Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Hey,
I ran into a weird issue...
I get a character which looks perfectly fine in the main game : but when I import her in NeoStudio, her teeth look like that :

HS2_2023-07-01-21-31-18-419.png

If I get back to the standard shader instead of Hanmen, it looks like that (which is still awful) :
HS2_2023-07-01-22-03-27-512.png
(she looks different because I modified her totally while searching what was going wrong)

I tried everything : removing the Hanmen shaders in Studio, removing them in the Charamaker, putting to default every settings in in the Maker, etc. The bug still occurs. The only way to correct it seems to use the "replace face" function.

It looks like its linked to the card itself... I do not have any trouble with other characters. Did you ever saw that?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
[ASK] if i download the All-in-one (DX R13 Base Game Repack) , i still need download the mod?
Nope - all common mods are included yet.
Recommended is torrent download - much easier to install.
If the link on page 1 here not to works, get the torrent file directly from here

Labosky

Aug 7, 2020
Are you sure you have the certain character card AND the according mod both? And same version too?
I would like to see a screenshot of this character when Facial Type is visible and also one from Facial Skin
Example
View attachment 2735342

Anyway some of the great creators like to pack the facial sculpting and makeup of their characters into a zipmod, so you need the card AND the zipmod to load the character card well.
Card into UserData/chara/female, zipmod into mods/MyMods.

As AmaNo explained you can´t use the card without this zipmod, on the other side you can´t use this Facial Type/Skin on other characters.

Eventually you share the card and the mod here so we can test it to find the reason.

EDIT: belonging your screenshot is this Haruka Sawamura?
View attachment 2735429

If so, you can download again v1.1 from here

EDIT 2: indeed it´s the character you posted, and guess what: downloaded from link above I´m getting the same weird result! o_O
So I think the card or the mod is broken and doesn´t work (not the first time of an cunihinx character).
I tried 1.5 version as well with its same verison of a card and it does the same so maybe something happened and the mod needs to be updated in some way because it used to work before

Labosky

Aug 7, 2020
Are you sure you have the certain character card AND the according mod both? And same version too?
I would like to see a screenshot of this character when Facial Type is visible and also one from Facial Skin
Example
View attachment 2735342

Anyway some of the great creators like to pack the facial sculpting and makeup of their characters into a zipmod, so you need the card AND the zipmod to load the character card well.
Card into UserData/chara/female, zipmod into mods/MyMods.

As AmaNo explained you can´t use the card without this zipmod, on the other side you can´t use this Facial Type/Skin on other characters.

Eventually you share the card and the mod here so we can test it to find the reason.

EDIT: belonging your screenshot is this Haruka Sawamura?
View attachment 2735429

If so, you can download again v1.1 from here

EDIT 2: indeed it´s the character you posted, and guess what: downloaded from link above I´m getting the same weird result! o_O
So I think the card or the mod is broken and doesn´t work (not the first time of an cunihinx character).

this is the 1.5 I tried but from his patreon directly and the same card as well

Labosky

Aug 7, 2020
someone on his patreon saying that "This problem has been solved...I find this mod"osahka head.zipmod"conflicted with it." so I will try that

ado

Feb 22, 2018
i am having trouble starting the game.
"
Application folder:
D:/game/HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R13
There should be 'HoneySelect2_Data'
folder next to the executable
"

brainpatch

Jun 11, 2023
What do I extract the files with? I downloaded from google drive and it says all of the files are either corrupt or not an archive.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i am having trouble starting the game.
"
Application folder:
D:/game/HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R13
There should be 'HoneySelect2_Data'
folder next to the executable
"
First shorten your file pathes by the main folder --> D:/HS2-R13
And look in Explorer if the subfolder is existing.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
First shorten your file pathes by the main folder --> D:/HS2-R13
And look in Explorer if the subfolder is existing.
HI!
Seems like a bad install, I have had read that issue in discord server before: In splitted files, if one single file is corrupt, the extraction still will carry on, but it will be missing files.
7z program have the "integrity file" (more or les like) tool. Before extracting splitted files, you should check the whole pack integrity.
All the repacks I've downloaded, since BR7 where via Torrent. single file, smooth instal and no issues so far.

justadodobird

Sep 29, 2018
HI!
Seems like a bad install, I have had read that issue in discord server before: In splitted files, if one single file is corrupt, the extraction still will carry on, but it will be missing files.
7z program have the "integrity file" (more or les like) tool. Before extracting splitted files, you should check the whole pack integrity.
All the repacks I've downloaded, since BR7 where via Torrent. single file, smooth instal and no issues so far.
I don't understand why he doesn't split it with winrar, it will be much simpler. I waited almost 1 day to download from torrent and guess what happens? Yes, the file got error :HideThePain:

• Sad
Reactions: Kaseijin

Zedron77

May 4, 2020
I downloaded the All-In-One version of the game, but when I enter the game and enter character creation, my game crashes. I couldn't find the error message part so I'm attaching the output log.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I downloaded the All-In-One version of the game, but when I enter the game and enter character creation, my game crashes. I couldn't find the error message part so I'm attaching the output log.
Place your game away from C:\ (possibly conflicts with operating system) and on top of a drive without unnecessary subfolders, like D:\HS2-R13

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I don't understand why he doesn't split it with winrar, it will be much simpler. I waited almost 1 day to download from torrent and guess what happens? Yes, the file got error :HideThePain:
As you wish - but it is well known that splitted files give a lot of chances to fail.
19 single files may have a corrupted download, and sometimes the single files have additional file endings you have to rename first.

Torrent download may consume more time, but you can leave it alone (run it over night or while at work).
I for myself never had a bad download (since version R4.1) - no clue what happened with your download.
And once again: 7-Zip works best with these files!

Reactions: Velcrofly

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Two in a row extracting errors leads me to think that your machine is the root problem. or you just are the bad luckiest around here :KEK:
anyways, I wish you the best of luck in succed downloading AND running this game, it worth it :WeSmart:

Reactions: Velcrofly
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes