Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Bantry
Darkhound1 is reserving 2.0 for when the game moves to the next level. This should be a big jump. The 1.x's are for getting all of the basic's done, while 2.0 will start moving the plot forward and have more special scenes.
I guessed that we'd see 2.x this year, but I think that I'm going to be wrong. As my next guess, I'll say 2.x will be out in May.
That said, he isn't that far from 2.x either.
He needs to get Brenda's reception actions, Lacey's sperm congestion, Amy's boat ride, the Wet T-shirt topless poses, visits for all of the girls in lingerie and after shower, gym showering for more girls, and add some gym actions for a few girls so that every girl has pecs, weightlifting and pull-ups.
He also wants to make sure that the Love Quest system works, add Hotshots for more girls, redo the Butt Contest so it is closer to the Wet T-shirt contest, and Pool Play & Sunbed for more girls. After all of that, the plan is to move to 2.x.
However, he could just decide that he's close enough and move to 2.x without making it such a big deal. It's not for me to say since all of this post is just a guess based on darkhound1's Patreon posts.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
For those keeping track of the score for 0.1.9, thats Amy 3 and Darkhound 0.

Round 1: Darkhound slaps Amys butt, She likes it and wants more, Defensive victory
Amy 1 Darkhound 0

Round 2: Amy "bosses" Darkhound around, Strength 6, Amy on top.
Amy 2 Darkhound 0

Round 3: 34H to the face, Darkhound is out cold.
Amy 3 Darkhound 0

Technical KO victory, renamed to "it's Amy's island now".

:)

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Remember guys,
Strive to be PATIENT and appreciative fans.
Darkhound1 is redoing one of the core mechanisms.
This takes time and releasing it before the whole process is complete doesn't help.
Without experiencing the entire system, we can't give any meaningful feedback.

Here's your news:
Beta testing won't be until at least this weekend.
That means we won't see this update until at least Wed.
It'll probably be later than that, but I think it'll be worth it, especially if it includes Natasha's Night Visit.

Asking when it will be out simply delays the process.

AdamEve9

Nov 12, 2019
Daedal, I am only on my first play thru but I have collected erotic games for decades in many forms and genres and this is one of the best I have ever seen. All of the details are well thought out, and balanced, the achievements are intelligent, creative and realistic and the girls stunning beyond words. I have painted, drrawn, sculpted, and in the past decade created in digital form and also in real 3D form, female figures with ample proportions, of beauty and these girls are some of the most beautiful I have seen yet. It is more than worth playing it is worth being treasured.
AdamEve9

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 15. Nov. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.

The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.

The next release is 0.1.9.0 beta which will be a full update!

It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.9.0 has 630 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (65% done)
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 5 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (85% done)
Jennifer gets a second poker play scene in a new outfit (this is part of Amy's max affection level 5 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (30% done)
Amy gets an extended nightbar drink scene in her new dress (animated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an intimate scene in the blue room after arm wrestling with the MC (animated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an arm-wrestling scene with the MC --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an event talking with Jennifer at the night bar --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Image quality of character overlay images especially when playing in higher resolutions has been greatly improved --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The game resolution in window mode can be selected now: 1280x720 or 1600x900 or 1920x1080 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a third private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a second private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a private massage appointment at her room (as part of her max love level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a second private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max affection level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a posing event at the gym as part of her max love level 3 quest --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max love level 3 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Faye gets her hotshots scene that ends with an animation --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets a lapdance poker reward scene --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res poker images and 3 additional images as well --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The right-side UI panel will get a new look, similar to the one on the left. Also the save buttons will be added on the left lower side as well (with auto hide feature) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Brenda gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Gettig the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Minor improvements and changes
Almost all character images have been converted from png to webp format to save space --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Alice gets double resolution base images --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy's fourth evening dress has been added as a new quest item --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Orange rose has been added as a new quest item --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
New UI: The small quick access buttons to the girl on the phone now remember the "page" you used last (achievements, contact, trophies) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All "grope" and "flash breast" images have been converted from png to webp format to save space. Also, the possibility to use up to double resolution images has been added for "grope" and "flash breast" actions. The "grope" and "flash breast" actions at the doctor are now also part of the achievements. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Loading old saves with error "could not find return label..." will no longer crash the game, but will leave the scene instead. It's not a perfect solution, but at least the save game will still be useable. Unfortunately to allow this, some Ren'Py base code had to be changed. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Ren'Py has been updated to the latest version 7.3.5.606 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Heather gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The poker game (for high res webp images) gets shortened sequences when you see her strip to a certain clothing state the second time during a game. There are also some short chat lines when she wins back some clothes. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Renée gets a new dream image from the massage training --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Jessica's "follow me" renders have been upgraded to double resolution webp images --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All regular girls get a "Wet T-shirt" participation appointment --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All "Wet T-shirt" images have been converted from png to webp format (this saves about 50 MB of space) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Balancing changes:
Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts gameplay too much --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first haldf week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Bug fixes

If you played poker against the bar keeper too recently and asked her again, she first accepted, you got send to your room and then she declined. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When Eva wins the Butt or wet Tee shirt contest, she invites the MC to her room, but then at the appointed hour, she instead comes to the MC's room. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When you try to give a gift to Amy in teh restaurant, you get a crash: IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/amy/Amy_night0_base.png --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Mercedes posing scene: Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" - only happens when you started a new game in version 0.1.8.0 or later --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Fixed a crash when you visit Amy's room and she is in her swimwear: could not find image (u'characters/Amy/Amy_swim3_base.png') --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result, you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.9.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.9.0 beta --> no idea yet

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
There will be more than 650 new high res renders added. A lot of them are done in the nightbar. Due to the relative darkness, walls, glass and bottles, render times are very high for these renders.
Let's blame Joy for not adequately lighting the bar room.
She has no regard for safe work environment.

Jennifer, Yumiko or Mercedes' breast bump accidents are up 200%.
(When you see the iceberg(s) coming towards you, too late, just too damn late)

Shame on her.

She could at least have installed cameras and stream it :p

Last edited:

AdamEve9

Nov 12, 2019
Remarkable Transparency and candor..for development. Shows a lot of care being taken thank you for the efforts. I have no interest in Lesbian activities so thanks for the heads up being included. looking forward to the new stuff but no hurry takes time to do the best work.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well done!

I am happy to welcome you to Darkhound's "Should I worry" list.
And oh boy is it a great list to be on!

There you will meet the founding member Bantry, yes the Bantry (I know, I know, overwhelming). Who will share all Delizia pictures (mandatory attendence, same five pictures each time)

I know what you think, awesome, awesome list.
And then there are the prominent visitors, like
  • Duck "Jennifer should have kept her mega melons" Swimming
    • Three spreedsheet for all questions asked, with a bonus spreadsheet for all questions not asked
Trolls mutter about it in their sleep, Moderators ponder its Axioms, Secret societies plot their world domination around it.
It is the home of boob power, the temple of boobness, the stronghold of knockerism.

It is like winning, just with boobs.

:D

Last edited:

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
im curious what the long term plan is? what is the goal he/she is aiming for every update ( 1 scene per character ect ) because i would like to know if i should just check out this game every second update lol.

this game is very good btw

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes