xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hi, for some reason, I am not able to upgrade the sub dermal hacks for many of the girls, I try press it and it won’t upgrade, it just randomly stopped working as I have upgraded the girls to level 3 access before but now I can’t, any help?
AFAIK there are only 3 levels of dermal implants Level 3 is the highest, the girl must be on the Island

Sickblole91

Nov 19, 2022
AFAIK there are only 3 levels of dermal implants Level 3 is the highest, the girl must be on the Island
No sorry, I didn’t explain it right my bad, I am trying to upgrade Mercedes implant from level 1 to 2 so that I can get the scene of her working out in the gym at 0230 but for some reason it is not allowing me to do that, I click it and nothing happens. I was saying that in the past, it allowed me to upgrade other girls to level 3 but now for Mercedes and 4 others, it won’t let me upgrade their sub dermal level. Maybe there is a limit, idk

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
No sorry, I didn’t explain it right my bad, I am trying to upgrade Mercedes implant from level 1 to 2 so that I can get the scene of her working out in the gym at 0230 but for some reason it is not allowing me to do that, I click it and nothing happens. I was saying that in the past, it allowed me to upgrade other girls to level 3 but now for Mercedes and 4 others, it won’t let me upgrade their sub dermal level. Maybe there is a limit, idk
No, there is no limit, that is strange how high are your hacking skills ? try to learn Hacking in your room (even if it is maxed out) just a wild Idea
; do you play with the Companion Mod ?

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Update your game to 0.3.7.1
What you describe is a bug from version 0.3.7.0

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
@darkhound1
There is a bug in every function that removes elements from a list while looping over the whole list, when an element is removed python shift the rest of the list down before looping on the list.
So the loop skips over the element that was after the element that was removed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't know that it works like that. Just verified it and you're right.
Must have been some unix guy who designed the functionality...
Stupid doesn't even cover it.
The typo has beeen there from the beginning and it is used everywhere. I'm not going to change it.

Reactions: ElAguila

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
I didn't know that it works like that.
This skipping thing is actually the only sane way to implement an array-based iterator.
That's because there is no fast and efficient way for a list to notify each of its (potentially numerous) iterators that it has changed.

Stupid doesn't even cover it.
Well ... more like inconvenient.
What is stupid, is that you don't have any error at all, and (if you don't look closely) it looks like it works, when it doesn't.

PS: I like the way it is done in Java: both the list and the iterator keep a modification count, and if there is any discrepancy, the iterator blows up your face, so you can't ignore your own bug.

Reactions: HollowVoice

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Well, yes and no. Would have been super easy to do it differently like in a lot of other languages without causing performance problems. When I do it myself with a do/while I can also just not increase the counter when I delete an element of the list I'm looping.
There shouldn't be an error, because nothing is wrong and there is no problem until you try to access the element you just deleted within the loop, which isn't done.
But please not let that get into a discussion about programming in this thread.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kiskocya

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Indeed, You have better things to do.
Such as that naughty list of yours ...

According to Miranda you are only one nom away from being nom-nom'ed by Cthulhu!

View attachment 2547922
This Cthulhu madness has to stop!! I'm about *this* close to dispatching a phalanx of Pastafarian Ninja-Pirates to restrain and dominate Cthulhu with extreme prejudice, capture Cthulhu's minions so that they can be properly disciplined, and do unspeakable things to them!
:eek::sneaky:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
This Cthulhu madness has to stop!! I'm about *this* close to dispatching a phalanx of Pastafarian Ninja-Pirates to restrain and dominate Cthulhu with extreme prejudice, capture Cthulhu's minions so that they can be properly disciplined, and do unspeakable things to them!
:eek::sneaky:
Cthulhu says no tips unless the sushi is in a Bento :p;)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0380.jpg

Version 0.3.8.0 - development news (updated 22 of April 2023)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.8.0).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.7.0.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.7.0 to 0.3.8.0 has:
332 additional renders, videos or sound files
8 new backgrounds for the phone
434 updated renders

New features and content
  • Ivy'workout pullups scene will be remade using her new model --> still working on it
  • Faye's and Aly's breasts compare event at the beach gets re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images are added --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Delizia gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Delizia gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Aly's posing scene in Jennifer's swimsuit has been AI upgraded --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Amy's posing scene images in her blue lingerie has been AI upgraded --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Aly gets a remake to her poker appointment with very much improved dialogue and a lot of new images --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Almost all of Aly's sprites have been remade in high resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Ivy gets an improved weight lifting scene with her new self that has 4 achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Alice gets a posing scene as a poker reward --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Alice gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Desire's poker lapdance reward has been AI upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Amy gets a new event at the beach bar with two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Yvette gets an update to her beach walk scene --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Deliza gets an update to her beach walk scene --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Faye gets a new pool sunbed scene with several additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Faye gets a re-rendered arrival event with a lot of additional images --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Brenda gets a re-rendered room service event with a lot of additional images and two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • All sexting images that were still in jpg format have been re-rendered or AI upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Brenda gets a re-rendered arrival event with a lot of additional images and two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's reward appointment where she's wearing a black dress gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revision --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • The phone gets a new app to display an overview of all trophies and girls --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's poker lapdance scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revision --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Heather's erotic massage scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revision --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's elevator scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revision --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The ren'Py engine will be upgraded from 7.4.4 (which was unfortunately a buggy release) to the current 7.5.3. Hopefully this solves more problems and doesn't create new ones. --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • The .rpyc file have been reorganized helping with faster development and making it easier to find stuff in the future. --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • A couple of new phone backgrounds, phone character pictures and sextings for different girls have been added --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • A couple of new love, friendship and sexual messages have been added --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Some basic location and event renders have been AI upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Amy gets new pool jump in and pool exit renders in 2560x1440 resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
Bug fixes
  • Wrong image links in some achievements resulting in the display of one or more black images --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
  • The icon to add images to your favorites has disappeared --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
  • Heather's sun lotion event could trigger even though she wasn't wearing her skimpy bikini --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.8.0 --> No
Estimated release dates:

0.3.8.0 --> No idea yet

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
almost all of the "new content" seems to actually be "updated content"
Approximately 3 weeks ago this was addressed and explained why the update (initially labeled v.0.3.7.2) was changed to v.0.3.8.0. Images have changed all over the place and creating an update package would be a mess. There are still over 2,000 jpg images and unfortunately a large number of the very bad ones are with the high tier girls. The developer hopes to convert them over time, but it will take several releases. Also mentioned, was that the majority of new content, won't be until v.0.3.9.0 or v.0.4.0.0. All subject to change at the developer's discretion.

May 22, 2020
Approximately 3 weeks ago this was addressed and explained why the update (initially labeled v.0.3.7.2) was changed to v.0.3.8.0. Images have changed all over the place and creating an update package would be a mess. There are still over 2,000 jpg images and unfortunately a large number of the very bad ones are with the high tier girls. The developer hopes to convert them over time, but it will take several releases. Also mentioned, was that the majority of new content, won't be until v.0.3.9.0 or v.0.4.0.0. All subject to change at the developer's discretion.
which is fine, but calling it "new content" in the changelog is inaccurate

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
which is fine, but calling it "new content" in the changelog is inaccurate
It is a matter of words. The enhanced/upgraded/reworked images are new in the sense that they weren't there before. If you define "new content" as "completely new scenes" that is not what 3.8.0 is about. Personally I find that a rather restrictive definition of new content.

Reactions: Bantry
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes