Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I tried to re-apply the 0.3.1.1 fix as suggested but the bug persists. Am I missing some other tips from the post?...
You might try downloading the game and updates directly from the developer's Patreon page. There were some reported issues with the files linked on the main page of this thread. Don't know if they were ever resolved.

You do NOT need to be a patron to download from his page. I would download both v0.3.1.0 and the update v0.3.1.1 and follow the install instructions. If that doesn't work, you may be having issues with your persistent file and the fix for that has been posted numerous times.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
You might try downloading the game and updates directly from the developer's Patreon page. There were some reported issues with the files linked on the main page of this thread. Don't know if they were ever resolved.

You do NOT need to be a patron to download from his page. I would download both v0.3.1.0 and the update v0.3.1.1 and follow the install instructions. If that doesn't work, you may be having issues with your persistent file and the fix for that has been posted numerous times.
Unfortunately, nothing worked: I have re-downloaded the game from the patreon page (which so far, was the only thing I had not thought about while trying to fix the issue by myself), installed the fix from there as well (twice, just in case), and deleted my persistent files from both the game folder and the Renpy folder.

I'll redescribe the bug just in case someone else might have a clue, so that they don't have to scroll up all the messages: after meeting Jennifer to be shown the new hotel room, the quest doesn't go to the next step of the chain (which is asking for the requirements at the reception), forcing a repeat of the same scene.

Last edited:

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Unfortunately, nothing worked: I have re-downloaded the game from the patreon page (which so far, was the only thing I had not thought about while trying to fix the issue by myself), installed the fix from there as well (twice, just in case), and deleted my persistent files from both the game folder and the Renpy folder.

I'll redescribe the bug just in case someone else might have a clue, so that they don't have to scroll up all the messages: after meeting Jennifer to be shown the new hotel room, the quest doesn't go to the next step of the chain (which is asking for the requirements at the reception), forcing a repeat of the same scene.
The only one that might have a clue is darkhound1 I think.

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi all, a strange bug I encountered while unlocking the new room: I meet Jennifer at the reception so that she can give me the tour, but after she's done, the quest doesn't update properly and the phone still tells me to meet her at around 9 pm for the visit. Only after meeting her a second time to repeat the exact same scene, the quest can then unlock the next step, where you have to ask at the reception about the requirements to access the room.

Any idea about what might cause this or how to fix it? It is not a big deal but the repeated event is a bit of an immersion breaker.
Oh sorry, forgot to mention that the game is already updated to version 0.3.1.1!

If it can help, I have attached a couple of saved games: one right before calling Jennifer at the reception, and one right after.
The problem has always been there. It only occurs if you ask at reception at a time Jennifer is available to give you the tour right away. I have fixed it now. Will be part of the next update.
To avoid having to do the scene with Jennifer twice with 0.3.1, ask the first time at reception e.g. in the morning.

varaq

Aug 3, 2017
i need help. plz
This error message is displayed when moving to a room from another location, or when turning on the cell phone in the room.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/loc_player_room.rpy", line 165, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 385, in script call
V�`-�p�vo���(ԇVr5�0~��,9�ݾL�OMM�/?Qvd�
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1411, in script call
File "game/loc_player_room.rpyc", line 165, in script
���a�Y�0�˂/@ђ'�s� `A{E�M�N���CVy
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/loc_player_room.rpy", line 165, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.3.1.1
Tue Oct 26 00:36:19 2021

Reactions: UraN82

drumj

Dec 9, 2020
After i tried instal companion mod into a game folder, my game dont wanna run, i reinstalled the game, tried run it as admin, turned off antivirus, restarted pc, like wtf??

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
The problem has always been there. It only occurs if you ask at reception at a time Jennifer is available to give you the tour right away. I have fixed it now. Will be part of the next update.
To avoid having to do the scene with Jennifer twice with 0.3.1, ask the first time at reception e.g. in the morning.
Worked like a charm, thanks a lot! :D

kujoe

Sep 23, 2020
Hi,

I'm playing the latest version, and I've been trying to customize my new room that Jennifer grants you in the game, but I'm not sure how to go about it. From what I understand, you need to acquire the app to do so from reception, but that option doesn't appear. Is there another condition that I must meet in order for the option to get the app become available at the reception?

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hi,

I'm playing the latest version, and I've been trying to customize my new room that Jennifer grants you in the game, but I'm not sure how to go about it. From what I understand, you need to acquire the app to do so from reception, but that option doesn't appear. Is there another condition that I must meet in order for the option to get the app become available at the reception?
You need to purchase the photo frames from reception, and then you can cut out a frame from your achievement photos and transfer them to the frame.

Reactions: junior366

kujoe

Sep 23, 2020
You need to purchase the photo frames from reception, and then you can cut out a frame from your achievement photos and transfer them to the frame.
I believe I already have that. In my room the wall has those three placeholder images of female silhouettes. Are those the photo frames you're referring to?

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I believe I already have that. In my room the wall has those three placeholder images of female silhouettes. Are those the photo frames you're referring to?
Reception will have to activate the frames for you for a fee of 150 company favor each. Consequently, the total cost to activate them is 450 cf. So if you have not yet done that, ask at the reception.

Btw.: I was about to refer to the Companion Guide but the frames, their cost, and activation are not mentioned there. Or did I overlook it?

Reactions: MarsUltor

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Yeah, that's where the pics will show up. Like I said before, open any achievement photo, and then press the button to show the frame (here: blue), move it around using the arrows and when you are done, click either L, M or R.

Phote Frame Instructions.png

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Save file request fun statistics

When I arrived on this thread a few years ago I found something astounding: people asking for save files!
I could never really fathom why you would do that. I mean, Darkhound's Holiday Island is such a fantastic game with so many big boobed beauties - why would you not play it yourself!? Plus, you'd miss out on so much content!

There was more. For some unknown reason - apart from a handful of requests - none of the requests were alike. They were all unique! And they still are - even after all this time. This also applies to the one from yesterday. I had never seen it before: "guys i lost my save data where can i find save data, i don't want to start form very beginning". That one, like all the other ones, entered my ever growing collection of Holiday Island save file requests :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Several people on this thread try to stem the tide of save file requests. Try to convince people to rather play the game themselves than missing out on all the fun. That "full save files" don't exist and never will. And so on.

What can I tell you. Your efforts seem to pay off! There is no other logical explanation for this:

1635282830586.png

The number of save file request has strongly decreased compared to the previous release.
A more far fetched explanation is that people have simply run out of ideas creating unique save file request?

Last edited:

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Save file request fun statistics

When I arrived on this thread a few years ago I found something astounding: people asking for save files!
I could never really fathom why you would do that. I mean, Darkhound's Holiday Island is such a fantastic game with so many big boobed beauties - why would you not play it yourself!? Plus, you'd miss out on so much content!

There was more. For some unknown reason - apart from a handful of requests - none of the requests were alike. They were all unique! And they still are - even after all this time. This also applies to the one from yesterday. I had never seen it before: "guys i lost my save data where can i find save data, i don't want to start form very beginning". That one, like all the other ones, entered my ever growing collection of Holiday Island save file requests :)

Several people on this thread try to stem the tide of save file requests. Try to convince people to rather play the game themselves than missing out on all the fun. That "full save files" don't exist and never will. And so on.

What can I tell you. Your efforts seem to pay off! There is no other logical explanation for this:

View attachment 1470256

The number of save file request has strongly decreased compared to the previous release.
A more far fetched explanation is that people have simply run out of ideas creating unique save file request?
You, sir, win the internet for the day!!!

Darkman27

Sep 26, 2020
Just encountered a problem guys
I tried searching for it and found that a lot of other guys got this problem too.
The problem is when click on the .exe file the game just refuses to open
I tried restarting and even extracting a new file
So if anyone knows what to do plz do help me
I really like this game and want to play it...

Darkman27

Sep 26, 2020
It has been answered,

By Darkhound, (check comments)
By others, Page 1, Game Fix.

Before you delete the two persistent save files, make a copy and upload them.
That way Darkhound has a chance to debug what the issue with Ren'Py is.

If you don't want to upload it here in the forum, start a conversation and put them there.

TYSM!!!! worked like a charm

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes