Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
My brain simply refuses to accept monday as the first day of work.
Monday is the 3rd day of the weekend, and that's not negotiable. :mad:
As an old boss of mine (ex-British Army) used to say:
"I don't like to work on Wednesdays, it ruins both weekends."

• Haha
Reactions: djrecuva

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
I've accomplished all of the Deliza achievements (so far), and I wish to send her off the island for another woman. But she's not shown among the people I can send home.

Also, the phone information for Brenda shows she's only been on the island for 6 days. I've been playing this game forever and she's always been on the island. I'd appreciate any help on how to change that number so I can get the anniversary event. Thanks.

Edited to add: Actually, all the characters currently on the island have only been there for 6 days. Did the latest update reset all of that?

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I've accomplished all of the Deliza achievements (so far), and I wish to send her off the island for another woman. But she's not shown among the people I can send home.

Also, the phone information for Brenda shows she's only been on the island for 6 days. I've been playing this game forever and she's always been on the island. I'd appreciate any help on how to change that number so I can get the anniversary event. Thanks.

Edited to add: Actually, all the characters currently on the island have only been there for 6 days. Did the latest update reset all of that?
You have only been playing for 6 days after the last update. The days on island counter didn't exist before that.
And you can't send Delizia off because she is a staff member. The head nurse actually.

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
You have only been playing for 6 days after the last update. The days on island counter didn't exist before that.
And you can't send Delizia off because she is a staff member. The head nurse actually.
Okay, thanks. Re: Deliza. I'm pretty sure I had invited her to the island in the past. But my memory gets foggy over the years of playing this game. Re: Brenda. Man, this is going to be a looooong 44 days to get to her anniversary event unless there's a cheat.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Okay, thanks. Re: Deliza. I'm pretty sure I had invited her to the island in the past. But my memory gets foggy over the years of playing this game. Re: Brenda. Man, this is going to be a looooong 44 days to get to her anniversary event unless there's a cheat.
Your memory is fine, Delizia was converted from resort guest to resort staff.
So it is possible some invited her as a guest and years later meet her as staff.

richyc5

Feb 19, 2020
Getting this error in the bar with Eva, happening in a lot of locations with her but this one stops the game.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 570, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 3157, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 3157, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 3161, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 3163, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 146, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 317, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 317, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 321, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 322, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 351, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 405, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 408, in execute
File "renpy/common/00barvalues.rpy", line 43, in get_adjustment
return ui.adjustment(value=self.value, range=self.range, adjustable=False)
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'cl_character'

Darwin-21.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.4.1.0
Wed Feb 7 16:54:59 2024

Mad_Andy

Jul 22, 2022
I'm not a huge fan of sandbox games but after this one gets going, it's pretty good. The tedious part, is running around, hugging all the girls to get/keep their stats up...lol. I WOULD like some more interaction with Renee', and Lacey...I guess I just love that Daz character from the Royal Candy and the other from Love of magic games. Good Game, and I hope the Dev continues with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsUltor

Khalid Cabrero

Apr 16, 2022
Not liking the recent change to Natasha at the bar.

The strength of this game was the sandbox character, and these forced interactions at the bar are annoying. You don't really have any other options. I have entirely given up on Amy & Yvette and sent them away permanently because I couldn't stand their automated bar interactions anymore. Really spoiled them. Natasha was a favorite character, now she has become annoying too. I'd like the ask to developer to not take the game in that direction further. Forced interactions worsen the game IMO.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior366

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Not liking the recent change to Natasha at the bar.

The strength of this game was the sandbox character, and these forced interactions at the bar are annoying. You don't really have any other options. I have entirely given up on Amy & Yvette and sent them away permanently because I couldn't stand their automated bar interactions anymore. Really spoiled them. Natasha was a favorite character, now she has become annoying too. I'd like the ask to developer to not take the game in that direction further. Forced interactions worsen the game IMO.
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, then all you need to do is open the Companion Mod and reduce the lust a bit for the girls who are prone to "forced interactions", and they will behave like the other girls where you can choose your interactions (drink, poker, poledance, whatever)... you can even bring Amy & Yvette back, if you are so inclined, since you can adjust their lust when they're in the bar and avoid the "forced interactions", again if you are so inclined.

Reactions: UncleBumma

Remo2344

Jan 3, 2020
Anybody have this issue? I purchased the Heather Nurse Costume and it is in my inventory but every time I attempt to gift it to her its not there. Have I missed a step?

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
There are no forced interactions. The girls ask nicely, just say no.
I wholeheartedly agree.

I was just repeating Khalid's less-than-accurate terminology (hence the quotation marks) in the context of responding to him, and my response was just one way to successfully "achievement-hunt" (which is what he seemed to be trying to do) in instances where certain island women immediately begin a dialogue when the player clicks on them and when their lust is at max.

In straightforward organic gameplay (vs. achievement-hunting gameplay) the optimal approach is to play through the dialogue and either answer yes or no. Even with a "no" answer, I believe the small amount of anger stat increase on the woman's part would not have any significant impact on subsequent interactions with the MC, and can easily be addressed via gifts (organically) or the Companion Mod (artificially). Of course, Darkhound should correct me if I'm wrong; I would sincerely welcome it, in the interest of disseminating accurate information.

Khalid Cabrero

Apr 16, 2022
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, then all you need to do is open the Companion Mod and reduce the lust a bit for the girls who are prone to "forced interactions", and they will behave like the other girls where you can choose your interactions (drink, poker, poledance, whatever)... you can even bring Amy & Yvette back, if you are so inclined, since you can adjust their lust when they're in the bar and avoid the "forced interactions", again if you are so inclined.
I'd prefer not to have to resort to external mods.

There are no forced interactions. The girls ask nicely, just say no.
Not without increasing anger and/or having them storm off. With the result that I tend to avoid her (& Amy & Yvette) now. Which is a pity.

I appreciate what you've done - it's a great game. But just thought I'd let you know that at least some of us don't find these recent forced (or automated) interactions an improvement, but rather an annoyance. And kindly ask you to reconsider how they're integrated.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812

bomg

May 16, 2017
Anyone knows how to completely mute the game? I got like five jumpscares from that computer voice

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes