Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
Updated to the recent DX 3.1 and I'm still getting a white screen after a scene.
I have to task manager, end task, and start the game back up, no progress is saved unless it's saved before going into a scene so I can't progress any of the girls at all now.

Do I have to do a fresh installation to get DX 3.1? I updated from R5.
If that's not the correct upgrade path can somebody tell me in what order I should install the mods?
I'm curious what you actually have there - there was no update path from any of the pre-DX packs to DX. ScrewThisNoise looked into an updater to go from R5 to DX R1 and it would have been too big, so the only way to go from R5 to a DX version is a full install of a DX pack. So yeah, grab the DX R3.1 main game (about 30Gb, you don't need the bigger part with the extras for studio) and do a clean install in a new directory.

Reactions: alex2011

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
I'm curious what you actually have there - there was no update path from any of the pre-DX packs to DX. ScrewThisNoise looked into an updater to go from R5 to DX R1 and it would have been too big, so the only way to go from R5 to a DX version is a full install of a DX pack. So yeah, grab the DX R3.1 main game (about 30Gb, you don't need the bigger part with the extras for studio) and do a clean install in a new directory.
I'm guessing since DX R3.1 isn't the main file I'll have to download the DX R2 from the first page and update from DX R2 -> DX R3 -> DX R3.1 right? Or does somebody have the full game direct download for DX R3.1?
Genuinely not sure how/why it started, one day everything worked fine as normal, scenes played out as they should and I didn't get the white screen of death, it would take me back to the bedroom, but like I said now after a scene it's like the white loading screen but it never loads back to the bedroom. Feelsbadman, hadn't downloaded anything between the time it was working to the time it stopped working.

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
I'd like to update my repack, but im not sure which version I currently have, Can anyone tell me from this screenshot of the init page please?
When opend the game reports as version 1.1.4. I probably Downloaded the latest release as of late October 2020.
View attachment 992639
Not 100% sure from this exactly what you have, but I know part of it. You're running an old version of HF Patch - the current version is v1.4.

HF Patch is meant for players that purchased the game and want to add mods to it. The patch does not contain the game itself, it just adds mod/plugin functionality to an existing bare-bones install.

In contrast, the Better Repack packs contain the entire game with mods/plugins pre-installed. It's the normal route for players outside Japan, as Illusion doesn't yet sell HS2 in foreign countries.

What I can't tell from what you've posted is if someone installed HF Patch over a Better Repack distribution. While that can be made to work, it's non-trivial to do so and highly discouraged. But regardless, you have a pre-DX release. I'm going to sound like a broken record here but you should grab the latest DX R3.1 pack and do a clean install in a new folder.

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
I'm guessing since DX R3.1 isn't the main file I'll have to download the DX R2 from the first page and update from DX R2 -> DX R3 -> DX R3.1 right? Or does somebody have the full game direct download for DX R3.1?
With the BR packs, you can always get the latest one as a single download, and that's always the best solution rather than repeated updates. Go here:
Select HoneySelect 2 DX in the left column, download the pack by torrent if possible (only need the 30-ish GB part, not the bigger part for studio), and do a clean install in a new folder.

Reactions: alex2011

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
I think I figured it out, Big brain me installed the R2 ->R3 -> R3.1 to a completely different folder and the game itself was outdated. Some of the new maps will cause white screen but I can use most of the maps so an improvement for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: hun hunter

tod0404

May 22, 2018
Hello
I have a problem.
I have lost many animations like walking ect...
Almost in Anim >> Animations >> Charactere
How can i get them back?
thx guys

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
Great_Old_One or anyone could help it would be very much appreciated, to try and understand what exactly is going on.

I have been playing the [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R3.1 version, for awhile and love every minute of it
but I still can't control the camera with my mouse at all, I don't know if I pushed the wrong button, or clicked the wrong thing, I don't know how to activate it, is it a mod? any suggestions would be very helpful, I can only control the angles with the arrow keys and the number keys at this stage.

As well as that I should have mentioned this before, I have a mac and run [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R3.1 on Parallels Desktop off an external hard drive, I want to move it to another drive, and I have using Carbon Copy Cloner, it is exactly the same in every way, everything has copied as far as I can tell, yet when I try to play it I get a black screen.

If anyone could help me to fix these problems it would be very much appreciated, thanks

Follow up, update

I thought about it for awhile and thought it was just in way too many different folders, and thought that might be a problem, so I moved the contents one folder back, and tried again, this time the game loaded, no more black screen, but now it is not loading the cards at all, it shows the folder and knows the location, but there is nothing there in the game, nothing in the groups I created, and yet the cards exist. I have deleted and will try the copy again, and see if this solves it.

Last update... I tried a full re install and still nothing, no cards are loading, luckily I have a version of the game on a different drive that is working, now I just can't seem to find out why, that version loads the cards, while the other one doesn't

and my mouse still does not control the camera.

Last edited:

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
With the BR packs, you can always get the latest one as a single download, and that's always the best solution rather than repeated updates. Go here:
Select HoneySelect 2 DX in the left column, download the pack by torrent if possible (only need the 30-ish GB part, not the bigger part for studio), and do a clean install in a new folder.
Updating from the DX R2 -> R3 -> R3.1 worked for the most part, some maps crash the game but that's easily avoidable if I can remember what ones aren't working for me. I could also just update the maps but that's almost 34gb alone

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Когда делаешь свою анимацию в студии используя VN Game Engine (VNGE) то при повороте предмета либо части тела вокруг своей оси он иногда поворачивается не туда куда надо а в противоположную сторону делая дополнительный круг. Если кто то знает как это контролировать то жду ответа что с этим делать. В дополнении могу сказать анимацию можно легко делать полноценную свою в студии.

When you make your animation in the studio using the VN Game Engine (VNGE), then when you rotate an object or part of the body around its axis, it sometimes turns in the wrong direction, but in the opposite direction making an additional circle. If someone knows how to control this, then I'm waiting for an answer on what to do with it. In addition, I can say that you can easily make your own animation in the studio.

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
Great_Old_One or anyone could help it would be very much appreciated, to try and understand what exactly is going on.

I have been playing the [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R3.1 version, for awhile and love every minute of it
but I still can't control the camera with my mouse at all, I don't know if I pushed the wrong button, or clicked the wrong thing, I don't know how to activate it, is it a mod? any suggestions would be very helpful, I can only control the angles with the arrow keys and the number keys at this stage.

As well as that I should have mentioned this before, I have a mac and run [ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R3.1 on Parallels Desktop off an external hard drive, I want to move it to another drive, and I have using Carbon Copy Cloner, it is exactly the same in every way, everything has copied as far as I can tell, yet when I try to play it I get a black screen.

If anyone could help me to fix these problems it would be very much appreciated, thanks

Follow up, update

I thought about it for awhile and thought it was just in way too many different folders, and thought that might be a problem, so I moved the contents one folder back, and tried again, this time the game loaded, no more black screen, but now it is not loading the cards at all, it shows the folder and knows the location, but there is nothing there in the game, nothing in the groups I created, and yet the cards exist. I have deleted and will try the copy again, and see if this solves it.

Last update... I tried a full re install and still nothing, no cards are loading, luckily I have a version of the game on a different drive that is working, now I just can't seem to find out why, that version loads the cards, while the other one doesn't

and my mouse still does not control the camera.
It's on a Mac??? I think that's your camera control problem - the game is set up for a 3 button mouse, I'd guess emulating that on the mac mouse is coming up short. I know people have run this on linux using the wine windows emulator, but I think they all had 3 button mice.

This game should be installed near the root of a drive, not deep in the filesystem:
Where moving it up changed things, you're likely too deep, and that may be why cards aren't showing up.

And when you have multiple installs, you can't select which one you're running by simply picking a particular executable. The registry is set up for whatever directory you last ran initsetting.exe from, and when running the exe from one dir you may be using resources from another. So to run from a different install, run initsetting.exe first, and start the game from there.

Reactions: hun hunter

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
Updating from the DX R2 -> R3 -> R3.1 worked for the most part, some maps crash the game but that's easily avoidable if I can remember what ones aren't working for me. I could also just update the maps but that's almost 34gb alone
You can use kkmanager to disable the maps that don't work. Also, check the settings for HS2ChicksDigMapModdersPlugin - make sure "use modded maps for all events" is disabled. If you mouse over the text on the left, it warns you not to enable that part as it may crash. I think it might be enabled by default, not sure tho.

NebulaX

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
How do you make H-Scenes in Studio NEO? I understand there are animations and you have to match them with the two characters, but is there a way for like the penis to actually go/look like its going in the mouth/vagina rather than it just sliding in there causing clipping?

I feel like I'm missing something important. I've tried hooh's scripted dicks mod, which I thought would help, but for some reason it isn't appearing in my mods list.

Or maybe is there a way to automatically have pre-recorded sex scenes with two people (just like in the game) and you can place/stage them as desired in Studio NEO?

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
How do i get the pet status for my girl? (dark ally) ty
To get to the Night Park VIP area, you need a girl with a status of "broken". Easiest way to get that with version DX R3.1 is using the cheat tool (f12). If you have an older pack, install the Female Parameter Info plugin, and set broken state while in the lobby.

does this game have femdom or futa on male?
There is futa for female, not male. Closest thing to femdom would be the Take Charge Plugin.

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
It's on a Mac??? I think that's your camera control problem - the game is set up for a 3 button mouse, I'd guess emulating that on the mac mouse is coming up short. I know people have run this on linux using the wine windows emulator, but I think they all had 3 button mice.

This game should be installed near the root of a drive, not deep in the filesystem:
Where moving it up changed things, you're likely too deep, and that may be why cards aren't showing up.

And when you have multiple installs, you can't select which one you're running by simply picking a particular executable. The registry is set up for whatever directory you last ran initsetting.exe from, and when running the exe from one dir you may be using resources from another. So to run from a different install, run initsetting.exe first, and start the game from there.
Thanks for the reply, I think I may have to clarify a few things

Yes it is a Mac, but running through a VM on Parallels and I do change the mouse to a Omen 600

And when I said multiple installs, I meant one is on one hard drive, the other is on another drive, I run everything except the camera control with the mouse, the other runs fine now, except my cards don't load, and I don't know why

I am trying a full fresh install, again, extracting the files to Honey Select 2 folder, and that's it, hope that works.

Great_Old_One update... no matter how many other drives I have tried to do a fresh install of this, the game runs, but all I can do with it, is either

1. Choose character maker, girl, it brings up Hatano Miwa (so clearly it has some reference) and of course Fur is there in the intro, otherwise the game would run and she would be invisible, so clearly there is some reference somewhere... but under save/delete there is nothing, no thumbnails at all, under load there is nothing, there are cards in the main char female folder, yet still nothing shows up. I have even tried the random girl selection from Fur and saved the card, but that doesn't even show up, and any changes I make to Hatano, and click save, it doesn't save the card.

or

2. I select play, it takes me to my room, and sometimes Group 1 is already underneath My Room, and a blinking mouse is set next to characters, I click on it, fur tells me what to do, the explanation screen comes up, I exit that, go to groups and both Choose and Group 1 are completely empty.

I can't do anything else but quit at that stage, there is no one to select so how can I proceed.

It is working on only one drive I have, I am thankful for that even though the mouse doesn't control the camera, regardless of which one I choose my Mac's mouse or my PC one, but i am just so confused when I try to move the entire folder, from that drive and either clone it, reinstall or move it to another drive, the cards just don't load up

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
does this game have femdom or futa on male?
To get to the Night Park VIP area, you need a girl with a status of "broken". Easiest way to get that with version DX R3.1 is using the cheat tool (f12). If you have an older pack, install the Female Parameter Info plugin, and set broken state while in the lobby.

There is futa for female, not male. Closest thing to femdom would be the Take Charge Plugin.
No to futa on male unless you mean literally, like cowgirl position, at best it's futa on girl. The only character that can penetrate is you, so on in the sense that the futa is penetrating can only be done as a player futa while on in the sense that she is literally on top of you can be done while she is being penetrated from below, but NPCs cannot use the dick even if one is added to them.

There are some positions that could be called femdom, but once again, there is no penetration by females and all NPCs are female. For example, there is a standing footjob, guy on the ground, girl stepping on his dick, I mean. The kind you would see in femdom.

Reactions: Softys

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
wich one should i download ?, the optional sideloader modpack or base game ? tell me pls :)...
The sideloader is useless without the base game and can only be used with the studio program in the game files.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes