MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
More Holiday Island fun statistics

The regulars on this thread know that I like to post some Holiday Island fun statistics from time to time. Due to recent questions for the date of the next release, now is the perfect time for a new one regarding time between Holiday Island releases and Darkhound's work velocity.

This is the number of days between main Holiday Island releases:

View attachment 1860077

It is immediately apparent that the time between releases has increased and there have been (unfounded) complaints about that fact.
However, simply measuring the time between releases completely neglects to consider the amount of new and updated content that Darkhound created for each release. Though, this is partially reflected by the version numbers that have jumped from e.g. 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0.0 and 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.5.0.

So if you plot the amount of new content against time between releases, you get a more complete picture:

View attachment 1860109

It is apparent that the data points more or less follow a straight line. This means that Darkound's work velocity is more or less constant! On average, per day, Darkhound completes four (!) new or updated features (see equation of the regression line).

Takeaways:
  • Darkhound's work velocity has not slowed down
  • The time between releases reflects the amount of new and updated content
  • If Darkhound reduced the time between releases to zero, there'd magically be 267 new or updated features ;)
  • We will get there when Darkhound gets there
Love me some quantitative analysis chat... Now I want to go binge-watch some episodes of NUMB3RS... of course, Amita (Navi Rawat) and Agent Liz Warner (Aya Sumiko) wouldn't have anything to do with that... :cool:

kriskano

Jul 8, 2017
More Holiday Island fun statistics

The regulars on this thread know that I like to post some Holiday Island fun statistics from time to time. Due to recent questions for the date of the next release, now is the perfect time for a new one regarding time between Holiday Island releases and Darkhound's work velocity.

This is the number of days between main Holiday Island releases:

View attachment 1860077

It is immediately apparent that the time between releases has increased and there have been (unfounded) complaints about that fact.
However, simply measuring the time between releases completely neglects to consider the amount of new and updated content that Darkhound created for each release. Though, this is partially reflected by the version numbers that have jumped from e.g. 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0.0 and 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.5.0.

So if you plot the amount of new content against time between releases, you get a more complete picture:

View attachment 1860109

It is apparent that the data points more or less follow a straight line. This means that Darkound's work velocity is more or less constant! On average, per day, Darkhound completes four (!) new or updated features (see equation of the regression line).

Takeaways:
  • Darkhound's work velocity has not slowed down
  • The time between releases reflects the amount of new and updated content
  • If Darkhound reduced the time between releases to zero, there'd magically be 267 new or updated features ;)
  • We will get there when Darkhound gets there

Love me some quantitative analysis chat... Now I want to go binge-watch some episodes of NUMB3RS... of course, Amita (Navi Rawat) and Agent Liz Warner (Aya Sumiko) wouldn't have anything to do with that... :cool:
It’s smart now that you’re talking about Navi Rawat I also want to make myself an episode :LOL:;)

But otherwise it is true that having this kind of information is very interesting. Thanks BDMick

Dec 7, 2019
Just a quick message to express complete approval for Lacey's cosmetic change, the original version has always had a bit of an unsettling underage vibe to her... GREAT job on this one, just like for Ivy! (y)
Kind of out of the loop on this one. Have we seen the new Lacey yet?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Kind of out of the loop on this one. Have we seen the new Lacey yet?
There is one picture of the new Lacey on the development news page . There are a number of other pictures on Patreon, but I think they are all Patron-only. Search in this thread, some of them may have been posted here.

Reactions: junior366

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Some public previews of the new Lacey (0.3.6 preview)

Hello everybody,

as a patron, you have already seen a couple of preview images of the new Lacey.
Today I'm going to share some more images with all of you.
  • First image is from her beach walk scene, wearing her skimpy bikini.
  • Second image shows Lacey walking into the gym after changing into her workout outfit
  • Third image is Lacey complaining about too much weight when she's about to do pecs training
  • Image number four shows her starting with her yoga exercises
  • In the last one, she's leaving the gym shower
I hope you enjoy the previews,
Darkhound

Lacey_beach_walk2_swim2.jpg

Lacey_workout_enter4.jpg Lacey_workout_pecs2.png Lacey_workout_yoga6.png Lacey_workout_shower_leave3.jpg

nandat0

Feb 26, 2020
wow , what an amazing job lacey looks superb , did the mc shirt always had that logo ? congrats to dh and duckswim

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
This game keeps getting better and better! My only complaint is I feel like I have to start a whole new game after every update so I can enjoy all the new renders. Any tips from others who share this same sentiment?

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
Some public previews of the new Lacey (0.3.6 preview)

Hello everybody,

as a patron, you have already seen a couple of preview images of the new Lacey.
Today I'm going to share some more images with all of you.
  • First image is from her beach walk scene, wearing her skimpy bikini.
  • Second image shows Lacey walking into the gym after changing into her workout outfit
  • Third image is Lacey complaining about too much weight when she's about to do pecs training
  • Image number four shows her starting with her yoga exercises
  • In the last one, she's leaving the gym shower
I hope you enjoy the previews,
Darkhound

View attachment 1868214

View attachment 1868216 View attachment 1868215 View attachment 1868217 View attachment 1868219
Drool! I think you're going to have to register NewLacey™ because she's going to be a big hit :D

She's lovely! A great improvement, sir :love:

Reactions: MarsUltor
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes