Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hello, I have been off for quite a while here. I try to play the new missions with Yvette. It says she needs certain clothing for some of them. I cant order them on the phone and when i ask at the bar if she needs something she says no, how can i start getting the new clothes!?
Have you talked with Yvette and asked her to wear something different?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
The different hairstyles is a nice touch. I have no idea how complex it was technically to do this, but I can think of some other girls this would look really good on too. So when other girls get a makeover, please consider this too Darkhound.
When you say makeover, is that as in a second hair or actual Ivy style remake?

Second hair
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Remakes

Note.
Just a technical walk through, my evaluation. Darkhound will do as he please.

Last edited:

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
Companion mod for Holiday Island 0.3.1.x and later (mod version 0.1.3)

Hello everyone!

This is the new version 0.1.3 of the companion mod for Holiday Island ver. 0.3.1.x and later.

The mod has been created by Niceerotica and myself.
The mod is a cheat tool for the main game Holiday Island.
Some of you might already know earlier versions of the mod. So here is a list of what the mod can do and of what's new.
  • the mod can always be used, even in the middle of a scene or an event
  • it offers a variety of option to change attributes of the player (MC)
    - first name and last name can be changed (bugs have been fixed now)
    - all effects (good or bad) can be added and removed with the click of a mouse. If an effect has several levels, clicking on the effect another time will increase the effect strength
    - all player attributes like strength, endurance, lust, etc. can be adjusted
  • it offers a lot of possibilities to change the stats of each girl
    - you can switch between outfits (use at your own risk during a scene, you might get crashes or missing images).
    - room number, breast size, poker skill, almost anything can be made visible or adjusted
    - all the regular stats like affection, love, lust can be changed too
  • every non quest item you can buy or get through other means can be added to your inventory with the "inventory manager" of the mod
  • it now displays the location of each (regular) girl and even allows to change it
  • it allows to switch the general cheats on and off (rollback at hotshots and you can see who has teh winning hand at poker)
  • Sara's special self tan lotion can be added once you have finished the quest line
How to "install" the mod:
On PC: Extract the content of the attached zip file into the folder where you installed your Holiday Island main game.
On a Mac: Navigate further down in the folder where you installed your Holiday Island game, until you see a folder named game. Extract the content into this folder (not into the folder named game, but into the folder where you can see "game" as a folder).

View attachment 1432629 View attachment 1432630 View attachment 1432631 View attachment 1432632
is this still ok with the latest ver?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
When you say makeover, is that as in a second hair or actual Ivy style remake?

Second hair

Remakes

Note.
Just a technical walk through, my evaluation. Darkhound will do as he please.
I quite agree with your assessment. But it doesn't hurt to voice the opinion. And I think Darkhound did say he was looking at some more Ivy-style remakes. And then there is the girl that will replace Natasha. She is new anyway. I think Daniela is also a good candidate for hairstyles. But as she is a recent addition that is unlikely to happen.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Is there a cheat that lets you trigger events? I am not seeing a lot of events not happening. And I refuse to start over

Singer2022

Jan 22, 2021
Yvette = Beach Bar tease scene. Ivy = Arrival, Reception, Desire = Yoga scene, Amy = Pool scene.
Dear Sir,

could you eloborate on that? Got the Ivy Reception which is pretty straight forward but I am struggling with the rest.

I assume arrival means sending Ivy away and inviting her back?

Regarding Yvette - cannot get her to sit beside me at the beach bar. Tried with different outfits, her being alone at the beach etc.

Same goes for Desire and Amy...any suggestions?

Cheers

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a cheat that lets you trigger events? I am not seeing a lot of events not happening. And I refuse to start over
If your phone, which has hints and requirements for all open achievements isn't enough, try the Companion Guide.

Dear Sir,

could you eloborate on that? Got the Ivy Reception which is pretty straight forward but I am struggling with the rest.

I assume arrival means sending Ivy away and inviting her back?

Regarding Yvette - cannot get her to sit beside me at the beach bar. Tried with different outfits, her being alone at the beach etc.

Same goes for Desire and Amy...any suggestions?

Cheers
Items that would not normally be in the scenes appear briefly (trophies) click on them.

Can't get Yvette at the beach bar? Read the Companion Guide.

Reactions: Singer2022

Sertweeet

Oct 25, 2019
hello I have problem in loading this file...
other renpy files are fine but this holiday island file never load...
any solutions?

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.11s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.17s
Loading error handling took 0.36s
Loading script took 5.95s

here is a message in log file...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
any solutions?

Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.17s

More information needed. First time playing the game or trying to continue and load a save? What type of system, etc. Lastly, did you follow the installation instructions to the letter?

Reactions: BDMick

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
any solutions?

Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.17s

Even though I cannot help you directly, have you used the search function?
Scroll to the very top of the page and then you can find it on the right side of the page header. If I use "Bootstrap to the start of init.init" as a search term, there are numerous results, also from the past few days. Maybe you will find a solution there.

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0360.jpg

Version 0.3.6 - development news (updated 12. of March 2022)

Hi guys and gals,
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.6).​
You can see the main focus for the next update in the above image. The third area of the image will be filled later on.

The change log below is based on the release 0.3.5.0.​

The next main release is 0.3.6 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
An incremental update to 0.3.5.1 will be released soon for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also a full update for Android version 0.3.5.1 will be released soon.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.5.0 to 0.3.6.0 has:
18 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
Minor improvements and changes

• The night bar gets a new background image and Jennifer and Yumiko get a new bartender sprite --> will be part of 0.3.5.1
  • Alice gets new base sprites for her doctor uniform (including emotional states) --> will be part of 0.3.5.1
  • The restaurant are gets some new renders (background and rain) for rainy days --> will be part of 0.3.5.1
  • Delizia gets new high res sprites for all her swimwear actions and base images --> will be part of 0.3.5.1
Bug fixes
  • By the pool, sitting on the sunbed with Ivy in basic swimsuit a black rectangle is fading in and out of screen. --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1
  • When visiting Amy or Ivy or Yvette in her room and the girl opens the door, the image sprites are not the correct size (they re too large) --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1
  • When going on a date using the button in the calendar app, the phone stays open and blocks the view --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1
  • When the phone is open and you talk/compliment a girl, the game crashes --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1
  • When talking to Sara during her experiment quest line, a crash can occur (IndexError: list index out of range), can be ignored and continued, so not critical --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1
  • When Deliza leaves for her doctor exam, a couple of problems occurred (crash at the doctor's office, duplicate Delizia doctor) --> will be fixed with 0.3.5.1

Sertweeet

Oct 25, 2019
More information needed. First time playing the game or trying to continue and load a save? What type of system, etc. Lastly, did you follow the installation instructions to the letter?
about 2 years ago, the file was fine without errors.. I reinstalled this game yesterday but there is no happening when i clicked the file to start the game...

Sertweeet

Oct 25, 2019
Even though I cannot help you directly, have you used the search function?
Scroll to the very top of the page and then you can find it on the right side of the page header. If I use "Bootstrap to the start of init.init" as a search term, there are numerous results, also from the past few days. Maybe you will find a solution there.
thx.. I will do that

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
The different hairstyles is a nice touch. I have no idea how complex it was technically to do this, but I can think of some other girls this would look really good on too. So when other girls get a makeover, please consider this too Darkhound.
Changing the hairstyle can make a girl look very different.
I made some random renders using Yvette with different hair. In some images she looks older, in some younger. In some similar, in some very different.
Only a couple of hair styles work well with a girl most of the time. There are exceptions. Some girls look good with almost any hairstyle. Yvette not so much.
A style that is good for one girl, can be a really bad choice for another one.

Yvette_hair1.png Yvette_hair2.png Yvette_hair3.png Yvette_hair4.png Yvette_hair5.png Yvette_hair6.png Yvette_hair7.png Yvette_hair8.png Yvette_hair9.png Yvette_hair10.png Yvette_hair11.png Yvette_hair12.png Yvette_hair13.png Yvette_hair14.png Yvette_hair15.png Yvette_hair16.png Yvette_hair17.png Yvette_hair18.png Yvette_hair19.png Yvette_hair20.png Yvette_hair21.png Yvette_hair22.png Yvette_hair23.png

Sertweeet

Oct 25, 2019
I found the solution!
I deleted all of my save files and it works!!!! Thanks for your advice

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes