partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
True, true. I would have said burn it to a disc, but that raises the whole discussion of what format. DVD, DVDR, Blu-Ray, CD, CDR, etc.
And then you'd tell them too that burning to CD doesn't mean or include actual use of fire...

Reactions: Bantry

TheGR8STNoob

May 21, 2018
I am unable to get past the very very first flight scene where it says something about character schedules. it immediately gives the white screen with all the commands. :/ help?

Reactions: lm1030

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Are u Mad? If u dont know how to solve it than shut ur trap...
No I'm not Mad. Obviously you do not know how to read and comprehend. Much less search for an answer within the thread. So how do you propose to follow simple instructions on how to solve the error?

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
I am unable to get past the very very first flight scene where it says something about character schedules. it immediately gives the white screen with all the commands. :/ help?
Probably same old bug which was fixed long time ago. Try Search: How To Search In F95Zone or Desire Will Be Angry GIF.gif

or wait until Darkhound releases next version.

getting this error???
Possibly, but as it very clearly says, version is 0.13.2. Latest version available here in F95Zone is 0.13.3. So either download it from Darkhound's Patreon page (link in OP) or wait until Darkhound releases new version (today).

and, @Bantry, we need to be supportive and understand that New Members and Members most probably are ignorants, illiterates or idiots until proven to be something else. So let's continue Informing Ignorants, Educating Illiterates and Ridiculing Idiots as we have done so long time already. But the latter one is reserved for those who are not New Members or Members...:devilish:;):D

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
@Bantry, we need to be supportive and understand that New Members and Members most probably are ignorants, illiterates or idiots until proven to be something else. So let's continue Informing Ignorants, Educating Illiterates and Ridiculing Idiots as we have done so long time already. But the latter one is reserved for those who are not New Members or Members...:devilish:;):D
All very true and I bow to your fine display of patience. However, I would still like to know ...
idiots point.png

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
All very true and I bow to your fine display of patience. However, I would still like to know ...
It's acceptable to be idiot, but it's not acceptable show it in public. And it's completely acceptable to point it out. As I have said it before, it's better take them from neck and shake them a bit than let them continue such unwanted behaviour annoying everyone. But shaking have to be made in friendliest possible way. And besides, my patience stops on that level of about 50 Posts. I expect Members of that level to know the basics of information seeking and questions' asking. For some reason I rarely see Well-Known Ignorant Members hanging around here. Annoying Well-Known Idiot Members are then totally different lot, but, well, that's why there's options of [Ignore], [Report] and skip to next page to see if flow of shit have ended. And definition of shit is personal opinion, of course...

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hey, it's 1:25am on 16/01/19 here. Not that I am obsessively checking @darkhound1's Patreon page or anything. Okay, that's not true. I am checking every few minutes. I have zero patience. But in my defense, we get to see Joy in the hot tub on the terrace of the new play room. So you really cannot blame me.

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Hey, it's 1:25am on 16/01/19 here. Not that I am obsessively checking @darkhound1's Patreon page or anything. Okay, that's not true. I am checking every few minutes. I have zero patience. But in my defense, we get to see Joy in the hot tub on the terrace of the new play room. So you really cannot blame me.
Ok, behave now, Bantry! Do you really expect a Developer of this kind of game being awake at 07.45AM +/- 1 Hour? No way, Darkhound need first to scrape away all that dried stuff from last night's "Testing" glueing him to sheets of bed before he can start cleaning the sticky stuff from keyboard and mouse to be able to write something understandable to post stuff to Patreon without getting the mouse pregnant and mental health inquiry from ISP and Patreon...

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

In a few short hours 0.1.4.0 will be released. Now to each their own and this is NOT required, but you might want to consider doing a clean install.

First off, via File Explorer, find the folder where you have Holiday Island 0.1.3.3 installed. Within that folder will be a folder named 'game'. Within that folder will be a folder named 'saves'. Copy that folder and save it some where else where you can find it again. I copy and save mine to another hard drive, but your desktop, a USB stick, A floppy disc, doesn't matter as long as you know where it is and as long as it is separate and you can find it again. Now you can delete the folder Holiday Island 0.1.3.3.

Now using File Explorer again, look on your 'C' drive (usually the main hard drive) and find the folder 'User'. Within that folder will be a folder with your name. Within that folder will be a folder named 'AppData'. This is usually a hidden folder so you might have to turn on Hidden Files/Folders. Google or use Windows Help to learn how to do this if you don't know. Now within the 'AppData' folder will be a folder named 'Roaming' and within that one will be a folder named 'RenPy'. Lastly within "RenPy' will be a folder named 'Island - #########'. Your numbers may be different than mine. Delete that folder.

Congratulations, you are now ready to do a clean install of Holiday Island 0.1.4.0. Follow the install instructions and then copy your 'saves' folder that you originally saved into the 'game' folder of the new install and you are ready to go!
What's the point in deleting the renpy saves folder if you're going to add back in the saves folder from your install location?
Might as well just delete your install location completely and leave the renpy backup where it is. Does the EXACT same thing but doesn't waste any time...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
What's the point in deleting the renpy saves folder if you're going to add back in the saves folder from your install location?
Might as well just delete your install location completely and leave the renpy backup where it is. Does the EXACT same thing but doesn't waste any time...
True, but on very rare occasions there have been issues with the saves from the Renpy folder not loading correctly.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
True, but on very rare occasions there have been issues with the saves from the Renpy folder not loading correctly.
The renpy backup folder and the save folder are identical though. In that case it's just the saves that are borked and you should dump them both.

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

In a few short hours 0.1.4.0 will be released. Now to each their own and this is NOT required, but you might want to consider doing a clean install.

First off, via File Explorer, find the folder where you have Holiday Island 0.1.3.3 installed. Within that folder will be a folder named 'game'. Within that folder will be a folder named 'saves'. Copy that folder and save it some where else where you can find it again. I copy and save mine to another hard drive, but your desktop, a USB stick, A floppy disc, doesn't matter as long as you know where it is and as long as it is separate and you can find it again. Now you can delete the folder Holiday Island 0.1.3.3.

Now using File Explorer again, look on your 'C' drive (usually the main hard drive) and find the folder 'User'. Within that folder will be a folder with your name. Within that folder will be a folder named 'AppData'. This is usually a hidden folder so you might have to turn on Hidden Files/Folders. Google or use Windows Help to learn how to do this if you don't know. Now within the 'AppData' folder will be a folder named 'Roaming' and within that one will be a folder named 'RenPy'. Lastly within "RenPy' will be a folder named 'Island - #########'. Your numbers may be different than mine. Delete that folder.

Congratulations, you are now ready to do a clean install of Holiday Island 0.1.4.0. Follow the install instructions and then copy your 'saves' folder that you originally saved into the 'game' folder of the new install and you are ready to go!
thank you so much Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The renpy backup folder and the save folder are identical though. In that case it's just the saves that are borked and you should dump them both.
Agreed, it wasn't me, but someone else that ran into the problem many versions ago. They hadn't deleted their Renpy folder and for whatever reason they couldn't get their saves to load. Deleting the RenPy folder did the trick, but I don't know why. So now I just tell everyone to delete it.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Agreed, it wasn't me, but someone else that ran into the problem many versions ago. They hadn't deleted their Renpy folder and for whatever reason they couldn't get their saves to load. Deleting the RenPy folder did the trick, but I don't know why. So now I just tell everyone to delete it.
Sure but as I said the two folders are identical...
That other dudes 'game' folder saves wouldn't have loaded either.
What you're essentially telling people to do now is delete a file from one place because you think it might be a problem, but keep an exact copy in another place... lol

It's one or the other other mate, you either clear all saves, including the renpy backup folder, or you just clear the installation folder and keep your saves in the renpy folder. It's absolutely redundant (and extra work) to clear the renpy folder but keep installation saves.

kingthehentai

Jul 8, 2017
First off, have you moused over the missing pics to get the hints? Secondly, if you are asking about the scenes with Amy and her sister Alice in the shower, that is a random event where both girls have to be on the island obviously. It will happen sometime when you go back to your room. Lastly, in the future you might consider asking a specific question like, 'How do I see Amy and Alice in the shower?' versus Amy bath time.
i try to trigger that every night but it rarely happen, should i low other girl lust

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes