Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I'm trying to add info about fixing the resolution problem to the FAQ.
Here is what I've done, but I never had the problem, so I don't know if this is right. If it isn't give me some feedback on how to correct the answer.

1) Why doesn't my game work? How can you change the resolution? I changed the resolution and now my game is broken, How do I fix it?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Schmalen

Oct 30, 2017
Does anybody know this error and what to do?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0
Mon Dec 16 22:49:22 2019

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "F:\Games XXX\HolidayIsland-0190-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0
Mon Dec 16 22:49:22 2019
Yup, install the update to 1.9.1. See the OP for download links.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

While running game code:
MemoryError:
Chances are your GPU is too weak to handle the high res images (it's out of memory). Just load a save and continue playing. Nothing can be done about it from the game's standpoint. Try not to load any huge pages in your browser while you play, because this will also consume GPU memory.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Chances are your GPU is too weak to handle the high res images (it's out of memory). Just load a save and continue playing. Nothing can be done about it from the game's standpoint. Try not load any huge pages in your browser while you play, because this will also consume GPU memory.
I agree with you. It is also probably a good idea to switch to a lower resolution if possible. Thus the advice to update to 1.9.1 that makes this easier.

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
I'm still getting these with 91 but they don't seem to be causing any other problems. Got the same messages starting in 90 also. I have noticed something that may or may not be related to this. If I'm at oh the beach or gym, sometimes those sounds will follow me back to my room and be overlayed with the normal in my room sounds.

These show up in the terminal window on Linux and I see them when I quit the program. Below is a consecutive stack of this just like they look in the window. I looked at the traceback log and it doesn't show anything. When these occur there is no diagnostic panel that comes up either. Beats me what it is.

[mp3 @ 0x7f2a84004d60] Header missing
[mp3 @ 0x7f2ab801a260] Header missing
[mp3 @ 0x7f2ab001a0a0] Header missing
[mp3 @ 0x7f2a80022a60] Header missing
[mp3 @ 0x7f2a800102e0] Header missing
[mp3 @ 0x7f2ab0044ee0] Header missing

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The guide I'm referring to is a .doc file.
The FAQ is a txt file. There is a section on Hotshots. Within it you will find strategy, cheats and every answer to every question for each girl. You're welcome to convert it to whatever format you like.

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
Joy keep playing card and no more scene

should i reject her?
I tend to reject these systematic repeating events like Joy's poker and all these girls wanting to pose at the pool for no other good reason. If playing more poker with Joy would eventually lead to something I don't know. I played poker with her at least 15 times in 82 and 90 and she never did nothing which is really disappointing. I also reject these show your tits and show your ass shows Jennie runs. This stuff tends to get boring.

I will sometimes accept Amy's invitation if I check and she is a big horny toad since she will get naughty and get herself off. Posing appears to get her motor running. I do the same for Faye's pool invitation if she is also wound up. Can't have the ladies running around horny all the time like the player does. They might get a nasty vagina blockage like the player's semen conjestion.

I'm not done with Yvette yet so I don't know how many of her invitations I need to accept. Otherwise and generally, if I've seen it once, no need to see it again.

Reactions: Bantry

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
I tend to reject these systematic repeating events like Joy's poker and all these girls wanting to pose at the pool for no other good reason. If playing more poker with Joy would eventually lead to something I don't know. I played poker with her at least 15 times in 82 and 90 and she never did nothing which is really disappointing. I also reject these show your tits and show your ass shows Jennie runs. This stuff tends to get boring.

I will sometimes accept Amy's invitation if I check and she is a big horny toad since she will get naughty and get herself off. Posing appears to get her motor running. I do the same for Faye's pool invitation if she is also wound up. Can't have the ladies running around horny all the time like the player does. They might get a nasty vagina blockage like the player's semen conjestion.

I'm not done with Yvette yet so I don't know how many of her invitations I need to accept. Otherwise and generally, if I've seen it once, no need to see it again.
Joy poker is the best way to get legitimate company favor in the game, which is probably why she texts you everyday. So you can actually get some money.

As for accepting invites, generally do every event 1-2 based on achievements and you can safely ignore them after that. There are no unlocks that are not tied to the phone's achievement list in some way.

Reactions: Bantry

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
hey, can you check out my save game. Heather has high lust and Love, but why couldn't finish the erotic massage? View attachment 488960 View attachment 488960 View attachment 488960
Heather's lust, love and affection all have to be high and I'm not sure how high, high is so I try and get them all as high as possible like 90 or more. 2 checks are done. One is done for all 3 when you request the erotic massage. A second check is done of love and lust before she will go to work on you. It looks like those have to do with you presenting her huge tittys with an erection. I don't think she will continue unless she feels your erection under her tits. That means that your own lust needs to be high before you ask for the massage to begin with so that as the scene progresses you will get erect for her. That is what I remember anyway.

As far as all the girls in this game go, I am rather fond of Heather in particular. If you have gone through enough of her scenes you see something that isn't in the other girls. Before she will take you upstairs after the pole dance she asks for a hug and leans her head on your shoulder. On the beach when you have sex after Jessica runs off she confesses that there is no such thing to her as just sex and she thinks she is in love with you. There seems to be more tenderness in her scenes than the others to me. That makes her a bit more special to me as far as the girls go.

On the other hand, every girl I can recall so far demands to be hammered, LOL. Faye wanted to be just about split in half. What is it with these girls?

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
mjlaflare

From the FAQ: Here's everything needed to play Hotshots and more.
Seriously, SPOILERS!
Do not open if you don't want to spoil all of the secrets in Hotshots!

159) How do I play Hotshots? How am I supposed to know the answers to the Personal, Soft, or Hard Questions asked in Hotshots?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes