Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I suspect there will be another bugfix released soon. Keep getting errors as the storyline progresses. The latest was after the Butt Contest and Alice invited me to her room. Clicked on the appointment at the correct time in my phone/calendar and crash. Tried to rollback and caused a complete game shut down. Some an bypass by rolling back or ignoring, but too often a complete game shut down occurs.

Reactions: Xaiouto

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Seems to be a bug during the drinking event with both Alice and Amy. After complimenting them, and asking for another drink, an exception is thrown. It can be ignored, but it seems to also block access to the extra scenes by doing so. It's an invalid syntax error because of (game/loc_nightbar.rpy) on line 988.
Introduced it woith bug fix 2, sorry. Will be fixed with bug fix 3. The syntax check in renpy is just bahhhh.... So many stuff that only occurs during runtime, even though it's completely wrong.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
more specific regarding potential bug with alice schoolgirl event: traceback error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 760, in script call
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 946, in script call
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 954, in script
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 954, in <module>
NameError: name 'false' is not defined
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 760, in script call
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 946, in script call
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 954, in script
File "C:\Delta\Other\Games\Other\BB\HolidayIsland-0.0.8alpha-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Delta\Other\Games\Other\BB\HolidayIsland-0.0.8alpha-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/appointments.rpy", line 954, in <module>
NameError: name 'false' is not defined
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_bf2
Another one of those things that only occur during runtime... it should be False instead of false with a capital "F". I fixed it and it will be part of bug fix 3.

Cro

May 10, 2017
Quick question: got all the new content except one Alice appointment: one of the school girl rewards.
I know you had to choose there between 2 options with the dildo, I choose the first but now I can't get the second anymore.
There was never anything exclusive in the achievements, so I suppose you should get the schoolgirl reward somehow again, but she's never asking me for gym training anymore.
Any ideas ?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Quick question: got all the new content except one Alice appointment: one of the school girl rewards.
I know you had to choose there between 2 options with the dildo, I choose the first but now I can't get the second anymore.
There was never anything exclusive in the achievements, so I suppose you should get the schoolgirl reward somehow again, but she's never asking me for gym training anymore.
Any ideas ?
The butt contest can give you the same reward when she's the winner. There is a bug in the bug fix 2 that might crash it. I will fix it in the bug fix 3.

Cro

May 10, 2017
Right, that works too. And yes, there's another "false/False" issue there, but it can be Ignored, so not such big of a deal.

Galoir

Sep 20, 2017
I've tried to extract images from archive.rpa by "RPA Extractor for Windows" (like i successfully did in dozens of games), but here i've get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "rpatool.py", line 385, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)

Is it something wrong with the archive? Or maybe i should use another app to do it?

Cro

May 10, 2017
I've tried to extract images from archive.rpa by "RPA Extractor for Windows" (like i successfully did in dozens of games), but here i've get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "rpatool.py", line 385, in <module>
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)

Is it something wrong with the archive? Or maybe i should use another app to do it?
This was already discussed many times in this thread. It's probably the french char in Renee's name or something like that.
There are ways you can unpack it safely, just search the thread.

Reactions: Bantry
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes