), a younger sister (energetic, booty shorts, doesn't know what a dick is), an older sister (cranky, aloof, into bdsm), later an aunt (mom but knows own hotness).

I get that these games are formulaic, and sometimes the formula is awesome, but why *this* formula? who started it and when? why is everyone so chill with incest?? genuinely curious if anyone has histories/theories?

[hope this breaks up the bug report chat a little ;)]
Your comments and questions are a little more than a slight tangent, it's what would be considered "off-topic" for this thread and could be considered against site rules.

Holiday Island is not of the formula or style you are commenting about or asking questions about.
It's not relevant to this game, or a topic that needs to be discussed on here.
This post/comment/question/s should really be posted on a general conversation thread.

norb82

Sep 19, 2018

a *lot* of games on this site feature a young dude at home with a mom (unbelievably hot, blind to own hotness), a younger sister (energetic, booty shorts, doesn't know what a dick is), an older sister (cranky, aloof, into bdsm), later an aunt (mom but knows own hotness).

i get that these games are formulaic, and sometimes the formula is awesome, but why *this* formula? who started it and when? why is everyone so chill with incest?? genuinely curious if anyone has histories/theories.

And where have you seen these things in this game?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
And where have you seen these things in this game?
Well it is very clear of course that in the course of the game that you are Joy's hidden son that she gave away after having done genetic experiments upon as a baby and that is why you won the prize. Making Joyce your niece as well and likely every other women will be somewhat related in game since Joy has been very busy about 26 years ago and had a few quintuplets as well. :p

Just joking and being sarcastic, though I would not be surprised and pretty sure there is something about MC that made him stand out for Joy and I would not be too surprised if it was revealed he was the child of one of her earlier research partners or personnel that needed treatment as a baby for whatever reason and that the effects of that is part of why Joy is interested in MC and how that then much more experimental and risky treatment worked out and gives her an advantage in her research. Those sperm samples are not for nothing and though not impossible I doubt it is to make women pregnant. :p.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Those sperm samples are not for nothing and though not impossible I doubt it is to make women pregnant. :p.
Well, we already know from Natasha that her breast milk has the effect of the blue pill regarding cock size, as confirmed by Joy. We can safely assume that the MC's sperm has the same effect the other way round.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, we already know from Natasha that her breast milk has the effect of the blue pill regarding cock size, as confirmed by Joy. We can safely assume that the MC's sperm has the same effect the other way round.
Or it has more to do with the extreme accelerated rate of healing that even beat by a big margin what was expected from the treatment in lab. Only dev knows where he wants to take that though it seems almost every one of the girls on the island seems to have some genetic advantage that is possibly transferable or is someone that benefited from treatment before. Remember the story of the niece for example and the benefits of Amy's genes for her.

Just not sure where dev wants to go with MC and that he has for example accelerated healing anyway (in which case the treatment in lab makes somewhat less sense) or that due to some reason in his past or genetic advantage he is able to enhance or speed up the results of a treatment or that what he brings as an extra is something else altogether.

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Can't say anything about Amy since I don't have her on the island. Even though the game seems to think so in the lab sequence. :D (But that text, I assume, is hard-coded without a "cast check".)

But anyway, it's pretty obvious that his sperm does something, and that's the reason why he's chosen for the island. And it can very well be that not all genetic background stories have been revealed yet.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

i get that these games are formulaic, and sometimes the formula is awesome, but why *this* formula? who started it and when? why is everyone so chill with incest?? genuinely curious if anyone has histories/theories.

More than willing to go into this further in another thread (ping me if you start one), but check out Patreon numbers for IcStor, Gumdrop Games and Summertime Saga. Most people are jumping on the bandwagon to cash in on the next sensation like these. **EDIT -- Note how many of those are now abandoned after 1 or 2 'episodes' when they don't make 10k/month within the first few days... **

And none of those games can touch THIS one because darkhound1 is making something he wants to make and enjoys making. Which is why there will (probably, but life happens) never be a two year hiatus in production...

Last edited:

Lovv99

Aug 25, 2020
Guys how to unlock any animated scene in this game? I dowloaded cheat and increased all my numbers till maximum, all I have are only chats

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Guys how to unlock any animated scene in this game? I dowloaded cheat and increased all my numbers till maximum, all I have are only chats
Then you missed a lot of scenes, and probably destroyed most of Amy's quest line (if you increased the ladies' stats as well).

You'll see more scenes if you play the game as intended, using the guide (see the OP) to know when to save for the non-repeatable ones.

Reactions: Lovv99

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Or check the requirements for unlocks in the scene overview.

Speaking of animated scenes, I've noticed that so far only Mercedes (during the night scene in the fitness center) has more than one animation during the sex scene. Also, the first two speeds always stare "don't slow down". darkhound1 , is it in the cards that we could get at least two positions for some more scenes, and a little text variation? No high priority of course, but it would be nice to have I guess.

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
First thank you to DH for progressively improving the game features and display. Recently just got all of Joy's outfits and experienced her office romp - A+ for that scene. I also wish to thank the senior members for your assistance in understanding the nuances of the game. Yes, the save button is most definitely your friend (except Yumiko's Easter Egg in quarters - never could get it).

Now for my continued dilemma...
I followed the advice from an earlier post I made regarding Amy's Love Quest.
- All of her sub-quests are completed.
- Due to previous uses of the Mod (have never used the cheat) I reset her Love to 35. I was able to build the Love Max to 75
within a few days by interactions.
- By the end of a Monday she had 5 Gold Trophies, including the previous week's two contests.
- By a Thur she had 10 Gold Trophies. I repeated the trophy winning for several weeks to no avail.
- Over several weeks inside the game I average 116 interactions per week in attempt to finish her Love value.
Each week her trophy count was the highest of all the girls.
- I have used the Mod for the Player and the other girls, but ceased anything on Amy.

Yet I cannot seem to get her to 100 nor receive a text message about her prep for an impending implant change.
I have looked to the guide to see what I am missing, but don't see anything I haven't followed.
Should I reset using the Mod all of her levels back to Zero?

I would appreciate any help in this matter to guide me accordingly. - Thank you

Side note - the only other interaction I look forward too is Workouts with Delizia. (sorry Bantry but you must share)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
First thank you to DH for progressively improving the game features and display. Recently just got all of Joy's outfits and experienced her office romp - A+ for that scene. I also wish to thank the senior members for your assistance in understanding the nuances of the game. Yes, the save button is most definitely your friend (except Yumiko's Easter Egg in quarters - never could get it).

Now for my continued dilemma...
I followed the advice from an earlier post I made regarding Amy's Love Quest.
- All of her sub-quests are completed.
- Due to previous uses of the Mod (have never used the cheat) I reset her Love to 35. I was able to build the Love Max to 75
within a few days by interactions.
- By the end of a Monday she had 5 Gold Trophies, including the previous week's two contests.
- By a Thur she had 10 Gold Trophies. I repeated the trophy winning for several weeks to no avail.
- Over several weeks inside the game I average 116 interactions per week in attempt to finish her Love value.
Each week her trophy count was the highest of all the girls.
- I have used the Mod for the Player and the other girls, but ceased anything on Amy.

Yet I cannot seem to get her to 100 nor receive a text message about her prep for an impending implant change.
I have looked to the guide to see what I am missing, but don't see anything I haven't followed.
Should I reset using the Mod all of her levels back to Zero?

I would appreciate any help in this matter to guide me accordingly. - Thank you

Side note - the only other interaction I look forward too is Workouts with Delizia. (sorry Bantry but you must share)
<Locks Delizia in the bathroom, swallows the key with a few bites of power bars and washes it down with coffee. No, no, I will not share, you can't make me!>

Now, as for your other dilemma, you need not mess with Amy's stats EVER. The game will reset them to the initial levels to begin her quests. If you have completed all the quests and seen the last of Joy's 'Wishes/Desires' then you must be waiting for her visit to tell about removing her implants. That's a visit, not a text, meaning you have to be in your room. I don't recall if there is a specific time range for her visit, so try morning and then afternoon. It should eventually trigger. As a side note, if you have too many girls on the island that visit your room, Jessica, Yvette, etc. send them home. No sense giving the game too many girls to choose from when it decides to send a girl to visit your room. Lastly you do not want Amy's freedom of movement hampered by her being the maid, receptionist, etc. Good luck!

Reactions: Henry73au

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Memories...

(***Disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: junior366

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
<Locks Delizia in the bathroom, swallows the key with a few bites of power bars and washes it down with coffee. No, no, I will not share, you can't make me!>

Now, as for your other dilemma, you need not mess with Amy's stats EVER. The game will reset them to the initial levels to begin her quests. If you have completed all the quests and seen the last of Joy's 'Wishes/Desires' then you must be waiting for her visit to tell about removing her implants. That's a visit, not a text, meaning you have to be in your room. I don't recall if there is a specific time range for her visit, so try morning and then afternoon. It should eventually trigger. As a side note, if you have too many girls on the island that visit your room, Jessica, Yvette, etc. send them home. No sense giving the game too many girls to choose from when it decides to send a girl to visit your room. Lastly you do not want Amy's freedom of movement hampered by her being the maid, receptionist, etc. Good luck!
From the early stages of this game I have used the Mod leisurely (I'm on Day 508). I haven't used it on Amy for over 5 weeks within the game. You highlighted "the last of Joy's Wishes/Desires", do I need to complete all the other girls' wishes before I can move on with Amy? That I have not done. There are a few girls that I have some things to tend too (i.e. - I have never had Ivy on the Island yet). So I have no problem completing the other girls' tasks to get to that level and finalize with Joy before. The last time I visited Joy (besides the a fore mentioned scene) she informed me that nobody on the island has any current wishes.

Or do I use the Mod or Cheat to reset Amy altogether?

Thanks Bantry - and please let me into that sandbox. I'm sure your Mother taught you to share. :)

• Haha
Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
From the early stages of this game I have used the Mod leisurely (I'm on Day 508). I haven't used it on Amy for over 5 weeks within the game. You highlighted "the last of Joy's Wishes/Desires", do I need to complete all the other girls' wishes before I can move on with Amy? That I have not done. There are a few girls that I have some things to tend too (i.e. - I have never had Ivy on the Island yet). So I have no problem completing the other girls' tasks to get to that level and finalize with Joy before. The last time I visited Joy (besides the a fore mentioned scene) she informed me that nobody on the island has any current wishes.

Thanks Bantry - and please let me into that sandbox. I'm sure your Mother taught you to share. :)
You do not need to reset Amy's stats. They will increase as you complete the various stages of her quests as outlined in the Companion Guide. Not sure I understand your statement about completing other girls' Wishes and Desires. As I recall, you cannot get Joy's 5th outfit and 'Youth Pill' scene until the others have been completed. You do not have to complete all the achievements (Achievements are different than Wishes and Desires) for the other girls like Ivy, Delizia, etc. to move along to completing Amy's quests. You do need to be in your room so she can visit you and tell you about getting her implants removed. Hope that makes sense.

I'll ask Delizia if she will consider meeting you in the gym, so you can help her with her strength training. However, you will have to transfer 500 Company Favor to my account. LOL

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

It may help if we work out which part of Amy's quest you are up to?
Go into your phone, in the open tasks and quests section.
Hover your mouse over the top white text line to see a hint, or a yellow line that is not crossed out to give you a hint as well.
Should look something like this...

Amy tasks.png

Either get a screengrab if you can... or make a note and tell us what the yellow text line is not crossed out is.
Also what the hint is when you hover over the white text line at the top.

As for Bantry... or the PowerBar Coffee Hermit, as he is known in certain circles... ;)
He's not good at sharing... often you hear him call Delizia "My Precious!!"... reminds me of someone? :unsure:
Don't pay 500 company favour to him, a box of Apple PowerBars and a bag of Dragon Poo Coffee will be cheaper, and he'll accept...trust me! ;)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes