Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
After playing for 30-40 min, I think this will probably be another 'ignore' for me, which is really sad as the Dev seems to be both level-headed with response to comments and criticisms and trying to genuinely make a mature story (a combination I wish we saw more of).

That being said, as someone who played with "NTR off", I got the overall feeling that the game was designed for 'NTR on' with the 'off' option being shoe-horned in. Maybe this was not the intent, but it is how it appeared to me (to be fair this is also an early version).

I truly appreciate the effort invested by the Dev towards the non-NTR crowd (as will likely be evident by the length of this post), but it seems like they want a focused NTR (or free love/sharing/open relationship.... whatever) game and are trying to make a game path that the non-NTR crowd will enjoy (to increase player-base? $upport? Both?).

I doubt that this will work as many of the non-NTR players are pretty much "Only Mc's Dick" type players and unless you can provide a playthrough that allows for that, you are going to constantly be dealing with the whole NTR shit-storm (not really NTR by the Japanese definition, sure, but it is the nomenclature that we use around f95). This will be compounded by and made all the more intense by the use of the 'harem' tag.

I AM NOT suggesting this but I imagine that IF (hypothetically), if you made an option that removed all sexual situations not directly involving the MC and somehow were able to provide a cohesive set of story elements that caused this "only MC route" to make sense (storywise), you would have very little sexual content remaining AND/OR be very far from your original story/vision for the game.

My suggestion (and I am biased towards "Only MC/No-NTR/Sharing" style of games, is to just make this a game that has the NTR content that you want in it. Remove the "No NTR" Switch as it really doesn't stop the type of content that the "No NTR Crowd" doesn't want to see. Many players will think that it is disingenuous, as the game's introduction is literally unavoidable (skippable, yes. avoidable, no.) NTR. Badly written or out of place? I don't think so, it's a plot element that is used to spur the story on. However, 1 instance of unavoidable NTR is enough to make a lier of the 'No-NTR' switch in the minds of some, regardless of caveats.

The real issue with this "No-NTR Switch" is what it doesn't seem to stop. That is the constant, and consistent sexual situations involving 'other males', this is again compounded by 'other males with harem members/MC Li's'. The majority of the harem/no-ntr crowd is never going to accept this, and worse they will probably think the developer is baiting them with the 'no-ntr' switch.

For reference Dev, here are my (completely scientific and not made up) general observation of how the majority of the No-NTR/Only MC crowd (they are pretty much the same thing) thinks;

Example;
The typical (logical/realism) arguments from a Dev -----> Harem/No-NTR/Only MC player's mental rebuttal.

She had a history before MC ------> Ok, Don't want to see it, or discuss it, don't need 'sexual scenes' of it.

She had a partner when MC met her ----> Ok, now she has met MC/MC wants her, the old relationship now ends without further sexual contact.

She ... reason, reason, story point, reason, explanation, reason, etc ---> Ok, as the writer you created this situation, you can now create the solution that doesn't require sexual contact beyond the MC.

I am going into a lot of detail on this post/subject because I want to be very clear in the hope that this will help in aiding the developer to make their game, their way.

The developer seems to like the NTR/sharing/sexually open/everyone doing everyone/free love, style of game. Where every love interest has a pre-existing or current relationship. The developer also seems to enjoy depicting the love interests as being sexually active outside of and in situations that do not involve the MC.

While I personally do not share this preference, I can understand and respect it.

With that being said, I don't think a game that focuses on these elements will win many $upporters from the 'No-NTR/ Only MC' crowd. So I wonder if it's even worth the developer's time or effort to bother with trying to code/story/ implement a 'No NTR switch/path' that isn't likely to be of much value to the 'No-NTR/ Only Mc' crowd....(at least if the game includes the 'other males' content while the switch is active)

Maybe I am having extra issues explaining? English seems harder today :)?

The Developer should focus on making what they want, this game the developer appears to want to focus on a more 'everyone is sexually active with other people' type of story (which is absolutely fine and their choice). That said, the "no-ntr/only mc" crowd isn't really going to play a game where harem members have other lovers (at least the majority of them will not).

I don't know if it would be worth the developer's time (or the difficulty it will impose) to actually try and make a path/story/play through that has both the harem elements (MC gets all the LI's) and avoids the 'other males'.

IF the developer does think it's worth their time my suggestion would be to change the concept of the 'No NTR' switch to a broader 'Only MC' switch and have that switch coded to avoid all (LI-based) sexual content that does also involves the MC as the only male participant...

Hope this long-winded insight is able to offer you some value Dev.
Best of luck!

Just like this. This text is exactly how haters think about these things. MC dick only if there is a harem game and if there is an NTR switch then then no other men are visible. It doesn’t matter if women have a boyfriend / husband but as long as it’s not fucking shown in the game it’s enough. WOMEN DO NOT NEED TO BE VIRGINS BUT WE DON’T WANT TO SEE THEY HAVE SEX WITH OTHERS IN THE GAME. That last sentence is hell hard to figure out for NTR lovers.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Just like this. This text is exactly how haters think about these things. MC dick only if there is a harem game and if there is an NTR switch then then no other men are visible. It doesn’t matter if women have a boyfriend / husband but as long as it’s not fucking shown in the game it’s enough. WOMEN DO NOT NEED TO BE VIRGINS BUT WE DON’T WANT TO SEE THEY HAVE SEX WITH OTHERS IN THE GAME. That last sentence is hell hard to figure out for NTR lovers.
exactly. For now I will not download it. I'll be back for a few updates and review the comments. It will be very easy. If by then the comments of the players have disappeared, no ntr is that the game has followed the path by which it seems that it has begun to have to watch everyone fuck everyone in the best of cases (ntr off) . This has already happened in many games that it seems that as the people of non-ntr abandon them and no longer comment, it is as if the problem was no longer there when it is simply that the players do not ntr we have left the game

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
After playing for 30-40 min, I think this will probably be another 'ignore' for me, which is really sad as the Dev seems to be both level-headed with response to comments and criticisms and trying to genuinely make a mature story (a combination I wish we saw more of).

That being said, as someone who played with "NTR off", I got the overall feeling that the game was designed for 'NTR on' with the 'off' option being shoe-horned in. Maybe this was not the intent, but it is how it appeared to me (to be fair this is also an early version).

I truly appreciate the effort invested by the Dev towards the non-NTR crowd (as will likely be evident by the length of this post), but it seems like they want a focused NTR (or free love/sharing/open relationship.... whatever) game and are trying to make a game path that the non-NTR crowd will enjoy (to increase player-base? $upport? Both?).

I doubt that this will work as many of the non-NTR players are pretty much "Only Mc's Dick" type players and unless you can provide a playthrough that allows for that, you are going to constantly be dealing with the whole NTR shit-storm (not really NTR by the Japanese definition, sure, but it is the nomenclature that we use around f95). This will be compounded by and made all the more intense by the use of the 'harem' tag.

I AM NOT suggesting this but I imagine that IF (hypothetically), if you made an option that removed all sexual situations not directly involving the MC and somehow were able to provide a cohesive set of story elements that caused this "only MC route" to make sense (storywise), you would have very little sexual content remaining AND/OR be very far from your original story/vision for the game.

My suggestion (and I am biased towards "Only MC/No-NTR/Sharing" style of games, is to just make this a game that has the NTR content that you want in it. Remove the "No NTR" Switch as it really doesn't stop the type of content that the "No NTR Crowd" doesn't want to see. Many players will think that it is disingenuous, as the game's introduction is literally unavoidable (skippable, yes. avoidable, no.) NTR. Badly written or out of place? I don't think so, it's a plot element that is used to spur the story on. However, 1 instance of unavoidable NTR is enough to make a lier of the 'No-NTR' switch in the minds of some, regardless of caveats.

The real issue with this "No-NTR Switch" is what it doesn't seem to stop. That is the constant, and consistent sexual situations involving 'other males', this is again compounded by 'other males with harem members/MC Li's'. The majority of the harem/no-ntr crowd is never going to accept this, and worse they will probably think the developer is baiting them with the 'no-ntr' switch.

For reference Dev, here are my (completely scientific and not made up) general observation of how the majority of the No-NTR/Only MC crowd (they are pretty much the same thing) thinks;

Example;
The typical (logical/realism) arguments from a Dev -----> Harem/No-NTR/Only MC player's mental rebuttal.

She had a history before MC ------> Ok, Don't want to see it, or discuss it, don't need 'sexual scenes' of it.

She had a partner when MC met her ----> Ok, now she has met MC/MC wants her, the old relationship now ends without further sexual contact.

She ... reason, reason, story point, reason, explanation, reason, etc ---> Ok, as the writer you created this situation, you can now create the solution that doesn't require sexual contact beyond the MC.

I am going into a lot of detail on this post/subject because I want to be very clear in the hope that this will help in aiding the developer to make their game, their way.

The developer seems to like the NTR/sharing/sexually open/everyone doing everyone/free love, style of game. Where every love interest has a pre-existing or current relationship. The developer also seems to enjoy depicting the love interests as being sexually active outside of and in situations that do not involve the MC.

While I personally do not share this preference, I can understand and respect it.

With that being said, I don't think a game that focuses on these elements will win many $upporters from the 'No-NTR/ Only MC' crowd. So I wonder if it's even worth the developer's time or effort to bother with trying to code/story/ implement a 'No NTR switch/path' that isn't likely to be of much value to the 'No-NTR/ Only Mc' crowd....(at least if the game includes the 'other males' content while the switch is active)

Maybe I am having extra issues explaining? English seems harder today :)?

The Developer should focus on making what they want, this game the developer appears to want to focus on a more 'everyone is sexually active with other people' type of story (which is absolutely fine and their choice). That said, the "no-ntr/only mc" crowd isn't really going to play a game where harem members have other lovers (at least the majority of them will not).

I don't know if it would be worth the developer's time (or the difficulty it will impose) to actually try and make a path/story/play through that has both the harem elements (MC gets all the LI's) and avoids the 'other males'.

IF the developer does think it's worth their time my suggestion would be to change the concept of the 'No NTR' switch to a broader 'Only MC' switch and have that switch coded to avoid all (LI-based) sexual content that does also involves the MC as the only male participant...

Hope this long-winded insight is able to offer you some value Dev.
Best of luck!
Aaaaaand done! :p Seriously though, I appreciate you making the effort to explain your opions in detail.

You make some very valid points and I respect where you are coming from. I am explicitly aware of the problems the game presents in it's current form, and understand completely why some of the hard core, no-ntr crowd is upset.
I would like to re-iterate the fact that this is still extremely early in development and believe it or not, I have read and taken consideration of everybody who's opinions have been voiced.
I realise that the state of the game right now can appear frustrating and perhaps even come across as deceptive. This is not our intent. Nor is it our intent to leave it in such a state.

Our goal here is to write a good story. And hopefully by the time we're done, people will like the tale we've told. Thing is, this takes time. And we're not going to get all our ducks in a row right off the bat.

One thing I will say is that we will be focussing heavily on making sure the NTR toggle does it's job. There are certainly ways in which the story can progress without NTR, and we'll tell it.
Appealing to both crowds isn't as much about the revenue that may or may not come of it, we just want a wider range of people to enjoy our game. Am I saying I don't care about the money? No, of course not. But the story comes first.

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Hmm trying to please 2 sides when its obvious this game was created to be a NTR lovers paradise,where have i seen this before? Dont wanna sound like a dick but i'll give this one 2-3 more updates before it gets abandoned.I havent seen a single developer who knows how to write,balance and equaly produce content for both sides. Its not gonna end well.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Hmm trying to please 2 sides when its obvious this game was created to be a NTR lovers paradise,where have i seen this before? Dont wanna sound like a dick but i'll give this one 2-3 more updates before it gets abandoned.I havent seen a single developer who knows how to write,balance and equaly produce content for both sides. Its not gonna end well.
I can understand why you would assume that. But as much as it would be a shame for the non-ntr crowd to dislike what we end up doing with the game, we'll finish it regardless.

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
I honestly expected all the facepalms I got from the uneducated douchebags on this site that have no fucking clue what true NTR is; Netori, you steal girls from other guys, Netorare they steal girls from you. This place though, thinks that if any girl in any game gets a dick in her that isn't the MC's for whatever reason is NTR (netorare) which is just plain stupid! Taka@LumphornGames your game shadows real life, don't let the feeble minded tell you what to do! As long as there is an out, like the punch in the alley we are all good (all though the punch would have been better timed before Jackson's insertion even though it worked out in the end) [and the curdled milk]

ps: thanks for the pee scene, should probably add the urination tag...

Last edited:

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I honestly expected all the facepalms I got from the uneducated douchebags on this site that have no fucking clue what true NTR is; Netori, you steal girls from other guys, Netorare they steal girls from you. This place though, thinks that if any girl in any game gets a dick in her that isn't the MC's for whatever reason is NTR (netorare) which is just plain stupid! Taka@LumphornGames your game shadows real life, don't let the feeble minded tell you what to do! As long as there is an out, like the punch in the alley we are all good (all though the punch would have been better timed before Jackson's insertion even though it worked out in the end)
Heh! Thank you. And just to be clear, I've already ammened that scene so you can do just that. It'll be in the next update :)

• Love
Reactions: Weasel_Face

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I do have to admit, I'm a little confused as to why there are so many comments about the character's faces.
Perhaps if there is something in particular you could elaborate on? Admittedly a couple of the girls in the screenshots are wearing excessive makeup, and some none at all.
If there's something specific that people really think should be changed I would genuinely like to know. If it's something that I agree could or should be fixed I would consider it.
apparently no one gave a decent explanation. so here's what i see wrong with some of the models. at least based on the preview pics

some of these girls look like they had some bad plastic surgery. id honestly narrow it down to a facelift. their faces just seem to tight that whenever they make any expression it seems like they're doing something maniacal.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the chick on the left for example looks like a skeletal demon monkey. the girl in the middle looks like someone is their 50's trying to be 18. and some of the look anorexic but not by much.

strangely enough here she doesnt look to bad. reminds me of ripley from Alien though. from the face at least.

the preview with the two redheads look decent but havent seen their faces so cant say much. but from the back they dont look anorexic.

then you have this one she's the one who basically made me use the bad face lift analogy. could be the makeup though. straight up looks like a crack whore.

keep in mind this is somewhat what most people are used to dealing with. this is somewhat in the middle. not the best no nowhere near the worst.

i cant say much else since i havent tried the game yet. The comments on the NTR intro and future LI's getting it on with other kinda throws me off.

Reactions: hr17

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
apparently no one gave a decent explanation. so here's what i see wrong with some of the models. at least based on the preview pics

some of these girls look like they had some bad plastic surgery. id honestly narrow it down to a facelift. their faces just seem to tight that whenever they make any expression it seems like they're doing something maniacal.

the chick on the left for example looks like a skeletal demon monkey. the girl in the middle looks like someone is their 50's trying to be 18. and some of the look anorexic but not by much.

strangely enough here she doesnt look to bad. reminds me of ripley from Alien though. from the face at least.

the preview with the two redheads look decent but havent seen their faces so cant say much. but from the back they dont look anorexic.

then you have this one she's the one who basically made me use the bad face lift analogy. could be the makeup though. straight up looks like a crack whore.

keep in mind this is somewhat what most people are used to dealing with. this is somewhat in the middle. not the best no nowhere near the worst.

i cant say much else since i havent tried the game yet. The comments on the NTR intro and future LI's getting it on with other kinda throws me off.
Thank you for actually elaborating :)
"straight up looks like a crack whore." - In fairness, you're at least half right. She is a whore.

I'll pay closer attention to makeup and posing for future scenes and see how it goes. One thing I won't do is change the models themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Macwip and Look-see

evalf

May 26, 2019
I can understand why you would assume that. But as much as it would be a shame for the non-ntr crowd to dislike what we end up doing with the game, we'll finish it regardless.
Men do better than women Hope the next version has facial improvements! NTR Very good hope Intensify efforts to Hundreds of harem geme Tired of playing
I'm a Vulcan Live long and prosper ZG2RNC[IU[BVJ7)@SKVN615.png

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
heres a thought,if devs were not subjected to all this fetish bashing and just allowed to make the game they want less would fail.every time those three little words appear people froth at the mouth and have to let everyone else know.its about time we all grow up and let devs get on with making the game they want and stop whinning about fetishes we dont like.
best of luck going forward dev:)(y)

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.7.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.7.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.5]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.5]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Fair enough that there is basicly only ntr in the intro so far ... just saying seeing alot of the women already being banged by random dudes not even their bfs.. is a immediate way to not include.them in the harem... since the women not only bang their hubby or bf but even strangers when they under that drug.... so they not even relationship or harem.worthy anymore... and just from.this update alone that is already at least 5 or 6 women that dont make the harem cut... well unless u into swingers lifestyle and the likes...

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
Great start, really like this game for the reality of it. Not every girl is a supermodel and sometimes girls can't break away from pieces of shit! In my own life I know of girls staying with physically abusive boyfriends cause "when they aren't drunk, they're sweethearts"... Stick my finger down my own throat when I hear that but it's all too true... This ain't a game about NTR or harems, it's about real life...

3.30 star(s) 58 Votes