alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
before downloading this old illusion game i have to ask first....does it work on windows 10 without the lagging-...since old illusion game have this problem
All games prior to Harem Mate will have the lag as Harem Mate was the first game to not use Illusion's proprietary engine. You will have to find a d3d9.dll from before the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Reactions: PoeTato

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
be prepared though, most of those vary wildly in graphical quality by today standards, especialy AG3, but gameplay wise they had more (especialy due to the mods that can be added) then current honey select + AI Shoujo, aldo the later is a sort of spiritual successor to AG3.

nanoviolence

May 5, 2017
All games prior to Harem Mate will have the lag as Harem Mate was the first game to not use Illusion's proprietary engine. You will have to find a d3d9.dll from before the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
any idea where we can find that file?

Mar 21, 2019
run on w10??
From the wiki:
Q: Will the game run on Windows 10?
A: Not without issues unless you switch system locale to Japanese, which you really shouldn't because you will experience issues with other stuff. You can't use AppLocale, but you can use NTLEA and Locale Emulator, but the subtitle mod will not work (i.e. no subtitles).

On a side note, Racaty link is also just nopy link aswell, might want to fix that?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
run on w10??
run on w10??
From the wiki:
Q: Will the game run on Windows 10?
A: Not without issues unless you switch system locale to Japanese, which you really shouldn't because you will experience issues with other stuff. You can't use AppLocale, but you can use NTLEA and Locale Emulator, but the subtitle mod will not work (i.e. no subtitles).

On a side note, Racaty link is also just nopy link aswell, might want to fix that?
Also, look just above your comments, we literally just mentioned another big issue. You will have to download the file d1Polterghost posted or you will have major lag, we're talking 5 FPS at most.

Skyward

Oct 25, 2018
The normal d3d9 doesnt work for a lot of people, if you are one of those people like me then this d3d9 taken from dgvoodoo should work just fine except you will have to live with the watermark in the bottom right. leave it renamed as _alt next to the old one so it does not stop subtitles. Took me a very long time to find something that worked a while back so i hope it works for everybody else.

Crizalclid

Apr 26, 2018
The normal d3d9 doesnt work for a lot of people, if you are one of those people like me then this d3d9 taken from dgvoodoo should work just fine except you will have to live with the watermark in the bottom right. leave it renamed as _alt next to the old one so it does not stop subtitles. Took me a very long time to find something that worked a while back so i hope it works for everybody else.
I downloaded the file, it did get rid of the lag, but also filled the girls with so much swag that they are always T posing.
7/10 would T pose again.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
AG3 has as much gameplay as Koikatsu
AG3 today is nothing much. Very limited character creator compared to the post "premium play" titles, and gameplay even by illusion standards. Koikatsu and AI shoujo are much better.
Sometime nostalgia goggles give a very distorted view.
Same for the AA games. Wanted to re-play it after koikatsu and couldn't stomach it more than 10 minutes. It aged very bad.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
If you are into anime style visuals and no sandbox, you should definitely check out School Mate 2 and Wakeari(in which you can also choose evil path iirc). These games were really good in the years they were released, they were fresh experience.

Not that everything is simply bad right now, but it's mostly feels like just copy pasting same old concepts and just visual improvements to make money I guess? Like, Honey Select 2 is good but, doesn't feels like game, it's feels too real, which might be a plus for some but I don't really see the point.

Skyward

Oct 25, 2018
I downloaded the file, it did get rid of the lag, but also filled the girls with so much swag that they are always T posing.
7/10 would T pose again.
My characters have their bodies detached from their clothes in a weird way + sometimes even their limbs from their bodies...
Kinda haunting:oops:
Did this happened to anyone else?
Does someone have a fix for it?

I am on Windows 10 and I'm using the d3d9_alt provided in this chat.

EDIT:
I found out that the problem seems to be caused by the interaction of the "d3d9" file of the game PLUS the "d3d9_alt" provided in the chat.
I tried only with one at the time but, unfortunately, even tho the game runs it runs poorly and by that I mean shitty:).

If any holy soul was able to fix these kinda problems maintaining a decent FPS avg. I would gladly listen!
Thanks in advance.
Hmmm.. i never actually tried this game with it yet, i will give it a download and see if i can find a compromise.

Rip the d3d9 works perfectly fine for ag3 and etc but not this game for some reason. Ill let yall know if i find a new fix.

Last edited:

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
Well.. It certainly shows its age. Minimal body modification. Not at all like current illusion games.