Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I didn't see Joy. Maybe she with her gazillion, bajillion dollars paid @Krull off to remain incognito.
That is NOT a criticism of @Krull. As usual he has done an outstanding job above and beyond anything one could hope for. And in case you missed it, there is a link below his Sig that will enable you to download everything you need to make your own.

Reactions: Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
That is NOT a criticism of @Krull. As usual he has done an outstanding job above and beyond anything one could hope for. And in case you missed it, there is a link below his Sig that will enable you to download everything you need to make your own.
Hmm, i did't see any Joy in the characters folder, but then again with so many girls in there, is possible i missed it,out of curiosity can you post a render with her from that folder.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hmm, i did't see any Joy in the characters folder, but then again with so many girls in there, is possible i missed it,out of curiosity can you post a render with her from that folder.
Joy doesn't have a specific character folder under images. Perhaps because she is the CEO and founder of the island and related things and rarely visits the island. You can find images of her in other folders like game/images/events/joy. There are others under poker, dream, etc. Here is a 'tame' one that I reduced in size to include in this post.

Joy_event_1office2.jpg

Reactions: Krull

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
sexicipeczka i already won her the but and wet t-shirt and i still heve one trophy
You must achieve all the trophies in the same week. Start on Monday to get 'Hugging and Kissing' and the Wednesday's Butt contest, followed by Saturday's Wet T-shirt contest. You then have the rest of Saturday and Sunday to approach her to continue the quest.

Reactions: junior366 and Krull

freezy9956

Aug 24, 2018
i just get some error right after the plane scene ..

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i just get some error right after the plane scene ..

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.
With it being the Holidays and all, would somebody else answer this? I don't want to say something bad about people that can't read or search and get added to Santa's naughty list.

Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Sure why not.

Upgrade to version 1.3.3 from Patreon.
And if does not work, then you have installed it wrong.

Also, you are 20th or so to ask about that error, which was solved 25th of November.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
To make sure you've updated correctly, the starting screen will say Holiday Island with 1.3.3 below. If you don't see that, try again. It can be tricky, good luck!

Reactions: Bantry

freezy9956

Aug 24, 2018
Yeah .. sorry for not reading 363 pages long forum .. maybe if so many ppl got this problem that they "cant read" put it somewhere where they will see it ,, not hide it in small spoiler .. just saying ;)

tho thanks guyz for help .)

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Yeah .. sorry for not reading 363 pages long forum .. maybe if so many ppl got this problem that they "cant read" put it somewhere where they will see it ,, not hide it in small spoiler .. just saying ;)

tho thanks guyz for help .)
We are not asking people to read all 300+ pages. But is it to much to ask for people to read the last one or two, which usually are where you would find current bugs and fixes that would be in the most current versions?

And yeah, the way the current update is set up is bad. Here's a huge mega link, and under that is a small spoiler that links to another download that everyone misses. Kinda can't wait for the next update just so this issue is solved and then we get a different question asked for 15 or so pages.

Reactions: zapallbugs

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
We are not asking people to read all 300+ pages. But is it to much to ask for people to read the last one or two, which usually are where you would find current bugs and fixes that would be in the most current versions?

And yeah, the way the current update is set up is bad. Here's a huge mega link, and under that is a small spoiler that links to another download that everyone misses. Kinda can't wait for the next update just so this issue is solved and then we get a different question asked for 15 or so pages.
The main problem seems to be that lots (most?) people don't follow a coherent plan in case of a software issue. Something like:
1. software problem encountered.
2. go the fix page of the latest version published by the provider. In this case
3. check for the problem you are having. If it is listed as solved in some published version apply that version.
4. if listed as solved in a yet to be published version be patient and wait until that version is published.
5. didn't find your issue in the fix list? Do some searching. In this case it is easy as it is all in this thread. No need to Google for something in China.
6. Still no luck? Ask for help or report to the software provider. For HI it is easy as the dev follows this list and will respond if he spots something he hasn't seen before.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Not even a question of reading any of the 360+ pages of this thread or looking for a spoiler. I'll bet my last dollar that the second to last line of the traceback error report the game itself generated and put on the screen said - Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Which tells you immediately that you are not playing the correct version of the game as the this thread is named Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]

As pointed out by @duckswimming the problem has been known and addressed since way back on 11/25 with repeated postings almost daily as to how to solve the issue. Lastly, a simple search will provide multiple posts with links to the developer's page and instructions on how to do a clean install and/or correct update.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes