nuslu

Jan 7, 2023
I remember that someone had the same question but forgot, if there where a solution.
Anyway I myself didn´t recognize this behaviour yet all my girls are developing their stats as it should.
I figured out the issue, I noticed the modded girls' cards were un-greyed out in the select character UI in the management screen. Turns out the game saved the data in new cards in the female chara folder, whereas I originally loaded them in from a subfolder. Swapping them out did the job and everything seems to work fine now.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Has anyone gotten this game to work on Steam Deck? Is it even possible?
Why not? You´re not the only one playing the Steam version.

Read these
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8919162
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9512111
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614

and then tell me what is not working for you.

If you only ask what you should prefer: Steam you have to pay, the BetterRepack from ScrewThisNoise is for free.

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
Why not? You´re not the only one playing the Steam version.

Read these
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8919162
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9512111
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614

and then tell me what is not working for you.

If you only ask what you should prefer: Steam you have to pay, the BetterRepack from ScrewThisNoise is for free.
I have the better repack version, not the steam one. I was just wondering if the betterrepack worked controls-wise and without frying the deck.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I have the better repack version, not the steam one. I was just wondering if the betterrepack worked controls-wise and without frying the deck.
Hmmmm........not sure what you mean (especially "frying the deck"???) :unsure:

Anyway there are thousands playing the BetterRepack without any troubles (as myself), but are few having issues - mostly caused by bad download or making mistakes at install.
And no one reported a "fried deck" so far I know.

EDIT: meanwhile I´ve googled a little and found this Steam Deck is a sort of console with display.
Sry, but I´m a really hardware man (Gaming Laptop or Desktop tuned by myself) and not familiar with such "toys" ;)

Anyway the specs of that deck are not so bad that it should be possible to play HS2 without noticeable restrictions.
But as Velcro explained the main question is how HS2 is compatible with the classical gamepad controls.
So far I know there is no gamepad version of HS2 (and I think also the other Illusion games) neither a software mod for this (like viceversa to play Nier Automata or Replicant on PC with keybord and mouse).

On the other hand there is a HS2 for Android available
Maybe this is more suiting a console.
Also a version for Xbox, but this is needing a windows PC

About HS2 on Steam deck you can find some at Dr. Google, for example

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I've not heard of anyone using a Steam Deck with HS2 but that doesn't mean it can't be used.
I don't know a lot about them. Are they limited to steam games or can they be used on any games? If the latter then you can probably use it for HS2.
Note HS2 (teh game itself) is best with a mouse - you can use a laptop touchpad but it isn't as good. Does the deck have an equivalent?
HS2 is kind of in 3 parts. The game itself, character maker where you can create your own characters or adapt those of others and Studio where you can create your own secens & animations etc (the only limits are your imagination, time and machine).
The other 2 need mouse or equialent a lot less - although can still be useful to scroll effectively through clothes / body options in maker.
Hope this helps. If you get the game working on a steam deck it would be worth letting others know how it works.
Best of luck

Reactions: turbojoe

Ronounou

Sep 17, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm on DX R11 and I have two problems:

-The game laucnher won't start, I can start the game from the HoneySelect.exe but InitSettings don't start. I have this crash log :
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at InitSetting.SettingManager.SetFullScreen(Boolean fullScreenEnabled)
at InitSetting.MainWindow.UpdateDisplaySettings(Boolean bFullScreen)
at InitSetting.MainWindow..ctor()

-My second problem is that I can't see any menu on the right of the screen in Maker. I can see menu on the left but not the one on the right.

How can I fix that ?

shadowbane456

Dec 2, 2018
It´s a longer time since Kenzato seems to be left alone - so forget this.
Bepis I don´t know.
There is another site for coordinates

On the other hand I do the same as Kaseijin - collecting character cards with interesting clothing and "save the costume card".
Thanks for the info. Bepis does atm have a coordinates category for KK, so I can't see why they can't have one for HS2/AI, plus they do have a nicer layout and search options then Yuki or illusioncards. It is really just a question of convincing whoever works on that site to add it.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm on DX R11 and I have two problems:

-The game laucnher won't start, I can start the game from the HoneySelect.exe but InitSettings don't start. I have this crash log :
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at InitSetting.SettingManager.SetFullScreen(Boolean fullScreenEnabled)
at InitSetting.MainWindow.UpdateDisplaySettings(Boolean bFullScreen)
at InitSetting.MainWindow..ctor()

-My second problem is that I can't see any menu on the right of the screen in Maker. I can see menu on the left but not the one on the right.

How can I fix that ?
Never heard this before, so check the usual trouble shoot points:
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9785913
And try a new install.

sdcvwec

Nov 25, 2020
Hey so does the Optional Sideloader Modpack contain the original game or do I have to install the all in one dx r11 one aswell

redbull1122

Feb 5, 2018
Hey everyone

is there anyway for me to update the default maps when choosing hscene? i have a bunch of cool maps i downloaded that are supposed to be hscene friendly (i.e. not studio only), i drop them in the "honeyselect\abdata\map" folder
but they arent selectable when i go to the lobby.

do i have to do something fancy like replacing the default maps with the new ones?

appreciate your help

MrBeastie

Sep 20, 2022
Hey everyone

is there anyway for me to update the default maps when choosing hscene? i have a bunch of cool maps i downloaded that are supposed to be hscene friendly (i.e. not studio only), i drop them in the "honeyselect\abdata\map" folder

do i have to do something fancy like replacing the default maps with the new ones?

appreciate your help
The issue is that you put it in the wrong path. Assuming it's a zipmod, which all the additonal maps I've seen have been, it goes in the mods folder off your main directory (e.g. D:\HoneySelect2\mods).

Also, because of how you phrased it, I want to be sure I answer something else. You don't pick it during a sexual encounter (choosing an HScene, meaning a sexual position). You can get there from the Meeting Room, or by leaving your room and exploring (I forget the option name, but it's a choice after Leave Room from your bedroom). When doing the deed, you are stuck in your current map until you choose to end the encounter. Hscene friendly just means that the modder has included places in the map for certain, well... activities to occur.

Reactions: bigcover22

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
Anyone got HS2plug from Katarsys lying around or know where I can find it?

His official link's been dead for like two months or more. Googling hasn't helped, every site just links to his patreon page instead of a download. I would throw money his way if his track record were a little cleaner.

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018
Anybody know how to fix this? Kind of a minor problem but it's a little annoying. I got a new computer and copied my whole HS2 folder over to the new PC. The game runs fine it's just before, everything in Japanese text used to get translated to English and now it's not. Help?

MrBeastie

Sep 20, 2022
Anybody know how to fix this? Kind of a minor problem but it's a little annoying. I got a new computer and copied my whole HS2 folder over to the new PC. The game runs fine it's just before, everything in Japanese text used to get translated to English and now it's not. Help?

I'm assuming you had the BetterRepack version, since you have translations. You can see the plugin settings by going to the settings icon (gear on the left side) and then clicking the lowest tab in the list (Plugin settings). Then, you can start by cleaning the translation cache (look for Translation Cache Cleaner and find the assigned key combination, which is defaulted to LeftShift+F6, I think). Exit the settings and press that key combination.

Then, go back into the plugin settings, find Translation Helper and make sure everything is enabled.

Lastly, make sure Honey Select 2 is not blocked from internet access by your firewall. It uses a web service to get translations.
Good luck.

ciataip

Dec 7, 2022
guys i need help..i downloaded better repack 11 extracted it...and when i start i get black screen? only the cursor changes and thats it :/

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
guys i need help..i downloaded better repack 11 extracted it...and when i start i get black screen? only the cursor changes and thats it :/
there's a common issue that corrupts the part download. If you used that, that's likely your issue.
Otherwise you'll probably need to provide PC specs for people to be able to help you.
Enabling console logs in initsettings.exe and sharing them would also be helpful.
Some other people just can't get the game to work though...hope you're not one of them

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hey so does the Optional Sideloader Modpack contain the original game or do I have to install the all in one dx r11 one aswell
Additional to MrBeastie: the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio is a modpack ONLY for StudioNEO, you can´t use this in the game itself.
The game is embedded in the BetterRepack (now version R11), this is about 55GB to download.

As I know the "All in One" package is the BetterRepack+Sideloader Modpack Studio, but to play the game you only need the BetterRepack

Reactions: ChubbyCheek

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hey everyone

appreciate your help
So far as I know there are no more maps for the game scenes available. These rooms have to interact with the figures in the H-Scenes.
You can use extra maps for StudioNEO or background images for Chara creator.

Reactions: bigcover22
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes