partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Thanks for your response but I've done all that. The files were overwritten so the patch (which I downloaded from the OP) appears to have been applied but when I start a new game I get the same error at the same stage. On the plane about to land and when a character schedule for today is being created. Not sure what's going on.
Does it give error report after it crashes? Post Error Report here if you get one. Behind a Spoiler to avoid textwall preferably...

But before that try this: Delete the whole Holiday Island 0.1.3.x -folder which doesn't work. Delete v0.1.3.2 archive. Delete Patches for v0.1.3.3. archive(s) too. Make a new folder for v.1.3.2. Download v0.1.3.2 from Link in OP Install it to that new folder which haven't been used to something before. Run v0.1.3.2. to see it works. Save once. Then download patches for 0.1.3.3. Install v0.1.3.2.-to-v0.1.3.3. -patches. Run Game.Exe again and Load that Save you made to see patches have been installed.

Post Error Report if it still doesn't work...

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Does it give error report after it crashes? Post Error Report here if you get one. Behind a Spoiler to avoid textwall preferably...

But before that try this: Delete the whole Holiday Island 0.1.3.x -folder which doesn't work. Delete v0.1.3.2 archive. Delete Patches for v0.1.3.3. archive(s) too. Make a new folder for v.1.3.2. Download v0.1.3.2 from Link in OP Install it to that new folder which haven't been used to something before. Run v0.1.3.2. to see it works. Save once. Then download patches for 0.1.3.3. Install v0.1.3.2.-to-v0.1.3.3. -patches. Run Game.Exe again and Load that Save you made to see patches have been installed.

Post Error Report if it still doesn't work...
I have very expensive data so downloading it again isn't an option. I used the zip from my previous download after deleting everything. I've done the first steps and have run the game. It works up to the point where the error occurs but because it's still in the preamble, Ie: where I make my personal preferences re the girls, myself etc, there is no option to save yet. I posted an error report on one of my earlier posts but because I don't know how to hide it behind a spoiler, it's a text wall. Sorry.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
I have very expensive data so downloading it again isn't an option. I used the zip from my previous download after deleting everything. I've done the first steps and have run the game. It works up to the point where the error occurs but because it's still in the preamble, Ie: where I make my personal preferences re the girls, myself etc, there is no option to save yet. I posted an error report on one of my earlier posts but because I don't know how to hide it behind a spoiler, it's a text wall. Sorry.
Don't worry about that. It's better get an error report which fills whole screen than not get error report. (It's just the standard error reporting procedure which I always try add.) But there's Edit -button in Post too, you know. Spoiler is option behind next button to right from :), Insert, in Draft window then just copy-paste annoying textwall between [SPOILER ] and [ /SPOILER].
And sending error report straight to Darkhound1 via PM is always a good way, as the Developer of Game knows the best. It's [V] Inbox in upper right corner of F95Zone screen. There just choose 'Start a new conversation'...

Last edited:

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Don't worry about that. It's better get an error report which fills whole screen than not get error report. (It's just the standard error reporting procedure which I always try add.) But there's Edit -button in Post too, you know. Spoiler is option behind next button to right from :), Insert, in Draft window then just copy-paste annoying textwall between [SPOILER ] and [ /SPOILER].
And sending error report straight to Darkhound1 via PM is always a good way, as the Developer of Game knows the best. It's [V] Inbox in upper right corner of F95Zone screen. There just choose 'Start a new conversation'...
Thanks for that info. Hopefully I'll remember it all next time I need to post an error report.
I tried to think outside the box and did the following.
I unzipped and created a new folder, applied the patch and ran the game. I then loaded my last save from the previous version that I had and I'm now able to play. Prior to applying the patch I wasn't able to. A few things look different such as when I talk to a girl, the list of topics come up without the +++ symbols so I have to guess which topic to pick. Not really a drama because I've made the scroll button my friend :) No doubt there will be a few other issues as well but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them.
Again, thanks for your help. Have a great weekend :)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for that info. Hopefully I'll remember it all next time I need to post an error report.
I tried to think outside the box and did the following.
I unzipped and created a new folder, applied the patch and ran the game. I then loaded my last save from the previous version that I had and I'm now able to play. Prior to applying the patch I wasn't able to. A few things look different such as when I talk to a girl, the list of topics come up without the +++ symbols so I have to guess which topic to pick. Not really a drama because I've made the scroll button my friend :) No doubt there will be a few other issues as well but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them.
Again, thanks for your help. Have a great weekend :)
Congratulations on getting back into the game. Just as an FYI, after all the updates you'll need to talk with all the girls again. The first time there will be no +++, but afterwards they will start to appear.

Reactions: junior366

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Congratulations on getting back into the game. Just as an FYI, after all the updates you'll need to talk with all the girls again. The first time there will be no +++, but afterwards they will start to appear.
Thanks for the heads up. Be great to take the guesswork out of it o_O
Appreciate your input :)

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
name girl.rsm[0].name of stat = number
girl = name of the girl w/o capital.

girl.rsm[0].affection_max = 100
girl.rsm[0].affection = 100
girl.rsm[0].love_max = 100
girl.rsm[0].love = 100
girl.rsm[0].favor = 100
girl.rsm[0].anger = 0
girl.lust = 100

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
try as i may i can't find the cheat to speed up hack and its always slow as hell or did i miss that one you know when you start hack and it's at 2% then pop some cheat or console command to make it 99% ?
Did you buy the phone upgrade in the shop ( app shop in your phone ) ?

Reactions: junior366

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
@Darkhound1
Can we return to having the images as jpg? I can convert them to jpg files, but then I have to put them back into their places & that's a lot of work for 174 files. Is there a reason you converted all the files to a format that is hard to manipulate?

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
So long as there's a reason.
I remember now that there was a message about losing resolution when I converted.
Hopefully when Darkhound1 is changing files over, we're getting better images.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Darkhound1 posted a codec some pages back that allows windows and several programs to recognize the webp format.
Works ok for me, my old image reader did not like it one bit before.

Also you'll want to use Darkhound1 not Darkhound. Different persons, one summons the HI creator, the other, not so much :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
So long as there's a reason.
I remember now that there was a message about losing resolution when I converted.
Hopefully when Darkhound is changing files over, we're getting better images.
I'm not converting all (or even most) the old images to webp format. It only makes sense if I did the original renders in at least 1920x1080 or better 2560x1440 like I do it now most of the time. If they are in jpg already, it's too late. I have to redo them from the original png format and do all the post work again too.
I will do so for new scenes. Adding additional images for old scenes will also still be done in jpg format. So you will have a mix of png, jpg and webp files in the game.
Due to the nature of and the display problems with webp format I didn't use it before.
It's also an additional step for me, since for whatever reason, the webp files created by photoshop cannot be previewed in the windows explorer. So I create max quality jpg files and convert them to webp afterwards.

imortalq

Oct 14, 2018
i have this bug in the beginning :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 672, in script
�G����<Oܹ���G@�A�N[�r���Sz{�������!�鱵���nR�+6����0��0�f2�( �k�D[_O煃���5� F�*s�Q�����4'x ���sqN�C��@�}�o�`���yA1F/��yA����J�2<�\� *r-�to���=r|��Tb���T9w����A̦��0�J0�q=m` �b��� �� ��
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Dec 02 06:02:06 2018

Last edited:

Evil Knievel

Aug 6, 2018

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See this post in this thread:

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016

Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Dec 02 06:02:06 2018
Your next to last line says a lot.
Read it carefully. Then read the name of this thread. Look for the difference.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
It's a known bug. It was fixed with 1.3.3. However, it's easy to screw up the update to 1.3.3, and you are still running 1.3.2. Take the patch & copy the game folder from that download and paste it over the existing game folder. Choose to copy and replace for all conflicts. Start the game again. If you see 1.3.2 on the opening page, it didn't take, try again. If you see 1.3.3 on the opening page, congratulations, you have correctly updated to the new update, and you won't have the error when you get off the plane. Try it and good luck.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes