jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
A question darkhound1... What does the girl's favor do exactly?
Two things right now. 1. It lets you ask the girl to change clothes even when her affection/love isn't very high.
2. It lets you get the brand new Desire scene at her room. Why you need to "pay" for this scene is beyond me, but that's how it is.

It has been mentioned that there should be a couple of scenes using favor coming, which is why the limit was just upped to 200. If Desire's scene is any indication, it will be you get the girl off then later you can have them do something by paying favor.

Reactions: bryanfran42

Hannibal700

Sep 23, 2018
HI v0.1.7.0 beta + NE Companion addon v.8.3 (for 1.6.2) Android port 468 MB
-New game and save work, reception close up works.
-Backup old saves (/sdcard/Android/data/com.adeii.holiday.island/save), uninstall old 1.6.2 version, install new 1.7.0, restore saves.
thank you very much .

bryanfran42

Aug 12, 2018
Two things right now. 1. It lets you ask the girl to change clothes even when her affection/love isn't very high.
2. It lets you get the brand new Desire scene at her room. Why you need to "pay" for this scene is beyond me, but that's how it is.

It has been mentioned that there should be a couple of scenes using favor coming, which is why the limit was just upped to 200. If Desire's scene is any indication, it will be you get the girl off then later you can have them do something by paying favor.
Thank you.

I hope that it could be expanded to other girls and use it like to have sex when Lust and Love stats are low.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 07/07/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.
The next release is 0.1.7.1 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include new features and bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.7.0 to 0.1.7.1 has 30 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Jessica gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
  • Amy gets one pool distraction event --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • High tech binoculars will be available in the shopping app --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
Bug fixes
  • Locations for girls currently not on the island were still showing on watch and phone --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • Masseuse could be in thw spa before her arrival scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • When reception shift changes on day 1 or 2, error: File "game/script.rpy", line 767, in IndexError: list index out of range could occur --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • After Alice pole dance for you and the end is right when the last call scene starts, you got a crash: "could not find image. (u'scenes/Ivy/Ivy_nightbar_poledance4.jpg')" --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • One of Renee's achievements has disappeared. She Used to have 3 Hot Shots achievements: was an accident, no idea how the line of code got deleted --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • When Aly is the plane girl, other arrival scenes on day 0 or 1 will crash with a missing image (you should be able to use ignore to continue) --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.7.1 beta
--> no idea yet

vicaut

Oct 20, 2017
I have this "out of memory" problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
error: Out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 825, in script call
?-7~����PcU���5c�O�~�<���l�q�ua�<�P �0�h1�GY��P+�E�� ���I���O:�J~�.S(��]��;���_� 4i�A֋ �%�,�1��4�rd����e)��4���W�1�x�(��}�)�'�uE���7�7`��u��-4~��3F�p��d��c�#� �|,�|��z)B4��q�\���4��
File "game/loc_beach.rpyc", line 2131, in script
�z�90�7����� �9��I��[2��3�A���T7z�1�"��K���
?-7~����PcU���5c�O�~�<���l�q�ua�<�P �0�h1�GY��P+�E�� ���I���O:�J~�.S(��]��;���_� 4i�A֋ �%�,�1��4�rd����e)��4���W�1�x�(��}�)�'�uE���7�7`��u��-4~��3F�p��d��c�#� �|,�|��z)B4��q�\���4��
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1609, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 977, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1203, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3308, in interact_core
ev = self.event_wait()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2338, in event_wait
self.check_background_screenshot()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2153, in check_background_screenshot
self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
File "gldraw.pyx", line 1409, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 174, in flip
return copy_surface_unscaled(surf)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 129, in copy_surface
rv = surface_unscaled(surf.get_size(), alpha)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.0
Sun Jul 07 16:43:16 2019

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I have this "out of memory" problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1609, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 977, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1203, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3308, in interact_core
ev = self.event_wait()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2338, in event_wait
self.check_background_screenshot()
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2153, in check_background_screenshot
self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
File "gldraw.pyx", line 1409, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 174, in flip
return copy_surface_unscaled(surf)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 129, in copy_surface
rv = surface_unscaled(surf.get_size(), alpha)
File "D:\Eigene Dateien\gamez\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.0
Sun Jul 07 16:43:16 2019
This problem occurred before in earlier updates (0.1.6.0), from the developer's Patreon page -
Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet
I do not know if a 'Fix' was ever found. There is a chances it might be on your end.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Do you use the compressed version or my original?

Okay, 99.99% sure it's an issue with the compressed version and it doesn't happen with my original upload.
Kinda figured it was going to be that, as the only other time I seen those black boxes was in a compressed version of another game.... sucks as I like compressed versions since I honestly cant see the lose in visual qualities between the two versions... what I can see is the compressed versions usually saving me half the disk space... ohh well... will wait for next version, and hope the compressor gets it right that time LOL.

Gives you more of a chance to get some more content with Renee and Lacey in, hopefully ;)

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I seem to have a bug (?) in the masturbation scene. I don't see it in the bug fix list on Patreon. Sorry if it has been reported before. The MC can only masturbate to Aly. Desire, Eva, Faye and Jessica are also on the island, but don't appear in the masturbation choice list.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I seem to have a bug (?) in the masturbation scene. I don't see it in the bug fix list on Patreon. Sorry if it has been reported before. The MC can only masturbate to Aly. Desire, Eva, Faye and Jessica are also on the island, but don't appear in the masturbation choice list.
I'm guessing you started a new game. It may be that you haven't had enough scenes with the other girls to generate 'Dream' images. In my case I am stuck with Amy until I get more content. There are worse things.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I'm guessing you started a new game. It may be that you haven't had enough scenes with the other girls to generate 'Dream' images. In my case I am stuck with Amy until I get more content. There are worse things.
Correct, new game. You could be right. Maybe darkhound will look into it.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Play poker with the girls, it helps unlocking some dream images.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I don't know if it is a memory leak, I am on day 77 and things have crashed during Hot Shots with Amy. Then when the twins show up, images were not showing up during the meeting dialogue. All I saw was the words with a 1/4 image of the hall and the rest was nothing and then it crashed.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Lots of new faces around

On girls, ideas and what not, as it happens there is currently a collection of that on the patreon site.

I guess some girl votes are getting close too, it is getting near that time of year
So patreon up and pitch in.

Last edited:

Cro

May 10, 2017
From the code I can't see how that is possible without using cheats, since it is checked before the event is triggered.
if l_event_id == 5 and actions_left >= 10 and actions_left <= 19 and jobs.reception.id <> renee.id and renee in list_of_characters:
Do you remember at what time she visited?
sometimes late in the night, after 0:00. Eh, anyway, not important, but this raised an interesting fantasy. Since now we have two "twins", maybe Renee was jealous.

Travis Montana

Aug 25, 2018
HI v0.1.7.0 beta + NE Companion addon v.8.3 (for 1.6.2) Android port 468 MB
-New game and save work, reception close up works.
-Backup old saves (/sdcard/Android/data/com.adeii.holiday.island/save), uninstall old 1.6.2 version, install new 1.7.0, restore saves.
Are you sure it's 0.1.7.0? Because I couldn't find it anywhere (0.1.6.0 too), the last version for Android is 0.1.5.1

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
There are two different ways:

1º U can just scroll up when u loose a hand. If u scroll up enoght to get to the beggining of the hand u will get new cards.

2º U can use your phone (Hack section if im right) and create a cheat deck. With that deck u will be able to see the 5 cards in the middle so it will be much easier to win.

Also u can convine both methods to win even faster.
To enable scrolling up playing poker, you'll need to use this command in the console:
g_cheats_enabled = True

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes