Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
99% chance it is the persistent file that is causing the problem. Full information can be found on the first page.
View attachment 1454519
Also, to be 100% sure you have the latest version of the game, visit the developer's Patreon page and download the game and the update there, as there have been reported issues with the files downloaded from the links posted here on F95Zone.

Deleting the persistent file is the first thing I tried doing to solve the issue... didn't work.
It's the weirdest thing.
I've looked in the appdata folder again since, in case I had forgotten to delete some saves from there, but no, that's not the case, unless they are stored someplace else where I have not looked. any leads to that effect would be welcomed.

I downloaded the HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc version from the patreon.
tried to run it again.. this is the log it generated whilst failing to launch.

Sat Oct 16 22:27:20 2021
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.12s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.12s
Loading error handling took 0.42s
Loading script took 6.17s

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Deleting the persistent file is the first thing I tried doing to solve the issue... didn't work.
It's the weirdest thing.
I've looked in the appdata folder again since, in case I had forgotten to delete some saves from there, but no, that's not the case, unless they are stored someplace else where I have not looked. any leads to that effect would be welcomed.

I downloaded the HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc version from the patreon.
tried to run it again.. this is the log it generated whilst failing to launch.
The only other place the 'saves' are stored is under the game folder. After downloading the 0.3.1.0, have you also downloaded the update to 0.3.1.1 from the patreon site? Past that I'm out of ideas and you may have to wait for the developer to see and respond to your post.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
derpity derp.. I did not download the update/fix.
did that now though, to no effect, sadly

Sat Oct 16 22:47:57 2021
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.30s
Early init took 0.02s
Loader init took 0.22s
Loading error handling took 0.28s
So I shall wait patiently for the dev to throw in his 2 cents. it might be worth noting that I am not 100% certain about the timing, but I believe windows decided to update to the latest version pre-win11, before having the game vamoose on me.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
derpity derp.. I did not download the update/fix.
did that now though, to no effect, sadly

So I shall wait patiently for the dev to throw in his 2 cents. it might be worth noting that I am not 100% certain about the timing, but I believe windows decided to update to the latest version pre-win11, before having the game vamoose on me.
Dumb question - in the %appdata%\renpy folder, are you deleting the 'persistent' FOLDER, or the 'persistent' file WITHIN the 'Island-XXXXXXXXXX' folder? It needs to be the latter to fix the 'persistent' issue.

I only ask because the symptoms exactly match this issue, and if it is NOT the 'persistent file' issue, then the actual problem is pretty unique to you at this point.

Reactions: yankeeInKy

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Dumb question - in the %appdata%\renpy folder, are you deleting the 'persistent' FOLDER, or the 'persistent' file WITHIN the 'Island-XXXXXXXXXX' folder? It needs to be the latter to fix the 'persistent' issue.

I only ask because the symptoms exactly match this issue, and if it is NOT the 'persistent file' issue, then the actual problem is pretty unique to you at this point.
I've deleted the entire island folder, all of the saves, including the persistent one
foget that..
I'm dumb..
I couldn't find a holiday island folder of saves, so I figured I must have deleted the whole thing, when the issue first manifested, a few days ago..
Picking it up a few days later, it never occurred to me that the folder's name would be different, Island... and I miss remembered having deleted it properly
I've deleted the persistent file now and the game is back.
thanks for the help, folks

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for your answer... :)

I just wanted to know since the character sheets state 2/10 or 4/10 as the strength value. I also thought that it would make sense to be able to train with the girls. I find then a little pity. One could also make some events dependent on it.
Actually, that isn't a half-bad idea: Have Delizia and Yvette (and others, maybe) increase their strength score during the workouts they do with the MC. They are 'getting stronger' according to the events...

Probably not worth the extra work it would be for the game, but I like it.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.2 - development news (updated 17. of October 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.2).

The change log below is based on the release 0.3.1.0.
The next main release is 0.3.2 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.2.0 has:
16 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • Delizia will be converted to role staff and will become head nurse --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • The tiers 1, 2 and 3 will be replaced by 5 named tiers and the assignment of the girls to the tires will be adjusted. More details will be explained in a separate post --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • A new role "staff" will be implemented and the existing role "regulars" will be replaced by "resort guests". More details will be explained in a separate post. --> will be part of 0.3.2
Minor improvements and changes

Bug fixes

• Company favor costs displayed was not the amount of company favor reduced afterwards --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • You could get two invitations from Alice for strength training for the same day --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • Overlay images are displayed in Amy's protein shake event --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • At the end of Aly's event at the sun lounger at the beach, overlay images are displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • The achievement for Amy's scene in the night bar lavatory isn't unlocked --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • During her strength training quest, you could visit Delizia during daytime, although it was only supposed to be possible at midnight or later --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.2.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.2.0 --> no idea yet

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior366
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes