notengomail

Nov 5, 2018
Some contest images cannot be used for room pictures, the icon is not displayed. Is this on purpose? Congratulations on such a wonderful game!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Would be a perfect christmas gift!
If intended as a legacy content release that could be viable. Which is to say a release that primarily enhances the existing gameplay / girls and fills in gaps in preparation to move onwards.

Ivy would likely need to pull the main load as as her remake completion would be the primary new content delivered, the rest being enhancements of existing.

Potentially with a staff conversion or girl completion, ex one of the following,

- Renee (staff, then move her to completed status)
- Natasha (preparation for moving her from active to completed status)
- Second remake completion (Lacey)

As the 3rd slot in the release banner (it'd need to be dimensioned to about 2 weeks of work, since ongoing + testing also takes time)

A classic release would on the other hand be unlikely to make it before Christmas as it would assign the 3rd slot to a major content drop (ex. lab) and some girl featured content (usually a quest part or story bit).

Which historically takes a fair deal of time (unless Darkhound has something partially ready stored)

A mixed approach that gave the 3rd slot to a limited 2 week project amongst the to-do tasks could potentially be just about viable, say Mia in Lab or existing Quest.

Note. Idle analysis and release crafting.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Okay, a nice Weekend awaiting, and listening to "Volksmusik" (traditional music) from the HI Mountains, while I play a bit of Holiday Island
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Love
Reactions: junior366

SarethEldair

Feb 26, 2021
Hey guys, so the game was working fine until about a week ago. I was using ver 3.5.1., and I tried to run it from the .exe without success multiple times. It seems to load (judging from the cursor blue circle) and simply never starts, no black screen, nothing, it just never starts. Same goes for ver 3.6.0... tried both the 32 bit and the other .exe. Previously this never happened, the game never had an installation from what I know, I only extracted the file and clicked the .exe to play...Any ideas? Windows 10 user in case it matters.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys, so the game was working fine until about a week ago. I was using ver 3.5.1., and I tried to run it from the .exe without success multiple times. It seems to load (judging from the cursor blue circle) and simply never starts, no black screen, nothing, it just never starts. Same goes for ver 3.6.0... tried both the 32 bit and the other .exe. Previously this never happened, the game never had an installation from what I know, I only extracted the file and clicked the .exe to play...Any ideas? Windows 10 user in case it matters.
Have you tried the 'Quick Fix' that is posted on the first page of this thread?

Quick Fix.JPG

DerJohannes

May 21, 2018
This Game has been in development for over 5 years, how far is it in regards of completion? i know it has tons of content for most Characters but i am not sure if the Developer has made a statement how much content he actually made, like is it 50% completed or is it less? or maybe more? does anyone know if there is such a statement or how far the game already is in its development?

Galvi

Mar 4, 2018
This Game has been in development for over 5 years, how far is it in regards of completion? i know it has tons of content for most Characters but i am not sure if the Developer has made a statement how much content he actually made, like is it 50% completed or is it less? or maybe more? does anyone know if there is such a statement or how far the game already is in its development?
Think of this as if it was Star Citizen: a game in continuous development that adds new features and content for the people to enjoy that, even if the "main story" gets to an end, the game itself will never finish and new content could be added

Reactions: JimmyJazz69

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Think of this as if it was Star Citizen: a game in continuous development that adds new features and content for the people to enjoy that, even if the "main story" gets to an end, the game itself will never finish and new content could be added
By and large yes.

It is a hobby project done for fun which simply happens to source its output (renders) to a game.
The game is just a container that provides a format and an environment for the art.

In a way the actual game is a small "Darkhound universe", in which Holiday Island "the game" happens to dwell.

The "main story" is therefore a spot on example (imo), whether the "main story" of the game has ended is not important to the hobby driving it, As long as the hobby exists renders will be produced and go somewhere "Darkhound"

Last edited:

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I see this game in a Twilight Zone light. The MC gets there believing it will be only for an allotted time. Not knowing that he has been there for months longer, maybe years longer than the contract that he signed. The company is taking care of his life in the normal world. Maybe an installed gorgeous female temp employee is doing his job. He has lost all track of time while chasing the girls and waiting to judge his next contest. Why remove him while the experiment is making him happy? He also has not come upon the graveyard of past MCs........another job that Eduardo the gardener takes care of.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
By and large yes.

It is a hobby project done for fun which simply happens to source its output (renders) to a game.
The game is just a container that provides a format and an environment for the art.

In a way the actual game is a small "Darkhound universe", in which Holiday Island "the game" happens to dwell.

The "main story" is therefore a spot on example (imo), whether the "main story" of the game has ended is not important to the hobby driving it, As long as the hobby exists renders will be produced and go somewhere "Darkhound"
This is an EXTREMELY accurate way to put it, and to me it's both a feature and sort of a bug: a feature because first and foremost, we have a creator doing what he enjoys best at his own pace and according to his own taste, which is always great; sort a bug though (to me at least) because I think that the game would greatly benefit from some focus on a little more structured narrative, gradually becoming less then just a showcase of great renders, and more like an actual story.
With that said, I'm still perfectly happy with the state it exists as right now, I'm just rambling. :)

ManoftheCulture

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, everyone. I need some word of advice. Is it possible to unlock Heather/Jessica beach scene through reloading? I've read the requirements for this scene and I think, I've done everything right. There are Heather/Jess and MC on the beach. I've done their separate walking/posing beach scenes. I chose the right dialogue options. Their stats are max. But I reloaded tons of times, but there was no scene. Is every load random or it's just determined that in this specific moment I got unlucky and I need to meet them on the same conditions but next time?

DerJohannes

May 21, 2018
This is an EXTREMELY accurate way to put it, and to me it's both a feature and sort of a bug: a feature because first and foremost, we have a creator doing what he enjoys best at his own pace and according to his own taste, which is always great; sort a bug though (to me at least) because I think that the game would greatly benefit from some focus on a little more structured narrative, gradually becoming less then just a showcase of great renders, and more like an actual story.
With that said, I'm still perfectly happy with the state it exists as right now, I'm just rambling. :)
Yes thats what i was thinking as well and also why i asked in the first place, i played the game a few times already and i enjoyed it most of the time, its just that i most of the time reach a point where i found most if not all renders and events and then stop playing but im not sure if every update is worth coming back and would love to see something like a story update that introduces new locations and characters and he also hinted at some point that he is working on something on that regard, i just hope it doesnt take that long to have enough content for all characters, my personal wish would be that he "finishes" most characters who have only a few scenes to get them to a point where some characters like Heather are and then introduce new characters but that said im still going to look forward to new updates and hope the game will reach a point we could call finished while the Dev still provides new extras in form of girls, renders and events

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, everyone. I need some word of advice. Is it possible to unlock Heather/Jessica beach scene through reloading? I've read the requirements for this scene and I think, I've done everything right. There are Heather/Jess and MC on the beach. I've done their separate walking/posing beach scenes. I chose the right dialogue options. Their stats are max. But I reloaded tons of times, but there was no scene. Is every load random or it's just determined that in this specific moment I got unlucky and I need to meet them on the same conditions but next time?
You can reload multiple times and often that will get you the results you seek, however as one of the definitions of insanity is to keep repeating the same action(s) and hoping for a different result, you might consider changing some variables. No guarantee it work, especially since I have zero clue as to how the behind scenes 'Flow Logic' occurs, but sometimes the day of the week and time of day matter.

What I mean is, if you have a save on say a Tuesday morning and continue to reload said save hoping for a different result and you never get the result you want, try on a different day at a different time. The stats don't always have to be maxed, you can try stat levels of say 90%. Is Jessica and/or Heather busy with another job? i.e. if Jessica is the maid, she'll never be on the beach until afternoon thus missing any morning occurrence of her and Heather both being available.

To me, Holiday Island is like a giant puzzle and although frustrating at times, the solution is there. Finding it is half the fun, but again that's just my opinion.

ManoftheCulture

Sep 26, 2021
You can reload multiple times and often that will get you the results you seek, however as one of the definitions of insanity is to keep repeating the same action(s) and hoping for a different result, you might consider changing some variables. No guarantee it work, especially since I have zero clue as to how the behind scenes 'Flow Logic' occurs, but sometimes the day of the week and time of day matter.

What I mean is, if you have a save on say a Tuesday morning and continue to reload said save hoping for a different result and you never get the result you want, try on a different day at a different time. The stats don't always have to be maxed, you can try stat levels of say 90%. Is Jessica and/or Heather busy with another job? i.e. if Jessica is the maid, she'll never be on the beach until afternoon thus missing any morning occurrence of her and Heather both being available.

To me, Holiday Island is like a giant puzzle and although frustrating at times, the solution is there. Finding it is half the fun, but again that's just my opinion.
Big thanks for the detailed answer. (y)(y)(y). I'll try another time another day.

Reactions: Bantry
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes