turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
optional sideloader modpack have a full game inside??
Full name "Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio" says it´s only a (big) modpack exclusively for StudioNEO.
For the game you need "BetterRepack", this includes the game, tons of mods for the game and StudioNEO with some base mods.

Alternatively you have the Steam version of the base game, and a modpack called SB3 Patch.
So far I know the Steam version is coming without StudioNEO.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
What is VMDs o_O
Further to Whiney's reply, as an example, this post in the Scene thread runs MMD Dircetor
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9672281

It contains a VMD file for the dance motion of the character.
One scene can have multiple characters using different VMD files, so doing different movement.
Also there is often a VMD file for the camera motion as well (not in this scene though as I ran out of time to get it sorted).
You can then add a music file as well and MMD Director or older MMD wraps all the different elements up.

It's fun if you like music and can find a suitable dance routine and song.

• Love
Reactions: Mr-Fox and turbojoe

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Does anyone know a website to download VMDs from?
Sometimes they hidden in Scenes, so you can download some from Kenzato Booru, Bepis DB and Yuki Portal.
For isolated VMD files the best option I could find was searching on DeviantArt. Some contain only links to YouTube to see the end product, but some contain VMD files you can download.
Best of luck

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Further to Whiney's reply, as an example, this post in the Scene thread runs MMD Dircetor
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-9672281

It contains a VMD file for the dance motion of the character.
One scene can have multiple characters using different VMD files, so doing different movement.
Also there is often a VMD file for the camera motion as well (not in this scene though as I ran out of time to get it sorted).
You can then add a music file as well and MMD Director or older MMD wraps all the different elements up.

It's fun if you like music and can find a suitable dance routine and song.
Thanks for the enlightenment :D
StudioNEO is still an area 51 for me, never found time to deepen myself into this tool :rolleyes:

sky4831352

Dec 28, 2022
hi, sry im new here , im kinda confuse with the screwthisnoise files to download, the normal full patch and the steam patch, if i download the full steam patch with sideloader modpack i can just extract and play the game right?? no need to buy from steam and can load the AI shoujo character card in game??

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
hi, sry im new here , im kinda confuse with the screwthisnoise files to download, the normal full patch and the steam patch, if i download the full steam patch with sideloader modpack i can just extract and play the game right?? no need to buy from steam and can load the AI shoujo character card in game??
First read some posts above https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9720759 and a page before https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9715909 ;)
If special questions are left feel free to ask again.

sky4831352

Dec 28, 2022
hmm after read all so i think?? the steam version with modpack can direct load the AI shoujo character card?? o_O i still confuse bout the optional studioNEO mod pack ( the one he mention about the 91GB big mod files) and the steam mod pack ( the SB3 patch ) , sry for my bad english

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
How can I place an image inside Neo studio v2 as it is in the image... View attachment 2272384
HI!
I guess, you sellect the item, in this case, TV set, Now go to "Material editor" and find the texture. Select "Import new", and upload the picture you want. I think it has to be te accurate measure so you don't have issues like crop picture, upscaled or downscaled, etc.
Sorry my bad english xD

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
hmm after read all so i think?? the steam version with modpack can direct load the AI shoujo character card?? o_O i still confuse bout the optional studioNEO mod pack ( the one he mention about the 91GB big mod files) and the steam mod pack ( the SB3 patch ) , sry for my bad english
Ok - once again to write down: you have two options to get HoneySelect 2

1 - you download the BetterRepack (now version R15) ~ 68GB for free, that is the original japanese game with the english translation from Steam, a big modpack (only for game.......clothes, hairpacks, skins, makeups etc) and the StudioNEO base version to create scenes for pictures, animations, even hentai stories.
ONLY usable for StudioNEO is the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio ~ 190GB - you can skip this first if you only want the game for the beginning.

2 - if you buy the game on Steam you only get a (censored!) base version. To bring it to the mod level of BetterRepack you need the SB3 Patch (same author as BetterRepack: ScrewThisNoise): normal edition with uncensor + few mods, full edition same amount of mods as BetterRepack at level R11. As I know StudioNEO is not included.

The first download address for all is here , you have to choose your game pack on the left side and get several links to download.

Alternatively you find download links here on page 1 - the Steam version is only the "normal edition" with less mods, the All-In-One (DX R14 Base Game Repack) is the same as the BetterRepack from ScrewThisNoise.

You can use most AI cards in HS2 - no matter if BetterRepack or Steam - , but sometimes need a little tweaking, cuz newer mods don´t work in both games any more.

It is strongly recommended to download via torrent, the install (only extracting) of 1 big .7z file is easy. The extracting splitted packs (actually 15 parts) is a little tricky and there is more chance getting corrupted files.
Little install guide here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r14-illusion.53457/post-7591731

Edit: updated to newest versions

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

1 - you download the BetterRepack (now version R11) ~ 55GB for free, that is the original japanese game with the english translation from Steam, a big modpack (only for game.......clothes, hairpacks, skins, makeups etc) and the StudioNEO base version to create scenes for pictures, animations, even hentai stories.
ONLY usable for StudioNEO is the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio ~ 115GB - you can skip this first if you only want the game for the beginning.

2 - if you buy the game on Steam you only get a base version. To bring it to the mod level of BetterRepack you need the SB3 Patch (same author as BetterRepack: ScrewThisNoise): normal pack with few mods (e.g. Uncensor), full pack same amount of mods as BetterRepack. As I know StudioNEO is not included.

The first download address for all is here , you have to choose your game pack on the left side and get several links to download.

You can use most AI cards in HS2 - no matter if BetterRepack or Steam - , but sometimes need a little tweaking, cuz newer mods don´t work in both games any more.
HS2 Has been gain popularity lately.

This info should be a "Pinned post" or something. :ROFLMAO:

sky4831352

Dec 28, 2022

1 - you download the BetterRepack (now version R11) ~ 55GB for free, that is the original japanese game with the english translation from Steam, a big modpack (only for game.......clothes, hairpacks, skins, makeups etc) and the StudioNEO base version to create scenes for pictures, animations, even hentai stories.
ONLY usable for StudioNEO is the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio ~ 115GB - you can skip this first if you only want the game for the beginning.

2 - if you buy the game on Steam you only get a base version. To bring it to the mod level of BetterRepack you need the SB3 Patch (same author as BetterRepack: ScrewThisNoise): normal pack with few mods (e.g. Uncensor), full pack same amount of mods as BetterRepack. As I know StudioNEO is not included.

Thanks for helping and sry to bothering u. i kinda understand bout the2 packs already but 1 more question if i using the SB3 patch and put the AI card wont have glitch or error like missing clothes and hairstsyle?? since u say the StudioNeo is not include

Pepe97XD

Mar 23, 2021
HI!
I guess, you sellect the item, in this case, TV set, Now go to "Material editor" and find the texture. Select "Import new", and upload the picture you want. I think it has to be te accurate measure so you don't have issues like crop picture, upscaled or downscaled, etc.
Sorry my bad english xD
Thank you very much Bro....

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for helping and sry to bothering u. i kinda understand bout the2 packs already but 1 more question if i using the SB3 patch and put the AI card wont have glitch or error like missing clothes and hairstsyle?? since u say the StudioNeo is not include
If you have the Steam version + the full SB3 patch you have the same as the original japanese game with BetterRepack, so most AI cards should work.

The StudioNEO is an own thing to create scenes and pictures, have nothing to do with the game (excepting you can load your game cards into it).

You can either start the game or the Studio
InitSetting-R11.jpg

derpdude115

Mar 12, 2020
I got all 15 parts, then extracted etc, I try launching it but it just a black screen and when I try doing anything, just says program not responding.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes