Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
Just a quick update. I removed an old version of HI from the computer along with some other old files. 3.8 still runs slow but much better than it was before. It seems to get worse the longer I play. Or maybe it is already bad after using computer for other things first. But at least now I can enjoy the new content after playing for day or two in "island time".

Reactions: Bantry

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Just a quick update. I removed an old version of HI from the computer along with some other old files. 3.8 still runs slow but much better than it was before. It seems to get worse the longer I play. Or maybe it is already bad after using computer for other things first. But at least now I can enjoy the new content after playing for day or two in "island time".
I close all apps what I don't want to use inclusive the Internet browser, when that happens. often I end up only with HI as only running Program.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Getting worse the longer you play suggests a memory limitation, which would be the logical outcome of the renders increasing in resolution (as done in the release) for a slightly older system or one with a old GPU with less vram than is typical nowadays (Renpy while making close to no demands on a GPUs performance do eat a fair amount of memory as renders increase in size)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Getting worse the longer you play suggests a memory limitation, which would be the logical outcome of the renders increasing in resolution (as done in the release) for a slightly older system or one with a old GPU with less vram than is typical nowadays (Renpy while making close to no demands on a GPUs performance do eat a fair amount of memory as renders increase in size)
Exactly, I lower the Res on screen as well, (switch to manual overide in RenPy menu) and that works as well it is still slow sometimes especially with the animations take a time to load but it is aceptable

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
It's been awhile since I have played and with the changes to cast, employees, and quests, is it worth it to play the ones with fewer/shorter quests and tasks first and the ones with more tasks/quests later, or mix it up a bit? I don't really have a preference for characters, body size, or shape (they are all attractive) so I don't mind either way, but as a completionist want to get those who have stuff I can do out of the way and go for the long haul with others.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
It's been awhile since I have played and with the changes to cast, employees, and quests, is it worth it to play the ones with fewer/shorter quests and tasks first and the ones with more tasks/quests later, or mix it up a bit? I don't really have a preference for characters, body size, or shape (they are all attractive) so I don't mind either way, but as a completionist want to get those who have stuff I can do out of the way and go for the long haul with others.
Truthfully, there is no wrong way to play the game or a need to do things in a specific order, however there are some achievements that require somethings to happen with other girls to move things along. Then of course there is the time involved as some appointments/events/scenes require a certain amount of time to pass before the quest can continue.

My suggestion is to start a new game with whomever you like and go from there. Following the advice as pointed out in the Companion Guide ...

Holiday Island has a relationship and stats system for you and your ravishing fellow island guests. The quality of your relationships is the key to your progress. The game is constantly updating the parameters for traits such as: love, affection, anger, strength, charm and endurance. There are no wrong choices! The game is designed in a way that you cannot mess it up completely. There is always a way to recover and come back from poor decisions. Initially the game can seem like a bit of a grind as you try to raise your stats and the stats of the women on the island. However, it’s not necessary for any of the scenes or events to have the girls at max stats. The "grind" is something you do yourself. It's not the game doing it or forcing it on you. As the developer explained:​
Dark.png
Just play along and don't start "achievement hunting" until you have seen more than half of the things for a girl already. It's not necessary to do it right from the start. Most of it will just happen as you interact with the girls and play the game.​

Jan 28, 2018
Stupid question for asking this now after playing this game forever now, but what does the splat mean for the scene hints. I know the yellow, red and pink hearts mean affection and love respectively, but I never understood what the splat means.

Need help, thanks.

pAcAz

Jan 31, 2023
I have a question I couldn't find the answer to: How do I get Miriam and Mercedes to send me their sexting messages? Been on this playthrough forever and unlocked almost everything else...
Hello! I'm in the same place. I got Miriam's sexting, but not Mercedes. All her stats are high (anger is really low), but it doesn't trigger. Am I missing something?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Stupid question for asking this now after playing this game forever now, but what does the splat mean for the scene hints. I know the yellow, red and pink hearts mean affection and love respectively, but I never understood what the splat means.

Need help, thanks.
Do you mean the green flower? Green indicates the player stats.

screenshot0001.jpg

-Archon-

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone,

i have a general question, not specifically to v3.8.0

i want to unlock a specific image in jennifers "special actions", but typing the following in the console:

jennifer.add_scene_seen("Special_actions")

just unlocks the achievement itself, but not a specific image...

what do i have to type if i want to unlock f.e. the attached image?

maybe someone knows, thx in advance

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
this question cuts deep. for as long as she has been in game to have so little content :(
She is 9th in content out of 22 girls.
So not particularly disadvantaged for content

Aly's challenge is time, time and being Aly.

Which is to say that she is a very old and very extreme girl (more that Faye actually).
A combination that is,
  • Not that popular anymore (6 years, times change)
  • Hard to work with (particularly her face)
  • Not very effective at what she do (specials exists, not a close contest either)
So she is not getting a lot of mileage out of her rather significant amount of content, her 19th place in popularity (Patreon) is the logical outcome.

So time is her problem, it ran from her, and there is not really any way of fixing that.

Getting her to the end of her quest line in decent style, and call it done, is probably the sensible thing to do.
Plus it would make room for a ultra busty special (the specials don't have one yet).

Disclaimer
Content, rank and performance are facts.
Ultra busty special is a blatant attempt at influencing Darkhound1

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well, you have his ear more than most other folks....let's hope he listens to you!!!
Shins, I have his shins more than most.
Ducks can only reach so high.

Well, except when Yvette help me that is :unsure:
She looks out for me, also Ducks are very snuggable by shortstacks.

"He is staying there until you do promise to get it done"
That was how Ivy got a remake :p

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Shins, I have his shins more than most.

Ducks can only reach so high.
And Quack loses a lot in translation and long distance transport.

Well, except when Yvette help me that is :unsure:
She looks out for me, also Ducks are very snuggable by shortstacks.

"He is staying there until you do promise to get it done"
That was how Ivy got a remake :p
But....big tits!!!! Big tits!!!!

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes