Stoshio

May 30, 2021
BDMick
I have 0.3.6.1 also.
It works fine for me but I hardly ever use invites.
Could it be a frequency of usage thing? Just guessing.

With 0.3.6.0 she's been a nympho with me.
Most every day I get a stay the night or have dinner email.
Not to mention all the other meetings with her.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I am no longer able to make appointments with the girls during breakfast, lunch or dinner. That option simply isn't available any more (see below). Is that a bug?
BDMick, is not a Bug it is the new UI, ..........
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Over here you ask now for apointments, dates on the 4th option from the left if I click there then I get the same as you showed in your post.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I now know what cancels the ankle checkup trigger, and it is weird: giving a rose to Ivy at dinner was the cause. Actually, the action of giving a present at dinner is. It does not matter to whom or what it seems, and it has to be at dinner*. I am playing version 0.3.6.1.
Can you have a look into that Darkhound?

ps.: *actually it is any interaction with a girl at dinner, talking about other things, hugging kissing, groping... And also any such action at breakfast...

pps.: There is another minor bug when Sara is to pick you up and you are not in your room at 8:00. The shower scene will trigger and right after reading something you are back where you were (reception) and it knocks on your door :). Unfortunately, the reception stays in place blocking my view throughout the whole scene.
View attachment 2051388

View attachment 2051390

ppps: And then right after leaving the lab at 12:30 and going somewhere else I was transported back to 8:00! I think I have seen reports of such behavior before? This does not seem to have had any effect on the game flow luckily. The day was 4:30 longer, that was all.
There was a bug at the restaurant that could lead to inconsistenies.
The advanement of time wasn't propagated properly. While the time is displayed correctly, a lot of other variables were not adjusted. This inluded all the timers for events, appointments, etc.
This in conjunction with not the best IF clause when triggering the visit of Sara to pick you up for the lab sequence led to the problem that the event wasn't triggered. It should still be triggered on the following day though.
--> this is fixed now

The overlay problem is related to a number of bugs that add together.
1) The location wasn't changed to the player room when the "you head back to your room" text was shown.
2) When reading and you selected the last option (you have changed your mind), the game wrongfully switched from VN/scene mode back to the sandbox mode, which display the UI on the right and since the location was still reception in your case (because off error 1), the receptionist's overlay images were shown.
--> both problems are fixed now

The time jump was already fixed and the fix is part of the android 0.3.6.1. For whatever reason, I forgot to include it in the PC fix 0.3.6.1

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
BDMick, is not a Bug it is the new UI, ..........
Over here you ask now for apointments, dates on the 4th option from the left if I click there then I get the same as you showed in your post.
Many thanks, I completely missed that option :LOL:.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0370.jpg

Version 0.3.7 - development news (updated 22nd of September 2022)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.7).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.6.0.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.6.0 to 0.3.7.0 has:
191 additional renders, videos or sound files
65 backgrounds for the new phone
54 updated renders

New features and content
  • Ivy gets a new night bar drink scene in her basic outfit --> still working on it, (renders are done)
  • Ivy gets a web search event posing for the Young & Fit magazine --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Amy gets a new event where she has sex with the player in the ladies room of the night bar (this partially reuses existing renders, mixed with new ones) --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Amy gets a new event where she has sex with the player in the green room in the night bar (this partially reuses existing renders, mixed with new ones) --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • When some girls are horny and their love is high enough, they can initiate sex events --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • The phone gets a major update with backgrounds to select, new icons and more cool stuff --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yumiko's last call scene at the night bar gets new images in high res and webp format --> still working on it, (renders are mostly done)
  • Jennifer's last call scene at the night bar gets new images in high res and webp format --> still working on it, (renders are done)
  • The text to speech for the AI voice can be switched off now in the preferences --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Amy gets emotions for her swimwear sprites, her night wear sprites and a resolution upgrade for all her actions --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Images for player actions (relax, jog, train) have been upgraded to double resolution webp format --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Company favor changes will be displayed on the left side now --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Sperm sample donation at the doctor will be done with the total quantity for each type now --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
Bug fixes
  • After the message for the ankle check, Sara didn't show up at your room the next morning when you did more than 2 actions at the restaurant --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
  • When you send a girl home who was the current doctor, she could roam the doctor's office as a ghost (invisible, but still talking to you) --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
  • Delizia could show up twice as a nurse in the doctor's office --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
  • When you were not in your room when Sara picks you up for the ankle checkup, wrong overlay images were shown. In addition, the overlay UI on the right was shown --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.7.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:

0.3.7.0 --> no idea yet

Last edited:

bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
View attachment 2052621

Version 0.3.7 - development news (updated 19th of September 2022)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.7).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.6.0.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.6.0 to 0.3.7.0 has:
191 additional renders, videos or sound files
65 backgrounds for the new phone
54 updated renders

New features and content
  • Ivy gets a new night bar drink scene in her basic outfit --> still working on it, (renders are done)
  • Amy gets a new event where she has sex with the player in the ladies room of the night bar (this partially reuses existing renders, mixed with new ones) --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Amy gets a new event where she has sex with the player in the green room in the night bar (this partially reuses existing renders, mixed with new ones) --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • When some girls are horny and their love is high enough, they can initiate sex events --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • The phone gets a major update with backgrounds to select, new icons and more cool stuff --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yumiko's last call scene at the night bar gets new images in high res and webp format --> still working on it, (renders are mostly done)
  • Jennifer's last call scene at the night bar gets new images in high res and webp format --> still working on it, (renders are done)
  • The text to speech for the AI voice can be switched off now in the preferences --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Amy gets emotions for her swimwear sprites, her night wear sprites and a resolution upgrade for all her actions --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Images for player actions (relax, jog, train) have been upgraded to double resolution webp format --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Company favor changes will be displayed on the left side now --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
  • Sperm sample donation at the doctor will be done with the total quantity for each type now --> will be part of 0.3.7.0
Bug fixes
  • After the message for the ankle check, Sara didn't show up at your room the next morning when you did more than 2 actions at the restaurant --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
  • When you were not in your room when Sara picks you up for the ankle checkup, wrong overlay images were shown. In addition, the overlay UI on the right was shown --> will be fixed with 0.3.7.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.7.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:

0.3.7.0 --> no idea yet
hope Sara and Mia get some more content
the lab stuff are by far the ones I'm most excited about!

Reactions: Sweet Force

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Justa' Heads Up.
Wiped it fresh to give it a go, patched it.
Amy still has the Aly weight training issue AND.... yes i applied the Fix and No it does not fix it.

Tested under Win7 and Linux as well.
Done with this for the time being.

Good Luck with it, take care. (y)

ps: Someone tell Yvette to stop asking about Renee' ALREADY ..... please and Thank You.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Justa' Heads Up.
Wiped it fresh to give it a go, patched it.
Amy still has the Aly weight training issue AND.... yes i applied the Fix and No it does not fix it.

Tested under Win7 and Linux as well.
Done with this for the time being.

Good Luck with it, take care. (y)

ps: Someone tell Yvette to stop asking about Renee' ALREADY ..... please and Thank You.
That's odd. Aly weight lifting was fixed for me, both with the original fix and 3.6.1. Just checked and it is there.

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
This is pretty much the only developer who releases small files as updates for the hotfixes and not re-upload the entire game all over again.

I cannot count how many times I downloaded several gigabytes worth of data just for a small fix in a massive game.

Thanks

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
This is pretty much the only developer who releases small files as updates for the hotfixes and not re-upload the entire game all over again.

I cannot count how many times I downloaded several gigabytes worth of data just for a small fix in a massive game.

Thanks
I know of others, but they are for sure in a minority. :LOL:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017

Thanks
Thanks, but it has its drawbacks, as you can see from some of the recent posts.
"Patch not working" which (if it works for others) means in 100% of the cases that the user applied it the wrong way.
But instead of trying to find out what they did wrong, they keep complaining about the patch not working.

To help them anyway, here are the 2 most common errors made when applying the patches.
  • Using unren and decrypting the rpyc files without knowing what that means
    If you did this, in order for the patch to work, you need to delete all the rpy (that's the decrypted rpyc files) and only after that copy the rpyc files from the patch and overwrite the existing ones
    Why do you have to do this? Because that's how renpy works. If there are rpy files, they will always take precedence over rpyc files. If you start the game, the renpy compiler will create new rpyc files based on the rpy files, so your patch is poof (gone).
  • Extracting/copying the files into the wrong folder.
    If you copy the patch files and you are not asked if you want to overwrite anything, you did it wrong and copied the files to the wrong folder

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Here is another bug that has not yet been reported I think?
Alice is the doctor but all interactions are still with Delizia even though the latter is in a different location at that time (at the beach in my case):

1663709915167.png

1663709955556.png

Maybe the following is not a bug? I am not sure.
1663710061249.png

And there is a minor typo when you are in the night bar and sit down with Yvette on the couch. Jennifer: "..., please take of your shoes ..." (should be "off").

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes