hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
No argument there. However, when the clues tell you to ask X person, asking can come up in dialogue in a room, automatically, when you talk to them about other topics, and may not trigger when you visit a room if "it's a bad time". I'm not dissing Darkhound1. I know him to be a thoughtful and careful designer, but this game can be very touchy about having exactly the right set of circumstances.
There can be some significant constraints on getting something to happen the way it is supposed to. Location is one. Time of day or night is another and in some cases it is which day of the week even. There is also the question of whether the girl is alone or not for some events. In many instances, what the girl is wearing is a constraint. Also then there are the dreaded stats which have to be at the requisite levels or the player either gets blown off or the girl will even get mad. There is sometimes the question regarding is the player sporting an erection or not that might be part of the trigger or it might block the event. It can be a bit daunting to get it all lined up correctly. So then once you have everything correct and the event occurs, it may never be allowed to occur again because it is a one time only situation.

I didn't say all that as a complaint. If everything just happened automatically people would blow through the program in a few days and that would be it. This is not one of those programs. It takes strategizing, investigating, finding and recognizing clues and then getting the event to happen and it is generally not that easy. Having to work for the achievement is what makes this program more challenging and with a greater challenge, once you have over come it, the reward tends to be a bit sweeter.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
There can be some significant constraints on getting something to happen the way it is supposed to. Location is one. Time of day or night is another and in some cases it is which day of the week even. There is also the question of whether the girl is alone or not for some events. In many instances, what the girl is wearing is a constraint. Also then there are the dreaded stats which have to be at the requisite levels or the player either gets blown off or the girl will even get mad. There is sometimes the question regarding is the player sporting an erection or not that might be part of the trigger or it might block the event. It can be a bit daunting to get it all lined up correctly. So then once you have everything correct and the event occurs, it may never be allowed to occur again because it is a one time only situation.
I may be in the minority, but those are all elements that make the game fun for me to play. There are enough games out there to play where it is simply a matter of going from point A to point B.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
I suspect it has something to do with most people begin the game thinking there is linear game play with Holiday island. You know, go from point A to point B to solve an achievement. That and a desire to complete all achievements before moving onto another girl. Nothing wrong with that plan, however as the game has developed and evolved over two years, the achievements for each girl have changed at different paces. But that is why there is a complete list of changes and developments listed on the first page under 'Changelog'.
At first I thought that I had missed visiting Alice in her room, but I've now double checked and there is no option to talk to Alice about roses in her room either. Only the: "Thinking about her and wanted to say Hi" and "Ask her to meet later" options.

This puts us back to, yes... I have talked to Alice in her room, with conversation options,check local options, checked other topics... and nothing is firing any options about roses or dresses. And, no, I haven't been tweaking the variables through the console either.

EDIT: I got the event to pop up. It turns out that the problem is in the wording of the hint itself. The way it is worded, it sounds as if the MC should get the rose and give it to Amy in her room before the bar open (or around dinner time) but the intended meaning is that the MC should ask Alice in her room at that time. DH and I have had long chats about nuances of English so this sort of thing is known to come up.

Last edited:

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
From playing this game quite a while back I found several things to be the case:

- insanely hot models in all kinds of outfits

- a completely punishing level of grind to build up any affection, interest, or lust for even one girl, much several of them. for example you basically have to guess, without any cues whatsoever, the "right" questions and answers to ask in chat with them or you'll be punished with loss of interest/affection

- a severe lack of any hardcore content for most girls, as opposed to just bikinis, occasional hugging or kissing, maybe a topless shoot if you were really lucky, etc. this is true for most of them even once you've reached the higher levels of affection/lust, and it's not clear ahead of time which ones have that content open ... ie. not clear which ones will allow you past "second base". this could be fixed with walkthroughs / tips / cheats but many of us don't want to use those.

- lots of fapping off in your room alone is required ... not sure why anyone thinks this is hot

Overall impression: an insane plethora of extreme pinup models, fitness models, etc., but the whole game is almost nothing but one big tease. that's fine so long as you know what you're getting into I guess. also extremely grindy to collect any new scenes. i found the game unplayable without use of console cheats, but using them left me wondering if I was skipping or missing content.

Question: is this still the state of the game or has it changed?

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Apostate I strongly recommend checking your Phone in Game for Hints what you can Achieve. And what comes to "Hardcore" scenes: Just a quick show of what you can see:
Holiday Island All Sex Scenes for Lazy Ones.gif
Say Thanks to Bantry, not me, for this Quickie. As a 'Thank You' you can click any and ten other 'Like' -buttons you find in Bantry's numerous Posts in this Thread...

Last edited:

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
From playing this game quite a while back I found several things to be the case:

- a completely punishing level of grind to build up any affection, interest, or lust for even one girl, much several of them. for example you basically have to guess, without any cues whatsoever, the "right" questions and answers to ask in chat with them or you'll be punished with loss of interest/affection

- a severe lack of any hardcore content for most girls, as opposed to just bikinis, occasional hugging or kissing, maybe a topless shoot if you were really lucky, etc. this is true for most of them even once you've reached the higher levels of affection/lust, and it's not clear ahead of time which ones have that content open ... ie. not clear which ones will allow you past "second base". this could be fixed with walkthroughs / tips / cheats but many of us don't want to use those.

- lots of fapping off in your room alone is required ... not sure why anyone thinks this is hot

Overall impression: an insane plethora of extreme pinup models, fitness models, etc., but the whole game is almost nothing but one big tease. that's fine so long as you know what you're getting into I guess. also extremely grindy to collect any new scenes. i found the game unplayable without use of console cheats, but using them left me wondering if I was skipping or missing content.

- Grind? Within an hour you know all the right questions to ask in chat. First time you talk with them askl all the questions. After that you know the right and wrong questions.
- If you don't want to use second hand tips, make your own.
Let's say you want to kiss at affection 20 and she get's angry. Take note. Groping at lust 20. Angry. Take note.
You only have to do it once.

If you make a mistake it is never a dead end. You don't have to make choices which blocks content. Except for planegirl Aly.
The teasing is nicely build up to a climax.

The only thing that sometimes annoys me is the main character who acts like a 13 year old virgin.
He even gets a hardon from hearing bra size.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

Not sure if I can answer all your questions to your satisfaction, but here goes.
Early releases of the game did have a fair amount of 'grind', but with regards to the 'right' questions, once you have asked them all and rec'd the messages be they positive or negative with regards to affection, there is a + sign for the ones that boost interest/affection. The latest release also changed how a girl's stats are adjusted or increased with a number of 'Quests' to complete to raise levels. Still takes a bit of doing, as there are numerous things that must happen to complete the quest.

Fapping equals sperm samples, which are the 'currency' of the game. Redeem sperm samples to increase favor, get the ability to read the sub-dermal implants for girls' stats, locations, etc. I suppose you could just give away the info but it does add another element to the game. Much like life, the more currency you have, the more opportunities available to you.

not clear which ones will allow you past "second base". this could be fixed with walkthroughs / tips / cheats but many of us don't want to use those.
Well that is somewhat of a balancing act. Kudos for not wanting a walkthrough and wanting to play the game without one. Your phone is your friend. Once you have the ability to 'Hack' the sub-dermal implants you have a built in hint system for every appointment/event/scene available for every girl. None are a specific step-by-step answer, but hints about stats, wardrobe, etc.

i found the game unplayable without use of console cheats, but using them left me wondering if I was skipping or missing content.
99.8% sure you haven't missed anything. If you are concerned about missing something and to make the game somewhat easier ... SAVE early and often. Creating multiple 'save' points allows you to go back and tweak variables like wardrobe and stat levels, etc. Don't want to use cheat codes? Fine when the message pops up on the screen telling you why you failed, for example low lust or affection, reload from your 'save' point and do activities to raise whatever stat and then try again.

You still may not enjoy the game or think it is too 'grindy' without enough reward, but I hope you keep playing it.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I installed the mod the correct way but every time I click on it, it comes up with an error screen
Which mod? Your attachment is just a screen capture of a partial traceback report. Hard to offer any help without more information.

grimreaper70x

Jul 22, 2018
Okay, so in preferences I chose a different resolution because the application was going a little out of bound on my laptop.
Now each time I launch, the window is smaller than I want it to be, on top of that I can't edit my preferences anymore (every time I choose the option the game freezes and gives a "could not set video mode error" in the traceback.txt). I can't load saves or do anything. I tried doing a fresh install and nada. What to do now?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes