BillytheGreat

Oct 23, 2019
I noticed a weird bug, rainy days prevent some appointments to be written. For instance I received at 7 am 2 mails, 1 from reception ( rainy morning) and one from Sara to meet MC at the doctor's office at 14:00. I accepted the appointment but when I checked the calendar nothing was written and the meeting was impossible to happen. Used the autosave to restart the day, this time only the mail from Sara ( no rainy day) and it was correctly noted , everything went ok. Two days later ( in a day with rainy afternoon) I received a mail from Joy around 13:00 to meet her in the evening at 23:00 to play poker. Again , I accepted the meeting but nothing noted in the appointments agenda. After restarting this day from autosave , no rain, I could accept and note the poker meeting.

Sep 24, 2020
Please help me.
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 11, in set
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
You really need to use search and also look back in the pages to find if others have had a similar problem and found a solution.
This is posted many times before...
It's the persistent file that is stored in your save game folder, which I can bet you copied over from your last game version.

To fix it...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder... (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
I am not trolling, being an ass, or trying to let people be lazy, but if this is an ongoing error/issue, maybe it can be added to the main page under developer notes... This way people may be able to find the solution quicker, and not ask every other thread page. Just a suggestion. No one obviously has to heed it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MarsUltor

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Okay, finally completed the update. It drives me a bit nuts when I need to just pass entire weeks without really doing anything to try to trigger events, but I do it anyway. :p

Really liking Sara the more we see of her. There was a long build up to being able to have sex with Jennifer. I suspect it'll be similar for Yumiko (much further along in her time in the game than Sara) and Sara (but much more exposition so far than for Yumiko). Really like both of these special characters in the game. I hope they continue to consistently get more content, as Jennifer did for a while. I like them way better than Mercedes and Miriam (who are fine; just not my cups of tea). I'd think the next step for Sara is probably a poker invite...? Seems to be the logical progression with most characters who have not much content.

I've said it before; I have a thing for characters who, coincidentally, tend to not be as popular. Still patiently waiting for more Lacey content. :( Thankfully Delizia eventually got a full sex scene. Hoping Lacey does at some point in the future.

Stoshio

May 30, 2021
darkhound1

Thanks for the fixes for the problems I had. :)
Natasha night visit problem had to be random. I got it again with no problems.
Really appreciate all the hard work you put into this great game. *big thumbs up*

Heh. Gave Sara the good news about the bar on Friday afternoon.
Thought I might see her that night.
Alas, no. Finally get to have more fun with the other girls for a week. :)

lpfan422

Nov 26, 2020
Hmmm.... With Sara, I've met her at the bar 3-4 times now and even when I "hold her hand," which I've done every time, I am not getting that achievement for having done so... which I assume is necessary to advance to the next part of this storyline with her taking some supplement.
Same, I'm not sure what else I need to do here.

2Freeright

Oct 18, 2019
Depending on your security settings on your Mac, you may need to go into System Preferences / Security & Privacy and re-authorize Holiday Island to run on your computer. I have to do that whenever I install and try to run an updated version of HI on my Mac. Beyond that, and the other common issue solutions which you say you have tried, I'm not sure what to tell you.
Unfortunately this didn't work either. Maybe it's a memory issue? I'm not too sure. I appreciate the help though!

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Probably because you don't have her subdermal implant.
No, that's not it. I have her subdermal implant. Anyway, I reported it on Patreon but had to post the picture here as you can't do that on Patreon. And if you look closely at the image you see there is a basic inconsistency. The girls present symbol says 5, while the names of only 4 girls are listed.

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Same, I'm not sure what else I need to do here.
Admittedly, I use the Console commands a lot. I couldn't tell what the limits were, but one time I tried maxing out her Love and Affection during the encounter and I got her to do something extra (stick her finger in the whiskey, lick her lips, and kiss me). I am not sure if that was something I would've gotten eventually if I kept doing it over and over, but it seemed like it was technically locked out.
Probably because you don't have her subdermal implant.
I thought you couldn't get the Special Characters' implants?

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Admittedly, I use the Console commands a lot. I couldn't tell what the limits were, but one time I tried maxing out her Love and Affection during the encounter and I got her to do something extra (stick her finger in the whiskey, lick her lips, and kiss me). I am not sure if that was something I would've gotten eventually if I kept doing it over and over, but it seemed like it was technically locked out.

I thought you couldn't get the Special Characters' implants?
I didn't think you could either, but you can input them in the console commands.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
darkhound1 I will apologize if this has been brought up, but I think I found another error in the "Desire Yoga" check in which the MC wakes up at 7 and at 8 Desire is the first and only person there but when asking to do yoga she states that she has already done yoga for the day and yet that was the first time she had been in the gym that day.

PRINCE2126

Jul 13, 2017
the game keeps crashing when im in the lab after i do workout with the doctor and once i get to my room it crashes. this is the error code
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lecron

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
the game keeps crashing when im in the lab after i do workout with the doctor and once i get to my room it crashes. this is the error code
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Have you installed the 'Quick Fix' posted a few pages back or here on the developer's Patreon page?

Reactions: Lecron
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes