Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I don't even have a save folder. Like I said I made a fresh install meaning I deleted everything, even my save files and extracted the whole thing again. Still not working.
Attach your traceback.txt file, otherwise we have no idea what is happening.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Im having the same issue and it is not giving a traceback.txt file, it was earlier but I assume that was from just extracting the patch wrong.
It is very difficult to diagnose from many miles away without knowing exactly what was done and seeing exactly what is happening. It may be something like the persistent file; it may be a installation or update error. The Companion Guide gives detailed instructions on how to do both. Also reviewing and following the steps in these two posts may help.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-6495309

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-6498305

wercus24

Mar 28, 2018
It is very difficult to diagnose from many miles away without knowing exactly what was done and seeing exactly what is happening. It may be something like the persistent file; it may be a installation or update error. The Companion Guide gives detailed instructions on how to do both. Also reviewing and following the steps in these two posts may help.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-6495309

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-6498305
Yeah idk man, I appreciate the help but I'm working from just doing a fresh reinstall of the game with no old files from previous versions and when I try and launch it nothing happens, I've tried it with/without the 301 patch or the companion mod and nothing launches and comes up in the folder about a traceback.txt just a normal log.txt

Lust Demon

Apr 22, 2018
The Heather/Jessica scenes aren't working for me. I searched with 50 pages of results. Love/affection/favor/lust all maxed. Even sent Jessica off for a clothes change to skimpy (changed it back to bikini first) to wait 30 min before she showed up. Tried each several times to see if it was chance based. No dice. What in blue Hell is the actual trigger? Does the RNG just hate me, or am I doing/not doing something wrong.

petesimp

Apr 2, 2019
Can someone help me get this game to run again on my mac. I got it working before but now when I try to boot up the game it says "HolidayIsland quit unexpectedly." I can then either reopen or ignore. When I try to reopen it I get a new message saying "The file can’t be found." I've tried redownloading the game and restarting my computer several times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Love the game.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
The Heather/Jessica scenes aren't working for me. I searched with 50 pages of results. Love/affection/favor/lust all maxed. Even sent Jessica off for a clothes change to skimpy (changed it back to bikini first) to wait 30 min before she showed up. Tried each several times to see if it was chance based. No dice. What in blue Hell is the actual trigger? Does the RNG just hate me, or am I doing/not doing something wrong.
Page 105 of the Companion Guide.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I don't even have a save folder. Like I said I made a fresh install meaning I deleted everything, even my save files and extracted the whole thing again. Still not working.
Im having the same issue and it is not giving a traceback.txt file, it was earlier but I assume that was from just extracting the patch wrong.
I would say that this is the Persistent file problem.
It is not just stored in your game folder, it's also stored in Windows AppData folder along with saves.
This makes updates simpler as your save files and the Persistent file is stored outside the game folder.

The first thing is to make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date.
If it still is happening try this...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah idk man, I appreciate the help but I'm working from just doing a fresh reinstall of the game with no old files from previous versions and when I try and launch it nothing happens, I've tried it with/without the 301 patch or the companion mod and nothing launches and comes up in the folder about a traceback.txt just a normal log.txt
Okay, let's start with the basics.

1. What type of system? Do you have enough resources to run the game?
  2. Full or Compressed version?
  3. Where did you download the game? Developer's Patreon page. F95Zone. Somewhere else?
  4. Have you tried downloading and reading the Companion Guide, specifically pages 9 - 11 where installation, resolution and other useful information about possible errors that might be received are covered?
That will maybe shed some light on something.

Reactions: MarsUltor

Arxidamos

May 23, 2019
How do u increase the max affection of Amy (which was my starting girl)?? i cant seem to get passed 35 while there is a quest that says u need to reach 100...

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
There is something about company favor that I noticed only now and that I was unable to find an explanation for (thread search, guide).
At the end of the week, when time switches from Sunday to Monday, my company favor seems to magically increase. Sunday, 23:30, I had 299 CF. I then passed time in my room and I got the "weekly summary" when midnight arrived 30 minutes later. My CF then showed a change of 89 and I had 388 CF in my pocket. Seemingly without doing anything. The title of the weekly summary states "Weekly summary and end of week bonuses".
So I got a bonus? What for and how does that work? I did the Alice photo shoot that week. Anything to do with that?

A week later my CFs increased from 425 to 500 when Monday, 00:00, arrived. With a change of 149 CF? So I assume the change was 149 but got capped off at 500? Should it then not show a change of 75 CF? The weekly difference would still be 112 CF and different from the 149 that is shown. I did the Jessica photo shoot that week. Did I get a bonus for that?
You get a bonus each week for interacting with the girls.
The difference that is shown is the weekly bonus. So it has nothing to do with how the value was at teh beginning of teh week and how much you gained my donating sperm samples, etc.
I have to check why the cap of 500 isn't considered when the change is displayed.

Reactions: BDMick and Bantry

wercus24

Mar 28, 2018
Okay, let's start with the basics.

1. What type of system? Do you have enough resources to run the game?
  2. Full or Compressed version?
  3. Where did you download the game? Developer's Patreon page. F95Zone. Somewhere else?
  4. Have you tried downloading and reading the Companion Guide, specifically pages 9 - 11 where installation, resolution and other useful information about possible errors that might be received are covered?
That will maybe shed some light on something.
1. Windows 10, and I've run the game before it stopped working because I used console command too much I suppose, it started giving me errors in game and then wouldn't launch so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it
2. Full
3. F95zone
4. I have followed it but in the picture of all the files he doesnt have a -32.exe in there. I have both, I try launching the normal .exe, does having both in the file cause any conflicts?

petesimp

Apr 2, 2019
Can someone help me get this game to run again on my mac. I got it working before but now when I try to boot up the game it says "HolidayIsland quit unexpectedly." I can then either reopen or ignore. When I try to reopen it I get a new message saying "The file can’t be found." I've tried redownloading the game and restarting my computer several times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Love the game.
Still having the same issue. Does anyone know where to find persistent files on the Mac version? I can't seem to find any "Save" or "AppData" folders

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
1. Windows 10, and I've run the game before it stopped working because I used console command too much I suppose, it started giving me errors in game and then wouldn't launch so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it
2. Full
3. F95zone
4. I have followed it but in the picture of all the files he doesnt have a -32.exe in there. I have both, I try launching the normal .exe, does having both in the file cause any conflicts?
No, the -32 shouldn't come into play at all and you're correct to use the normal -exe one. It's a longshot, but try doing a fresh download from the developer's Patreon page. Then do another fresh install after deleting your current install. Make sure you save your 'Saves' somewhere separately. Also download them from the AppData folder under 'User'. You want an absolutely clean and fresh install.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
2. Full
3. F95zone
It's the persistant files issue. Do as SiJa said in his reply to first time you posted.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes