Others Completed Holodexxx Home [Episode 2 Bugfix] [Holodexxx]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes
Apr 13, 2020
Again, PC support is coming next week. You guys are playing a build that will be receiving usability updates through itch over the next few weeks.

sith40k

Jan 3, 2020
keep up the good work ep 2 was good now lets hope 2.5 or 3 goes better maybe a little more touching and more free play in bed or maybe some more interactive stuff

squall1150

Sep 3, 2017
I cant get ep 2 to work. I followed what people said of the forum, I have the option there on the tv but it just wont start.
Tried both the ep 2 files normal and patched neither did anything.

Reactions: senn2

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I cant get ep 2 to work. I followed what people said of the forum, I have the option there on the tv but it just wont start.
Tried both the ep 2 files normal and patched neither did anything.
So, your base game is working, right?
You can start the game and walk/move around?
And you can play Episode 1?

--> If you answered all three with "Yes", there isn't a problem with the game itself.

Now, when you select "Play Episode 02" nothing happens, right? Then there's most likely something wrong with your file structure, because Holodoxxx doesn't seem to find the file for Episode 2. Please make sure, that your files are in the right place, here's an example: if you unpack Ep.1 and Ep.2 to your Desktop, it should look like this:
Code:
...\Desktop\hdx-home-beta-windows
    Engine\
    HDX\
    HDX.exe
    Manifest_DebugFiles_Win64.txt
    Manifest_NonUFSFiles_Win64.txt
...\Desktop\hdx-home-ep2
    DLC_Episode02.pak
Does it look like this? You need to use the exact names for "hdx-home-beta-windows" and "hdx-home-ep2" I think. If you have it like this, and it still doesn't work, could you please provide some screenshots of your files/file structure?

squall1150

Sep 3, 2017
I was a 100% sure it was right. but i thought id move the file and it worked guess it was wrong after all, i have the ep 2 folder in the main games as like other games i thought it would be the same, never expected it to workoutside it. thank you for your help.

Reactions: theMickey_

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
I really have no clue what to do, she says to grab a dildo but there is none around. She just keeps pleasuring herself and thats it

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Sometimes it runs really nice for what you see and sometimes not it's fluctuating in Performance between acceptable and awefull.
But it is one of the most advanced model render and behavior result wise in it's overall abstraction.

Pretty much not comparable with any other Quality Level showcased by other Unreal Indies, you can find on f95zone maybe Paralogue and partly Naughty Sandbox.

It uses often a very high level of HDR light maps lighting instead of solid artificial specular lights.

Approach remembers me a lot of Assassins Creed Unity results, still a marvelous artistic team and tech piece in "Scimitar" Anvil Nexts evolution timeline you should have played and not missed :)
The Hair result is not yet on something like Elise Level, still a bit away from it and very very far from a working VR presence simulation level.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Rikku

Apr 15, 2018
Edited Post: when is Mouse and Keyboard support coming, it’s been a week already :)

Original Post: is PC Support out yet?

Last edited:

gsd563445

May 19, 2020
The game firstly worked ok. I could choose EP1 and EP2 on the screen and played EP1 and EP2 but now I cant choose EP1 or EP2 on the screen anymore. There is also no key card anymore. How can I play EP1 and EP2 again? I can only see the girl in the dressing room.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The game firstly worked ok. I could choose EP1 and EP2 on the screen and played EP1 and EP2 but now I cant choose EP1 or EP2 on the screen anymore. There is also no key card anymore. How can I play EP1 and EP2 again? I can only see the girl in the dressing room.
According to the latest change log:

"Launch an episode by picking up a multipass located under the TV. They’re marked with the episode that they play."

But I never got this to work, I'm still seeing the TV selection and I couldn't figure out why. And I'm pretty sure I put everything where it belongs, but I must have done something wrong. I can play Ep.1 and Ep.2, but I don't have any access to any of the changes mentioned in the change log for Ep.2 (no more automatic teleportation, the new launch method with key cards instead of the TV, hallway being unlocked etc.).

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I'm using an Oculus Quest with Oculus touch controllers via virtual desktop and running the game on steamVR.

- Can not move using the thumb-sticks.
- Triggers do not function for hand grabbing.

Tested via oculus link where the controls work fine, however the games performance is poor and often hangs via this method :unsure: . Both of my available options to play this game come with caveats. Any ideas Holodexxx_Mike ?

I can see in this directory "hdx-home-beta-windows\HDX\Config" that the .json for Oculus touch steamVR bindings are there so I'm at a loss for why the controls are not working.

Apr 13, 2020
We update our builds constantly through our Itch updater. It's really hard to bug fix obsolete builds, or even understand what the issue is because you guys are most likely playing a build without multiple patches. Feel free to join the Patreon, and grab the update-able build through Itch.io.
The Quest issue is most likely because you're running through DS, and not the link cable (even though we don't technically support the Quest, it works)

Reactions: Rikku and seriiuo

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
How can I update ep 2 Its pak file I cant someone help please
Either become a Patreon supporter and use the Itch.io installer/updater, or try READING at least a few pages of this thread. It only has 4 pages so far, so it's not that hard, right?

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes