TemarionTop

Jul 17, 2017
ok the problem with Ivy pool scene persists, i had an appointment with her at 13:00 (see pic) and only Eva was also at the pool... you cant send her to change clothes because the Ivy scene immediatly triggers when at the pool or going there at 13:00...
so i reloaded the game to 10:00, and tried to make an appointment with Eva for the beach at 13:00 so that Ivy is alone at the pool, but that was also not possible, she offered me every full hour until the evening (in 1 hour, 2 hours, 4, 5, 6 and so on, but NOT in 3 hours)...
and even "relocating" her with the companion mod to the beach or anywhere else at 13:00 does not work...
any other ideas? maybe someone has the console code for that scene? because i dont want to trust my luck for future pool appointments with Ivy...
View attachment 2032182
Send Eva away from the island would work? For the Ivy topless scene i used the companion mod to change her swimsuit to the skimpy one, even though in all her other scenes she wore it, for this one she had the normal one.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Been a while since I checked into the game... 2018/2019? (ish)
Games progressed quite a bit in general development, the new Ivy renders just look fine with the game mechanics having been been fine-tuned from what I remember...
The only complaint I have is that it doesn't seem have a lot more content then what I remember?
(After a quick playthrough looking at Ivy's new renders and what's changed. I manually extracted the files and there wasn't a lot of new content)

Any who I guess I'll check back in a few years, maybe all the refactors will be done and the content will flush. Maybe I can buy a steam release or something, ha.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Rabbit Season

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior366

AlecVentrue

Jun 7, 2020
Hey what is this, playing Hot Shots against Aly, Why the Girls get it so easy to win and we as Player look beside her like a Looser. Wtf this is unfair!

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Hey what is this, playing Hot Shots against Aly, Why the Girls get it so easy to win and we as Player look beside her like a Looser. Wtf this is unfair!
Hot Shots is challenging and isn't easy to win; it isn't intended to be. But, if you want to tilt the game in your favor and aren't opposed to a little cheating, you can enter a console code to start the girl off with some Hot Shots points right from the beginning (I usually do 35 or 40 when I do this), and you should save just before Yumiko spins the wheel. If the wheel lands on anything other than Hard Question or Soft Question, then reload your save and try again (you mostly want Hard Questions). This, along with a little bit of strategy regarding stripping versus taking shots, should give you a very good chance of winning... or at least, it has for me... YMMV

Reactions: AlecVentrue

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Not sure what game you're checking mate but darkhound1 has added what can only be described as an OVERWHELMING FUCKTON OF CONTENT since 2018-19.
I compared version 2.0 which has 1.168 gb archive file vs 1.68gb or was it 1.8gb? (I deleted it already to clear drive space). I skimmed over all the video files (regardless of their file type) and over the images. Admittedly I didn't check all the images so perhaps he's stopped using videos to show animations and/or heavily focused content on certain characters which I didn't check. (I checked Ivy, Aly, Nat, Joy, Faye and Jessica).

Or maybe he instead did a lot of re-rendering since 2019 and I didn't notice the difference when checking thumbnails. (Btw re-rendering ain't bad in my opinion if he's making them all like Ivy in quality) But that's my honest opinion that there wasn't a lot of new content other then the mechanics. I'm just likely just spoiled by the creators I subscribe to who pump out content.
/shrug Please don't take this negatively, it's just what I perceive and I ain't against what darkhound has done. Peace.

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I compared version 2.0 which has 1.168 gb archive file vs 1.68gb or was it 1.8gb? (I deleted it already to clear drive space). I skimmed over all the video files (regardless of their file type) and over the images. Admittedly I didn't check all the images so perhaps he's stopped using videos to show animations and/or heavily focused content on certain characters which I didn't check. (I checked Ivy, Aly, Nat, Joy, Faye and Jessica).

Or maybe he instead did a lot of re-rendering since 2019 and I didn't notice the difference when checking thumbnails. (Btw re-rendering ain't bad in my opinion if he's making them all like Ivy in quality) But that's my honest opinion that there wasn't a lot of new content other then the mechanics. I'm just likely just spoiled by the creators I subscribe to who pump out content.
/shrug Please don't take this negatively, it's just what I perceive and I ain't against what darkhound has done. Peace.
A lot of the images in the game have been converted from jpg and png formats to webp, which results in both higher quality images and considerably smaller file sizes. Consequently, comparing overall game file sizes from the past vs present isn't really a valid apples-to-apples comparison.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Since that what MarsUltor suggested is to complicated for my "old perverted brain" what i do I use the quick save function, before difficult chalenges like Hangman, Hard question, etc. so I can roll back and win if necesary, also I make sure that I start with a high girl lust value, I let the girls strip me because it raises the Hotness factor, as well I try to let them drink a good amount (not to much or you end blue balled and the girl inconcious)

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018

It is always tricky with sandboxes, they tend to swallow content and hide it away until found.

This is particularly so when there are many entities to spread it over (here that would be girls, the cummulative impact is the same, but it dilutes the individual impact)

That aside, since v2.0 (nov 2019) this was added or changed
  • 4.846 new renders and videos
    • about ~45% of the game's effective content (filtering out the basic character and other simple render type)
  • 729 updated scenes/event renders
    • These usually also change the scene, writing or outfits in some way
  • Some thousands of updated renders
    • Same renders but higher resolutions and/or newer lossless formats)
To which comes new girls, updates of most older girls and remakes (Ivy/Lacey)
Obviously thats a mountain of stuff, keeping a decent pace with most other usual "here is a ton of renders" suspects.

So this is a fun example of perceptions, and how Sandbox and other styles affect said perceptions.

A Sandbox will work on the cummulative impact over entities and time (due to mechanics and spread out nature) where a more VN or mix style game will in your face dump it on the front porch (simpler structure that leads to easy consumption or actually on rails through it).

(calculations took 3 mins, Darkhound posts the numbers in the development news and they are all filtered for easy search, besides I was curious about the difference anyho)

Last edited:

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
A lot of the images in the game have been converted from jpg and png formats to webp, which results in both higher quality images and considerably smaller file sizes. Consequently, comparing overall game file sizes from the past vs present isn't really a valid apples-to-apples comparison.
It is always tricky with sandboxes, they tend to swallow content and hide it away until found.

This is particularly so when there are many entities to spread it over (here that would be girls, the cummulative impact is the same, but it dilutes the individual impact)

That aside, since v2.0 (nov 2019) this was added or changed
  • 4.846 new renders and videos
    • about ~45% of the game's effective content (filtering out the basic character and other simple render type)
  • 729 updated scenes/event renders
    • These usually also change the scene, writing or outfits in some way
  • Some thousands of updated renders
    • Same renders but higher resolutions and/or newer lossless formats)
To which comes new girls, updates of most older girls and remakes (Ivy/Lacey)
Obviously thats a mountain of stuff, keeping a decent pace with most other usual "here is a ton of renders" suspects.

So this is a fun example of perceptions, and how Sandbox and other styles affect said perceptions.

A Sandbox will work on the cumulative impact over entities and time (due to mechanics and spread out nature) where a more VN or mix style game will in your face dump it on the front porch (simpler structure that leads to easy consumption or actually on rails through it).

(calculations took 3 mins, Darkhound posts the numbers in the development news and they are all filtered for easy search, besides I was curious about the difference anyho)
Hey some reasonable posts, explaining things I didn't notice/know in a logical manner. Thanks for the nice summary and keep on trucking.
But I think I won't likely post here in this thread anymore, my mild post upset the hornet nest of angry fanboys.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Hey some reasonable posts, explaining things I didn't notice/know in a logical manner. Thanks for the nice summary and keep on trucking.
But I think I won't likely post here in this thread anymore, my mild post upset the hornet nest of angry fanboys.
Welcome,

As for the rest, we've just had the release period and it tends to get a bit "trolly" in the chaos, so it would be somewhat reasonable for the regulars to assume you were a late comer to that particular party.

A "funky" timing thing mostly.

All clear and nice now though, and besides it led to a bit of overviews and thoughts, so that's fine too.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes