Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Explain why I should delete the roaming/renpy folder. There is no Holiday Island folder with saves in it. I have other renpy game saves in there so I would delete them. I know what as I play those other games renpy will recreate them all but no reason I can see to delete them. BTW renpy.dat didn't work so will redownload the 1.1.1 but if you check my error traceback the version I have is 1.1.1.
Yes I saw that on your traceback. Not sure what renpy.dat does or is supposed to do as I do not believe I have used it. If you have a Renpy folder under your Roaming folder, somewhere in there is a folder with the Holiday Island saves. May be named Island-123456 or something similar, but it is in there. You could always cut that raoming/renply folder and move it somewhere else like another drive if available. You are just trying to remove any and all traces of Holiday Island so you can ensure a clean install.

Personally, I would try unren.bat you can do a search within f95Zone to find it posted several places. Copy it into the Holiday Island folder and run it. You want option (#9) 'Run All of the Above.' That will create a folder under your game folder named Images which has all the GC's for the game. Then you can see if that file I mentioned before is there.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Yes I saw that on your traceback. Not sure what renpy.dat does or is supposed to do as I do not believe I have used it. If you have a Renpy folder under your Roaming folder, somewhere in there is a folder with the Holiday Island saves. May be named Island-123456 or something similar, but it is in there. You could always cut that raoming/renply folder and move it somewhere else like another drive if available. You are just trying to remove any and all traces of Holiday Island so you can ensure a clean install.

Personally, I would try unren.bat you can do a search within f95Zone to find it posted several places. Copy it into the Holiday Island folder and run it. You want option (#9) 'Run All of the Above.' That will create a folder under your game folder named Images which has all the GC's for the game. Then you can see if that file I mentioned before is there.
Alright I found the save folder in the roaming/renpy folder. It's named islandxxxxxxxx. I tried to copy the saves from the game but somehow I screwed up and got an empty folder so I didn't delete the roaming/renpy save backup folder. I d/l 1.0.1 and updated it to 1.1.1. Then I tried playing again with same result. I ran renpy.bat and played again with the same result. So the only thing it can be is that pic didn't come with the 1.1.1 update. So my options are to try to follow the instructions to copy that pic or start over. Problem with either choice is that the exception doesn't prevent me from continuing game play. I might run into other exceptions because of missing pics but should be able to just ignore them. I think I will continue to play and hope that the next update corrects those errors and will be able to use old saves and not cause a game ending error.

Thanks again for the help.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Fixed it. Found the game/images/events folder and was able to put the image from @darkhound1 Patreon post. The other image from the same post is already in there and will hold off on the 2 .rpy files included in that post for now.

Edit: Also replaced the 2 .rpc files so I should be all good now.

Thanks again @Bantry

Reactions: Bantry

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Where is Android version?
gonna highjack your pic @Bantry

type in android there, the item you find is Spearz mod list, incidently he has ported Holiday island latest version, including the cheatmod.

For the following question why it would not be in the OP. Usually the android links in the OP are done by the devs themselves, Darkhound has not ported his own game to android.

Hope it helps

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
ooooooooooooooooh HYPE

Another preview and news for the update to 0.1.2 beta

Hello everyone!
I'm glad to be able to tell you that 0.1.2 beta is almost finished. Just about 10 more renders and some more testing until it should be good for the release. You can expect it to be available tomorrow (22/09/2018).

Thank you for being patient. Due to my 3 weeks on holiday, the period since the last update has been a bit longer than what you're used to. I hope you can enjoy it all the more for it :)

You can read what's new in this post:

Since the update to 0.1.2 beta is almost 200MB now, I've decided to release 01.2 beta as a new full release instead of just an update.

This will bring bug fixed and new addons down to more reasonable sizes again.

Take care,
Darkhound

Reactions: darkhound1

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
1.jpg

Sep 22 at 5:34am
Hello everyone!
I'm glad to be able to tell you that 0.1.2 beta is almost finished. Just about 10 more renders and some more testing until it should be good for the release. You can expect it to be available tomorrow (23/09/2018).

Thank you for being patient. Due to my 3 weeks on holiday, the period since the last update has been a bit longer than what you're used to. I hope you can enjoy it all the more for it :)

Since the update to 0.1.2 beta is almost 200MB now, I've decided to release 01.2 beta as a new full release instead of just an update.

Take care,
Darkhound

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
View attachment 153156

Sep 22 at 5:34am
Hello everyone!
I'm glad to be able to tell you that 0.1.2 beta is almost finished. Just about 10 more renders and some more testing until it should be good for the release. You can expect it to be available tomorrow (22/09/2018).

Take care,
Darkhound
tenor (1).gif

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
Wow that is like 6-7 solid scenes! This game is slowly but surely becoming absolutely amazing, with so much content added on every single update, if the dev continues for a few more months it's going to be ridiculously packed with good stuff!

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
Nice . And wow . He speed is unbelievable . If im not wrong last update was released on August 1 . And after a short time he gonna release a new update. If we not count 3 weeks of holiday so it's look like he just need 4 weeks for new update . Unbelievable

Reactions: Bantry and sam47

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Kind of humorous to hear so many gushing about the update and the amount of content. I don't mean that in a bad way, but like many here I play/follow games from other developers, some that barely get an update out once every 90 days with little new content. @darkhound1 consistently releases updates about once a month and responds with bugfixes almost immediately to any problems he or his testers might have missed prior to the release. Plus it seems there is always 5 - 6 new scenes or events. Occasionally even a new girl or two!

However, the most amazing thing to me is that ...
The update from 0.1.1.1 to 0.1.2.0 has 355 new renders and videos right now!

I don't have an exact count, but that pushes the total count of renders and videos to close to if not over 4,000!!!! @darkhound1 probably knows for sure.

All I can say is, "Well done sir!"

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
A bit annoyed that the new version is coming, I am very close of completing all the content on the current version after a long time, started playing the game at version 0.0.5 or 0.0.4, can't remember, but always abandoned on the middle to play something else, finally got most of the cryptic events, am only missing the yvette one at reception, amy posing at beach (sent her off the island) and some pictures that are pure RNG that I don't really care (Eva never sext me :disappointed:)

on the topic of the sexts, probably would be a good idea to make the pictures not repeat themselves, would make them much easier to get, if you have Amy at the island she will spam you like crazy with repeated nudes, but others like Desire rarely do so, Eva like I said never did sext me

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I bit annoyed that the new version is coming, I am very close of completing all the content on the current version after a long time, started playing the game at version 0.0.5 or 0.0.4, can't remember, but always abandoned on the middle to play something else, finally got most of the cryptic events, am only missing the yvette one at reception, amy posing at beach (sent her off the island) and some pictures that are pure RNG that I don't really care (Eva never sext me :disappointed:)

on the topic of the sexts, probably would be a good idea to make the pictures not repeat themselves, would make them much easier to get, if you have Amy at the island she will spam you like crazy with repeated nudes, but others like Desire rarely do so, Eva like I said never did sext me
I read the update on his public Patreon page and both Eva not texting and the randomness of those texts are known issues and will be fixed in next update.

Reactions: gestved and Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
To each there own, but since 0.1.2.0 is being released as a NEW release I have saved my 'Saves' folder from the 'Game' folder somewhere completely different and pared it down to just 2 saves. My plan is to delete all traces of Holiday Island 01.1.0 and do a completely clean install of 0.1.2.0. Once done I can add my 'Saves' folder back into the new and clean install and hopefully avoid any complications. It has worked very well for me for the last couple new releases. I don't do it for addons or bugfixes and as I said it may not be a route you wish to go. However, I can say I have never had a problem with a new release doing it this way.

Reactions: UncleVT

Yume-Noun

Oct 2, 2017
Remember when I said that I have problems with all the weight lifting scenes? I still have the same problem, I work like 2 months game in the weight lifting, have max strength (I don't know if it is 5 or 10, but I tried on both with the cheat mod and nothing), I'm start thinking that I did something wrong involving this when I worked with Alice and fail doing the strength training with extras... sad.

Welp, I would wait and restart without cheat mod in the incoming new version, if even then I still have the same problem I don't know what to do anymore.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Remember when I said that I have problems with all the weight lifting scenes? I still have the same problem, I work like 2 months game in the weight lifting, have max strength (I don't know if it is 5 or 10, but I tried on both with the cheat mod and nothing), I'm start thinking that I did something wrong involving this when I worked with Alice and fail doing the strength training with extras... sad.

Welp, I would wait and restart without cheat mod in the incoming new version, if even then I still have the same problem I don't know what to do anymore.
It is difficult to offer any advice as your exact problem is unknown. By that I mean you say you fail doing the strength training with extras when working with Alice. I'm guess you haven't triggered the actual scene yet. By that I mean have you entered the gym and found Alice by herself? Not she was standing there or you sent some girls home to make it just you and she. You go to the gym and find Alice by herself trapped under the weights as I recall and then you offer to train with her and eventually if you do everything right you will get the weight training with extras. If you have used the mod to change her strength the scene probably won't trigger. So have you entered the gym and found Alice in that situation yet? If not you'll never get the weight training scene with her. If you have come upon that scene can you provide a detailed, step by step of your actions and what you have tried, said and any responses from Alice or the game in general.

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018

I think i can help you . I got this problem too and i found a way too solved this . This problem happen when you used cheat mod for maxed all stats , even with stats of all the girls
The problem is : your max strength is 10 , and all the girls are 100 . So when you maxed strength they gonna stronger than you 10 times and sure you can't handle their weight lol
Simple way to fix is just use the cheat mod and edit their max strength from 100 to 9 . Now you stronger than them and you can help them lift everything they want

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
It is difficult to offer any advice as your exact problem is unknown. By that I mean you say you fail doing the strength training with extras when working with Alice. I'm guess you haven't triggered the actual scene yet. By that I mean have you entered the gym and found Alice by herself? Not she was standing there or you sent some girls home to make it just you and she. You go to the gym and find Alice by herself trapped under the weights as I recall and then you offer to train with her and eventually if you do everything right you will get the weight training with extras. If you have used the mod to change her strength the scene probably won't trigger. So have you entered the gym and found Alice in that situation yet? If not you'll never get the weight training scene with her. If you have come upon that scene can you provide a detailed, step by step of your actions and what you have tried, said and any responses from Alice or the game in general.
The way I did it was to grind through a few days in the gym until it triggered. Once it triggered Alice will start sending you messages when to meet her back at the gym for further training. I think it's less than 5x though till the quest is done.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Glad I don't use the cheat mod. I think I've used one for one game and it gave too many problems so I don't use them at all now.

Edit: In-game cheats are fine such as the one in MoTH.

Edit 2: HAHAHA. Got the 1st and last word in on this page and the 1st on next page. Just had to say that. lol

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes