Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
OK, first off, I know that the questions about the orange dress (and your soft side) have been asked and I have searched the forum. My question is, what initiates this step of the quest. I have the quest hint "You might want to ask Alice". I know that Jennifer is the fashion designer on the island. However, since beating Amy at arm wrestling, she has not mentioned dresses or flowers and talking to Alice (anywhere), Jennifer (gym or bar), and Amy (anywhere) have not led to any mention of flowers or dresses, I feel that I'm missing some trigger event.

Reactions: bogeyparr

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
OK, first off, I know that the questions about the orange dress (and your soft side) have been asked and I have searched the forum. My question is, what initiates this step of the quest. I have the quest hint "You might want to ask Alice". I know that Jennifer is the fashion designer on the island. However, since beating Amy at arm wrestling, she has not mentioned dresses or flowers and talking to Alice (anywhere), Jennifer (gym or bar), and Amy (anywhere) have not led to any mention of flowers or dresses, I feel that I'm missing some trigger event.
You must visit Alice in her room to ask her about Amy. Did you do that ?

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
You must visit Alice in her room to ask her about Amy. Did you do that ?
Hmm... perhaps not. Since Amy seems happy in the story with red roses, other than the quest hint there's nothing to indicate that the MC should even be looking for special roses for Amy. Perhaps DH would like to put in a hint when you give Amy a Red Rose that she would like another color.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hmm... perhaps not. Since Amy seems happy in the story with red roses, other than the quest hint there's nothing to indicate that the MC should even be looking for special roses for Amy. Perhaps DH would like to put in a hint when you give Amy a Red Rose that she would like another color.
I shamelessly fast read the dialogues but I am pretty sure (like 75% sure) there is an exchange between MC and Jennifer about that stuff.
Anyways, visit Alice in her room and talk to her about Amy.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Alice is Amy's step-sister, which we know from Hotshots, walks on the beach, Alice and Amy in the shower together. There might be more clues, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Visiting Alice and asking her about Amy makes sense if you follow the clues, because who else would know more about someone than their sibling, even if it is only a step-sibling?

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
full save ?
Holiday Island is a sandbox game featuring completely non-linear gameplay. A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows the gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. Sandbox games can include structured elements – such as mini-games, tasks, submissions and storylines – that may be ignored by gamers. For this reason, tasks and side missions usually follow a progression, where tasks are unlocked upon successful task completion.

In other words a 'Save' will not help you as many of the scenes/events/appointments do not repeat. You could have a complete save, as you call it, from someone with every achievement fulfilled and you would be limited to just the scenes that are repeatable and miss out on almost half the game.

Use the 'Search' function for this thread and you'll find incremental saves, however do yourself a favor and play the game!

Reactions: partanen

hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
The copper dress and the orange rose are the "soft side" parts of the arm wrestling subquest after the player beats Amy at arm wrestling.

There is a valid point in this though if someone who has never played this program starts off new with 1.9. They would probably start to run Amy's quest right away. You won't know Amy's history with Alice(Amy also tells her whole life story to the player at her pizza dinner in her room) and you also won't know that Jennifer is a talented designer including clothing design. Jennifer also designed the players new room and you wouldn't know those things about Jennifer either.

Reactions: junior366

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Alice is Amy's step-sister, which we know from Hotshots, walks on the beach, Alice and Amy in the shower together. There might be more clues, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Visiting Alice and asking her about Amy makes sense if you follow the clues, because who else would know more about someone than their sibling, even if it is only a step-sibling?
No argument there. However, when the clues tell you to ask X person, asking can come up in dialogue in a room, automatically, when you talk to them about other topics, and may not trigger when you visit a room if "it's a bad time". I'm not dissing Darkhound1. I know him to be a thoughtful and careful designer, but this game can be very touchy about having exactly the right set of circumstances.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The copper dress and the orange rose are the "soft side" parts of the arm wrestling subquest after the player beats Amy at arm wrestling.

There is a valid point in this though if someone who has never played this program starts off new with 1.9. They would probably start to run Amy's quest right away. You won't know Amy's history with Alice(Amy also tells her whole life story to the player at her pizza dinner in her room) and you also won't know that Jennifer is a talented designer including clothing design. Jennifer also designed the players new room and you wouldn't know those things about Jennifer either.
No argument there. However, when the clues tell you to ask X person, asking can come up in dialogue in a room, automatically, when you talk to them about other topics, and may not trigger when you visit a room if "it's a bad time". I'm not dissing Darkhound1. I know him to be a thoughtful and careful designer, but this game can be very touchy about having exactly the right set of circumstances.
I suspect it has something to do with most people begin the game thinking there is linear game play with Holiday island. You know, go from point A to point B to solve an achievement. That and a desire to complete all achievements before moving onto another girl. Nothing wrong with that plan, however as the game has developed and evolved over two years, the achievements for each girl have changed at different paces. But that is why there is a complete list of changes and developments listed on the first page under 'Changelog'.

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
would you tell me how you got amy and jennifer to discuss arm wrestling at the bar? thanks btw other missions have been completed. amy love and affection is at 75% each
it finally happened. I went to bar after playing poker with joy. amy had on her pole dancing outfit. I don't know if that mattered. ty all.

Reactions: brianiac
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes