Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

The Price We Pay

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

wolverine73

Jun 4, 2018
A little more info would be helpful. Are they your saves or someone else's? What previous version of the game is the save? All that being said, it looks more like a resolution error, which has been discusses and answered ad nauseum. You probably need to add a blank text file, which was explained just a few posts above yours.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-1-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3560403
I'm having the same problem with crashing (NameError: 'nemod_start_py' is not defined) but i started a new gane and it crashed when i arrive on the island. tried your blank txt file fix but it didnt work ):

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm having the same problem with crashing (NameError: 'nemod_start_py' is not defined) but i started a new gane and it crashed when i arrive on the island. tried your blank txt file fix but it didnt work ):
nemod_start_py is referring to the Companion Mod. Did you install it again after updating? This is covered in the Companion Guide, page 48.

Last edited:

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
Version 0.3.8.0 - development news (updated 3 of April 2023)

Hi guys and gals,​
  • Eva's reward appointment where she's wearing a black dress gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revison --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
Does that black dress come with her accessories? A whip and handcuffs, perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: MarsUltor

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Unless you are not using the currrent version, I don't see how that is possible.

FullOfShit

Sep 2, 2021
how i can get the last 3 action on faye i think its the doctor one but i cant interact with her there
anyone have an idea ?

copit60221

Mar 8, 2022
I recently got to sit down and play through the 3.7.x updates.

I have to say, going in I underestimated just how much of a quality of life improvement the UI changes would be. The utility of the phone and the helpfulness of the unseen-scene tooltips are particularly nice.
The resolution upscaling (new renders or AI-assisted) also look amazing, and have way more impact than I thought they would.

And of course, I love the updated images and additional content (Ivy, Amy, Yvette, Alice), and that Faye was saved from obsolescence. Great work as always, Darkhound! :D

ChewChew92

Dec 11, 2017
I've come back to this game after a while away, and still have the 'can't start problem.' Except, i have no save data to remove, having deleted the game previously. Are there any workarounds so I can get the game to open and enjoy again? Thanks in advance!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I've come back to this game after a while away, and still have the 'can't start problem.' Except, i have no save data to remove, having deleted the game previously. Are there any workarounds so I can get the game to open and enjoy again? Thanks in advance!
Ren'py saves info in two places, removing the game does not remove the global save (which will be the cause in 9 out of 10 cases, the last usually being hardware limitation issues). See page one and follow all steps for game not starting.

c14693

Mar 28, 2018
After so many attempts to get the "ask about peter" sequence to trigger on an old save (114 in-game days), can only conclude that its bugged. Tried everything forum searches have suggested and followed the guide to the "T" but it won't trigger. Already finished Amy's questline with 100 love/affection too. Also feel I've already done this "peter" questionnaire and talked about it with Amy on beach walk with version 3.5.0 or 3.6.0 but now its marked as not finished with the current 3.7.1 update. I even noticed that one of the "ask random questions" given to Alice, you find out Amy and Alice are stepsisters. Assumed this could have also been a hidden trigger, looped it with seeing Amy+Alice lesbian scene next day and then had a drink with Alice at the bar (no other girls present). No trigger leading up to the "asking about peter," only allowed to "ask random question/compliment" depending on red dress/black dress.

I've given up and started a new game. So far its working as intended following the guide and have not been able to duplicate frustration above. Positive its a bug for old saves. Shame. Lost a lot of unlocked images, did the whole sprained ankle scenario, unlocked the other two scientists, had Amy affection/love quest line finished. Don't want to grind but here goes...again.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0380.jpg

Version 0.3.8.0 - development news (updated 10 of April 2023)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.8.0).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.7.0.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.7.0 to 0.3.8.0 has:
353 additional renders, videos or sound files
7 new backgrounds for the phone
388 updated renders

New features and content
  • Faye's and Aly's breasts compare event at the beach gets re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images are added --> still working on it
  • Delizia gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Aly gets a remake to her poker appointment with very much improved dialogue and a lot of new images --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Almost all of Aly's sprites have been remade in high resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Ivy gets an improved weight lifting scene with her new self that has 4 achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Alice gets a posing scene as a pooker reward --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Alice gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Desire's poker lapdance reward has been AI upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Amy gets a new event at the beach bar with two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Yvette gets an update to her beach walk scene --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Deliza gets an update to her beach walk scene --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Faye gets a new pool sunbed scene with several additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Faye gets a rerendered arrival event with a lot of additional images --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Brenda gets a rerendered room service event with a lot of additional images and two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • All sexting images that were still in jpg format have been rerendered or AI upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Brenda gets a rerendered arrival event with a lot of additional images and two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's reward appointment where she's wearing a black dress gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revison --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • The phone gets a new app to display an overview of all trophies and girls --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's poker lapdance scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revison --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva gets a much improved poker appointment with additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Heather's erotic massage scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revison --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Eva's elevator scene gets an AI image upgrade to 2560x1440 webp format and a text revison --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The ren'Py engine will be upgraded from 7.4.4 (which was unfrotunately a buggy release) to the current 7.5.3. Hopefully this solves more problems and doesn't create new ones. --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • The .rpyc file have been reorganized helping with faster development and making it easier to find stuff in the future. --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • A couple of new phone backgrounds, phone chracater pictures and sextings for different girls have been added --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • A couple of new love, friendship and sexual messages have been added --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Some basic location and event renders have been AI upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
  • Amy gets new pool jump in and pool exit renders in 2560x1440 resolution --> will be part of 0.3.8.0
Bug fixes
  • Wrong image links in some achievements resulting in the display of one or more black images --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
  • The icon to add images to your favoriteshas disappeared --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
  • Heather's sun lotion event could trigger even though she wasn't wearing her skimpy bikini --> will be fixed with 0.3.8.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.8.0 --> No

Estimated release dates:

0.3.8.0 --> No idea yet

Last edited:

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
After so many attempts to get the "ask about peter" sequence to trigger on an old save (114 in-game days), can only conclude that its bugged. Tried everything forum searches have suggested and followed the guide to the "T" but it won't trigger. Already finished Amy's questline with 100 love/affection too. Also feel I've already done this "peter" questionnaire and talked about it with Amy on beach walk with version 3.5.0 or 3.6.0 but now its marked as not finished with the current 3.7.1 update. I even noticed that one of the "ask random questions" given to Alice, you find out Amy and Alice are stepsisters. Assumed this could have also been a hidden trigger, looped it with seeing Amy+Alice lesbian scene next day and then had a drink with Alice at the bar (no other girls present). No trigger leading up to the "asking about peter," only allowed to "ask random question/compliment" depending on red dress/black dress.

I've given up and started a new game. So far its working as intended following the guide and have not been able to duplicate frustration above. Positive its a bug for old saves. Shame. Lost a lot of unlocked images, did the whole sprained ankle scenario, unlocked the other two scientists, had Amy affection/love quest line finished. Don't want to grind but here goes...again.
the same......

Sephyr_86

Dec 15, 2022
maybe a dumb question, new on the game... how do i unlock the "arrival" scene for a girl who i selected as starting girl? (meaning she is already on the island at my arrive)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
maybe a dumb question, new on the game... how do i unlock the "arrival" scene for a girl who i selected as starting girl? (meaning she is already on the island at my arrive)
You'll have to be more specific. Who's arrival scene are you trying to unlock?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes