Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
NotZen: "All that droning text! Can I just skip it and you tell me what I missed later?"

Bantry: Breaks the Johnnie Walker bottle over an appropriate piece of wood.
Remember the free Ubuntu Linux and AOL CDs? I want a new round of that but with the Guide

• Sad
Reactions: ZenGarden

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
I think that is a bit off. The general population does not know where this is heading, the story is still evolving. There is sure to be some new pointers for the story when the lab becomes avaialble. But maybe even Darkhound does not know 100% what the future storylines will bring.
That's what I mean. The history of the mystery of the island is there and the game has inspired a whole fanfic with a lot of stories
For me the game is fantastic as it is.
So I wonder if it is so important that the game has a super elaborate story to be a good game as to rate the game with few stars.
I don't know if I'm explaining myself well

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
That's what I mean. The history of the mystery of the island is there and the game has inspired a whole fanfic with a lot of stories
For me the game is fantastic as it is.
So I wonder if it is so important that the game has a super elaborate story to be a good game as to rate the game with few stars.
I don't know if I'm explaining myself well
I think you do. It is like ye olde Dungeon from 50 years ago. You don't need to know where it is leading to enjoy the exploration.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
In this universe, more than just one male is on the Island as a guest,
Yeah, and I noticed that all of you look exactly the same. :rolleyes:
Coincidence? Artistic laziness? I think not.

My headcanon says that Joy's not trying to make a cloning machine: she already did.
Of course she already did. Can you expect anything less coming from that overachieving bitch .. er, beauty, I meant beauty.
Anyway ... you are merely clones of the original MC.

But then you'll ask: It's impossible! How come the girls didn't age a day since the events of the game?
Well, duh! ... that's Joy we're talking about.

ALTIMADRAKKON

Jun 16, 2020
Yeah, and I noticed that all of you look exactly the same. :rolleyes:
Coincidence? Artistic laziness? I think not.

My headcanon says that Joy's not trying to make a cloning machine: she already did.
Of course she already did. Can you expect anything less coming from that overachieving bitch .. er, beauty, I meant beauty.
Anyway ... you are merely clones of the original MC.

But then you'll ask: It's impossible! How come the girls didn't age a day since the events of the game?
Well, duh! ... that's Joy we're talking about.
You don't even know how accurate you are especially that second last line "It's Impossible"
The stuff I've seen on the news a couple of days is destroying originality of MC.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i can't find the list of all save with the search
More than likely, because no such thing exists. This is a sandbox game not a linear game, meaning that a 'complete' save is nothing other than a file with all achievements completed. However, that doesn't mean you can replay all of them. The best you can do with the majority of achievements is look at the pictures.

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
You don't even know how accurate you are especially that second last line "It's Impossible"
The stuff I've seen on the news a couple of days is destroying originality of MC.

Effectively. In all the photos taken on the island with the MC, Joy uses deepfake technology to protect the anonymity of the lottery winner.
In reality, only the girls and Joy know our true identity.

assistmerchant

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all, was hoping to get a bit of assistance. For whatever reason, my computer can't handle some of the higher res animations no matter what trick I try (forcing 720 resolution, ensuring graphics are output through my graphics card vs integrated graphic). For example, I'll always crash at Jennifer's pec training tutorial animation, and Desire's night bar scene, no matter what. Looking at performance in task manager, the GPU spikes to 100% and basically forces a crash of the game.

Attached the Desire traceback as reference as well as the screenshot of the spike.

I'm currently using a pretty modern laptop with Intel 9750 Processor with Nvidia 1660Ti and 32gb memory, so don't believe the hardware is the issue unless there's something wrong with the 1660Ti? Grasping at straws but I did previously play the game on old hardware, but kept and migrated the saves to the new laptop, so maybe that's the issue...?? Old game I think was played on versions before 2.0. Totally just spitballing.

Unless you gents are aware of another solution I should be attempting, thinking maybe I need to do a full uninstall of everything related to the game and all the subfolders, and then reinstall and start from scratch (though hopefully I can keep saves??) If so, wondering besides the folder the game is installed in, where other file path do I need to go in to uninstall things? And if I do need to wipe anything, no worries, I'm sure I can ask for a full save from you fellas :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all! And amazing game, my hands down favourite and can't wait for 3.0!

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
Hi all, was hoping to get a bit of assistance. For whatever reason, my computer can't handle some of the higher res animations no matter what trick I try (forcing 720 resolution, ensuring graphics are output through my graphics card vs integrated graphic). For example, I'll always crash at Jennifer's pec training tutorial animation, and Desire's night bar scene, no matter what. Looking at performance in task manager, the GPU spikes to 100% and basically forces a crash of the game.

Attached the Desire traceback as reference as well as the screenshot of the spike.

I'm currently using a pretty modern laptop with Intel 9750 Processor with Nvidia 1660Ti and 32gb memory, so don't believe the hardware is the issue unless there's something wrong with the 1660Ti? Grasping at straws but I did previously play the game on old hardware, but kept and migrated the saves to the new laptop, so maybe that's the issue...?? Old game I think was played on versions before 2.0. Totally just spitballing.

Unless you gents are aware of another solution I should be attempting, thinking maybe I need to do a full uninstall of everything related to the game and all the subfolders, and then reinstall and start from scratch (though hopefully I can keep saves??) If so, wondering besides the folder the game is installed in, where other file path do I need to go in to uninstall things? And if I do need to wipe anything, no worries, I'm sure I can ask for a full save from you fellas :ROFLMAO:

Windows 10 pc? Fullscreen mode? Control Panel energy savings disabled?

Try to download the WebP codec for windows 10 (easy to google it)
Try to use the onboard graphics
Do you use a compressed version of the game? Try to move the game folder to your desktop

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018

Out of memory
Usually out of memory is GPU, specifically GPU ram.
It'll hit most things in the 1-2GB range since the upgrade to x1440 resolution.

The 32 GB system ram should not factor into it for a dedicated GPU.

Being a laptop it'll be Mobile GTX1660 Ti, but the performance difference is irrelevant for HI and importantly it should still have 6GB in the same manner as the regular one (I use an older desktop GTX 1660 to play games with, so it works)

Unless the software/driver is messing up or your laptop is trying an integrated GPU (despite orders not to do so), you should not have issues.

Flushing renpy memory
There is a command (which I forget right now) which will flush the memory and which can be used through the command interface.

Edit: renpy.free_memory()

Shift + o for interface then that command, try doing it before or while at a place you know you crash.
Not an elegant solution but a thing to try while you find the real issue.

Install and saves
Your saves is located C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
So they are not affected in the least if you delete and then set up a new HI.

I'd probably want to avoid x86 folders for things like Holiday Island, the various protections the newer windows run with can at times make a mess with some games (general observation, not specific to the issue here)

Last edited:

assistmerchant

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

- Yes Windows 10 PC Fullscreen but it crashes whether it's Full or Windowed.
- Tried the WebP codec, didn't work.
- Tried force running through onboard graphics, same crash.
- No Energy Savings settings on.
- Tried the renpy.free_memory() flush, didn't work.

I'll keep trying to muddle around, but appreciate the suggestions :)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
An extreme longshot, but have you considered Windows Gaming Mode? As always make sure you have a complete restore point for your system before making any changes.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes