darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Caught another angle on the problem related to Faye as doctor and trading 3 EH vials for a blue pill. This time had nothing to do with the decrypt quest but I suspect this problem is what upset the quest. I can ignore this exception and continue so I dumped the log into a notepad file so I could throw it on here. I am being able to get Natasha decrypted in spite of whatever this bug is. This is the first time I have tried this in 1.9.1 and trading vials for blue pills worked in 1.9 so it appears to have been introduced with the new revision(just guessing).

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/loc_doctor.rpy", line 376, in <module>
TypeError: 'tuple' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1009, in script call
���/�������\���?���o���?����0!�7�a�.L
File "game/loc_doctor.rpyc", line 376, in script
S�u��N��eu6^;]��W!B��S�����jxet����]+d�_� 22�Bv�w�.;������N*��G����mLp�+����A�3��_L��6�
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1009, in script call
���/�������\���?���o���?����0!�7�a�.L
File "game/loc_doctor.rpyc", line 376, in script
S�u��N��eu6^;]��W!B��S�����jxet����]+d�_� 22�Bv�w�.;������N*��G����mLp�+����A�3��_L��6�
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/media/machiaveli/63 GB Thumb Drive2/Prv/anime/Holiday Isle 1.9/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/loc_doctor.rpy", line 376, in <module>
TypeError: 'tuple' object is not callable

Linux-4.15.0-66-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.1
Sun Dec 29 13:00:35 2019

I can't say whether it did succeed in increasing my blue pill inventory or not due to this error because I don't know how many I had before this happened.

addendum: The above happened coming in from a fresh game save. I checked my vial inventory and the 3 EH vials are still there so the trade did not succeed. I can try trading them for something other than the blue pill maybe and see if it is specific to that one task. Nope. Won't trade them for favor either or a green pill. I did'nt try every option in the list but I see a trend here.

Good luck.

On a somewhat related subject, it would be nice to know at any particular time who the doctor, receptionist, masseuse/s and room service girls are in some single, convenient display location. All but the room service girl would "relatively" easy to just put on the location panel when you mouse over the reception desk, doctor's office and massage station. Right now we get no identification doing that. The room service girl doesn't have one designated location so thats a different deal.

I, for one, would also like to know who the heck is banging on my door at various somewhat random hours. Sometimes I am not in the mood to deal with these intrusions if I am in my room. Maybe the girl could announce who she is and why she is at my door in some simple statement so I can decide.
Strange, I'm not getting this error. The sperm sample removal works fine on my system.
It's also nothing new compared to 0.1.9, the code hasn't been changed.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I have put an embarrassing amount of time into this game and have gotten literally not a single error or bug. I don't know what you guys are doing to get these, to me it works flawlessly.
Most bugs have been found and fixed by now. Obvious things, I most likely stumbled upon during my own tests.
Unfortunately no software is ever 100% bug free. That's why I encourage posting bugs and strange behaviour.
Very often I can reproduce the error and fix it directly. But sometimes I cannot, which doesn't mean that there is no bug. It might have to do with pc configuration or exact save game state or whatever. Also general renpy bugs cannot be ruled out completely.

Jashsolo

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys!
I got some kind of issue with the game right now. I'm playing with the latest version of the game and when i'm going to the reception, the options "to send a girl back home" & "make a girl come to island" aren't avaible anymore. Do you guys have any idea how to resolve this issue?
Because i'm stuck in Amy's quest to learn how to do a propre massage. And it looks like i need Renee to teach me. But if i can't have her on the island, i think it might be a blocker :(

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys!
I got some kind of issue with the game right now. I'm playing with the latest version of the game and when i'm going to the reception, the options "to send a girl back home" & "make a girl come to island" aren't avaible anymore. Do you guys have any idea how to resolve this issue?
Because i'm stuck in Amy's quest to learn how to do a propre massage. And it looks like i need Renee to teach me. But if i can't have her on the island, i think it might be a blocker :(

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Without seeing a screenshot of what options are available, we are just guessing. That being said, one has to assume you did not just start a new game, which would mean you have to wait for Joy to visit and give you that power. Do you have enough Favor to afford to send girls home and bring them back? Have you used the mod or console codes excessively? With some more info we can may be able to offer better answers.

HITMAN-CHOST

Mar 17, 2018
so i were playing on 0.15 with no problems but i downloaded the last v of the game and whenever i enter it it stuck on the main page if dont it will stuck when i press load any issues in the game or its just for me ??

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
so i were playing on 0.15 with no problems but i downloaded the last v of the game and whenever i enter it it stuck on the main page if dont it will stuck when i press load any issues in the game or its just for me ??
Define the latest version. Are you trying to run 0.1.9.0 or 0.1.9.1? The correct way to install the latest version is to download and install 0.1.9.0 and then patch to version 0.1.9.1.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
now those files showed up from nowhere . anyone know what those?
From your Traceback report, it looks like you have only downloaded 0.1.9.0 (which had some known issues) and have yet to install the bugfixes and update to 0.1.9.1. Read more here:

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
Strange, I'm not getting this error. The sperm sample removal works fine on my system.
It's also nothing new compared to 0.1.9, the code hasn't been changed.
I brought Aly on board and the EH vials for her implant code worked fine, same week, same doc Faye, actually the same 3 vials that went wonky with Natasha even though the quest completed and I was able to decrypt Natasha. I don't know what it was.

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes