Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
90% or 50% from what or based on what?
If I execute the command, it returns "None" and it does nothing at all. Memory consumption doesn't change at all.
I could execute it in game every time you change location or wait. But I can't verify that it's working or doing anything at all.
Also to be exact, you probably have to type: renpy.free_memory()
Without the () it won't call anything, just display a function.

You can try to use the attached file (works for 0.1.7.0). It will execute:
$ renpy.free_memory()
every time you change location or wait
I will try too and get back to you.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
darkhound1 . Error when I visit Heather at night and she poses. It happens when I follow her in her room.

Another error at the end of Amy's pole dance scene.
Edut : it looks like an already reported bug but with Alice instead of Amy.
  • After Alice pole dance for you and the end is right when the last call scene starts, you got a crash: "could not find image. (u'scenes/Ivy/Ivy_nightbar_poledance4.jpg')" --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
darkhound1 . Error when I visit Heather at night and she poses. It happens when I follow her in her room.
Already in the error list based on Patreon.

When visiting Heather in her room, game crashes with: could not find image. (u'images/locations/loc_girls_room1_door2.webp') --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1

So she will be back with us soon.

Reactions: Monsieur X

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I need help with this Desire scene. How do I unlock it ??
First you have to play with her in the pool ( alone I think ).
Then at night visit her until you have seen all of her nightwear ( 3 I think, one is a purple silk gown ).
When you have done all that, IF she wears the purple silk gown when you visit her at night, the scene unlock.

Reactions: Terryujin

Terryujin

Dec 10, 2017
First you have to play with her in the pool ( alone I think ).
Then at night visit her until you have seen all of her nightwear ( 3 I think, one is a purple silk gown ).
When you have done all that, IF she wears the purple silk gown when you visit her at night, the scene unlock.
Thanks for the information

KKnuck

Jun 5, 2017
Maybe this has been mentioned already, but I have some issues with the poker game. The girls don't seem to undress whenever I win. Sometimes I have to win like 3 times in a row before the first undressing cross comes on, and it just seems really glitched. I had a girl down to her last cross, she beat me once and I had to start from the beginning.

Is the poker game being worked on at all, or is it just my game acting up?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe this has been mentioned already, but I have some issues with the poker game. The girls don't seem to undress whenever I win. Sometimes I have to win like 3 times in a row before the first undressing cross comes on, and it just seems really glitched. I had a girl down to her last cross, she beat me once and I had to start from the beginning.

Is the poker game being worked on at all, or is it just my game acting up?
A girl will lose an article of clothing for every $100 she bets and loses not for every hand she loses. Now without more information it is hard to say what your problem may be. Which girl? Are you playing a full or compressed version of the game? PC or Mac? Are you using console cheats? Trying rollbacks? Without knowing, we and/or the developer can't even guess as to what the problem may be.

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
Game was working fine (well was loading anyway)
If I execute the command, it returns "None" and it does nothing at all. Memory consumption doesn't change at all.
I could execute it in game every time you change location or wait. But I can't verify that it's working or doing anything at all.

$ renpy.free_memory()
Where are you supposed to put this file? I put it in my game folder for the game and then when I went to load teh game back up, got this error every time
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Game_Development\\HolidayIsland/game/script.rpy', 1557006969, 50133) is defined twice, at game/355364_script.rpyc:6 and game/script.rpy:6.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 770, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 447, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 430, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Game_Development\\HolidayIsland/game/script.rpy', 1557006969, 50133) is defined twice, at game/355364_script.rpyc:6 and game/script.rpy:6.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Tue Jul 09 18:54:26 2019

KKnuck

Jun 5, 2017
A girl will lose an article of clothing for every $100 she bets and loses not for every hand she loses. Now without more information it is hard to say what your problem may be. Which girl? Are you playing a full or compressed version of the game? PC or Mac? Are you using console cheats? Trying rollbacks? Without knowing, we and/or the developer can't even guess as to what the problem may be.
Thanks for clarifying. If it's for every $100, then I guess my problem doesn't exist. I was certain it was every hand!

Got one more question regarding the phone 'gallery'. I realised some scenes are not in there, or you can only replay pictures and not the actual animation (such as Alice schoolgirl reward). Is there a plan to add those replays like it's done for Joy?

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
The thing with the lifeguard is if you get the wait around for her option, because she wasn't there, i think you jump half an hour forward waiting for her. So the state your beach was in when you got there isn't what's important. Like the Heather/Jessica thing, it's what it looks like later that matters. Honestly I ogled her every time because you get more affection and lust that way and I still got the whole set.

As for Desire, she needs to be wearing a blueish/purple dress. It sounds like you've seen the right outfit, so did you do her pool scene in that save all the way? You might also need Jessica on the island as she is mentioned in the scene.
Ah, that's a good point re the beach. Hadn't thought of that part.

For the Desire scene, yes, Jessica is on the island. I've tried a bunch again tonight. No dice. Now I can't even get the purplish dress. I had before, but it never did anything other than the other two outfits (just the 360). She always says she's too tired to do anything else.

EDIT: Anyone notice how I post these problems, and then within minutes come back to edit them to say "I got it?" It's uncanny. I JUST got it. What I tried differently was building Desire's lust back up after the pool but before visiting her that night.

Reactions: Bantry

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Ah, that's a good point re the beach. Hadn't thought of that part.

For the Desire scene, yes, Jessica is on the island. I've tried a bunch again tonight. No dice. Now I can't even get the purplish dress. I had before, but it never did anything other than the other two outfits (just the 360). She always says she's too tired to do anything else.

EDIT: Anyone notice how I post these problems, and then within minutes come back to edit them to say "I got it?" It's uncanny. I JUST got it. What I tried differently was building Desire's lust back up after the pool but before visiting her that night.
Never bothered to see if she needed high lust for the scene, though that makes the fact you need to pay favor even weirder for me. She's turned on, just like any of her other scenes where she services the guy. She gets him turned on, then blue balls him if she doesn't owe him anything even though the entire scene happens because she invited you to her room to repay you(so maybe on return visits it would make sense, but not the first time when she invited you). There's nothing about the situation that's different from any other times she's done anything, why do I need to pay goodwill for this one?

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017

$ renpy.free_memory()
This attachment wouldn't work for me. Game would not start. Would crash with error message. Took it out and it started again.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Game was working fine (well was loading anyway)

Where are you supposed to put this file? I put it in my game folder for the game and then when I went to load teh game back up, got this error every time
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
You need to remove the numbers in the file name.
It should be "script.rpyc" not " 355364_script.rpyc"

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Never bothered to see if she needed high lust for the scene, though that makes the fact you need to pay favor even weirder for me. She's turned on, just like any of her other scenes where she services the guy. She gets him turned on, then blue balls him if she doesn't owe him anything even though the entire scene happens because she invited you to her room to repay you(so maybe on return visits it would make sense, but not the first time when she invited you). There's nothing about the situation that's different from any other times she's done anything, why do I need to pay goodwill for this one?
I like to think the bit with the girls' favor and thus it beig increased from 100 to 200 is still a work in progress. In other words how exactly it will be used hasn't been fully determined. I agree with you that in this instane (Desire late night vist) have to 'pay' favor doesn't make a lot of sense. Have to think on it for a bit to see what else we can suggest to use favor to acquire.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
I like to think the bit with the girls' favor and thus it beig increased from 100 to 200 is still a work in progress. In other words how exactly it will be used hasn't been fully determined. I agree with you that in this instane (Desire late night vist) have to 'pay' favor doesn't make a lot of sense. Have to think on it for a bit to see what else we can suggest to use favor to acquire.
To pay Desire seems strange but you also pay with favor for clothes which they return in other ways.
Desire is kinda cheap. Only 20 favor. You get 10 favor for putting on some sunscreen.

I still feel some pity for the player. He gets aroused by hearing a girls hip size? I wonder what would happen if he ever gets his hands on a Victoria Secret catalog. After page 4 he will probably be braindead.

I was wondering.
I didn't have have Aly as planegirl. Am I now stuck with that closed achievement?

Last edited:

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
In my mind, the current concept is fine, it's the actual event that's the problem. Going to their room and bringing up some idea they've given you via another event and then paying favor to get essentially an on demand scene that your character actually asked for sounds like actually returning a favor. So instead of winning poker to ask for a scene our character just brings up something, pays favor to get them in the mood, and they either make an appointment for some special location or just go to the act right then and there. But instead here, Desire not only controls the entire scene but kind of comes across as extorting you or just teasing you at your expense. Hell, the favor she is supposedly returning has her telling you exactly what to do the entire time, while when she's returning it she is yet again in full control.

I have other ideas of course. Using favor for scenes the girls themselves might not want to do without prodding, like Ivy in missionary or blindfold/hands tied play. Or adding to old scenes with the main character going stop, I want to blank instead. My main want is that our character actually asks for something from the girls(beyond the intimate acts), instead of them constantly deciding everything sexual for themselves, at best giving us a few options. I get that our guy has issues being dominant or believing that any of the girls actually want him despite them constantly admitting to that very idea. It's not like they have to say yes every time, hell the favor cost can go up based on their mood(anger+ low endurance + low lust = high favor cost).

I'm ranting at this point. Sorry if I'm coming across as annoying, I just really want scenes that use favor to have a different flavor to them, and not be a normal scene with a random cost gate in the middle.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
My Physical Memory is listed as a percentage on my task manager. When it gets to 95 percent is when the game gives me an "Out of Memory" error. By typing in renpy.free_memory() (Sorry I left out the parentheses in my first post), my Physical Memory drops back down to below 50% as listed by my task manager. My schedule is getting full, and my internet is wonky, but I will load the file and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiac
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes