Others [HotSoupProcessor] Rascou Games

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Hello, I am on working on this as my next project to translate all of Rascou's games. I am extremely close to translating all of them (99% basically done). The problem is that the game needs either a wordwrap, or font change entirely as the text goes off the screen a lot and is way too big. If anyone knows hot soup processor code, I tried sticking in a font change command in editor but it crashes the game. I suspect there is font code embedded within the .exe of the game, but when I use resourcehacker, nothing points me to an editable script. Either rascou is using some FBI level tech here, or, there is some japanese software that I do not have. Please help.

I do not know how to capture the rasbook and text messages either, would love to hear a solution.

This is the circle:

tupaiii

Jun 28, 2021
Hello can you share the method to extract .dpm file......... if possible the way to repack to .dpm file too.......... thanks. I want to try translate rascou game to but seem cannot to extract the script file using GarBro.... but i can extract other file that contain cg and audio..... but i can extract script for their newest game using GarBro....

tupaiii

Jun 28, 2021
nvm i got it now.... and I also didn't manage to translate the messages script because the game will crash (but i manage to translate some messages and some will crash the game) ..... the game that i working now is Toaru Fuufu no Hensai Kenkaku now able to translate up to messages on 26 july...... if you have translation file for this game... do you mind to share it with me.... i want to focus on messages and cg translation....thanks

Last edited:

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
I believe there is tread dedicated to Korean translation , maybe you'll find something useful there, they mess with .ax file.

Also here is another to pack/unpack Rascou games' files.

tupaiii

Jun 28, 2021
I believe there is tread dedicated to Korean translation , maybe you'll find something useful there, they mess with .ax file.

Thanks for this..... I manage to translate text message somehow but i still dont know how to change font size to make sure the text dialogue dont go out of text box....

tupaiii

Jun 28, 2021

A little progress... I manage to change the font but still dont know how to change the font size...... maybe will give it a little bit try

Reactions: Monoarticuler123

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
I completely forgot about this game, but yes I still have not been able to figure out the font size change, but that is not the important bit. There is a critical problem with rascou's engine games in hot soup processor. For some reason, the game does not allow more than 3 lines per window, or else the game will crash. It's almost impossible to fit all the words and wordwrap this correctly into the windows, so if anyone knows how to decompile hot soup processor, I need a way to eliminate that 3 lines per window.

Somewhere in the game's files there is a setting a certain font and number of lines. We need to find and eliminate this.

Additionally, the font is determined in the game, it's not in the suzie files. I don't know where or how to change it exactly, but again, it's stuck somewhere in the .exe I suspect.

Lastly, I cannot figure how to translate rasbook. For some reason the rasbook freezes and crashes if any of the @ text is changed.

Again just an update from me. I gave up on rasbook if anyone knows how.

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017

OH man this was very helpful! So in that thread, those guys actually made a custom extractor, but it only works for korean language. The guy made it himself I guess, pretty smart. However, I now know that the font is stored in start.ax
I previously didn't think it was this file because the internet says a .ax file is a media or video file. I don't think any text was stored, but clearly that korean guy did it in the thread.

With that said, I just need to find a tool that can extract start.ax into text.

Still no word or idea about the rascou stuff.

Reactions: DarkFlame22

DarkFlame22

Sep 1, 2017
OH man this was very helpful! So in that thread, those guys actually made a custom extractor, but it only works for korean language. The guy made it himself I guess, pretty smart. However, I now know that the font is stored in start.ax
I previously didn't think it was this file because the internet says a .ax file is a media or video file. I don't think any text was stored, but clearly that korean guy did it in the thread.

With that said, I just need to find a tool that can extract start.ax into text.

Still no word or idea about the rascou stuff.
Hello, i just discovered the masterpieces of Rascou, and immediately searched for a translation in english, i found this thread. At what point of the translation are you? i found that you had a problem about finding a tool that extract start.ax into text, maybe I can help.

Reactions: wasd123333

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Hello, i just discovered the masterpieces of Rascou, and immediately searched for a translation in english, i found this thread. At what point of the translation are you? i found that you had a problem about finding a tool that extract start.ax into text, maybe I can help.
The way I do all my translations is using RedSugoi MTL. I don't do hand manual translations because RedSugoi is pretty damn good, better than DeepL now. It is far superior than google/bing/regular sugoi so I use this. With that said, I have been stuck with rascou games with all my translations complete (I can do 1 game a day). The problem is that I could never figure out how to wordwrap or change the font in the game. It always runs off and the game for some reason is coded to only allow 3 lines of conversation. If there is 4, the game will crash.

I couldn't find where any of these settings were until that Korean post above showed that all the settings were stored in start.ax. I am very frustrated by this because start.ax is a very tiny filesize and I didn't think much of it. Additionally, google says its a video file, which made me dismiss it even more.

Now I know that the solution is to find a way to convert the start.ax to a text format, or at least find some way to be able to edit it. The guy in the Korean thread made his tool custom to only one of rascou's games. Even more unfortunate is that he has to custom code for each game separately, so there is no universal tool to translate all of rascou's games.

If you can find me a way to edit the start.ax into text or anything at all, I would be glad to share my translations. I only use translator++ and redsugoi

Lastly, LIME and the in-game texts seem impossible to translate. I have tried only editing one sentence and the whole thing made the game crash. Literally it must have tons of coding in it or settings. Again, could be start.ax

And also yes racsou is so freaking good in his milf shota works I hope he continues yukari

DarkFlame22

Sep 1, 2017
The way I do all my translations is using RedSugoi MTL. I don't do hand manual translations because RedSugoi is pretty damn good, better than DeepL now. It is far superior than google/bing/regular sugoi so I use this. With that said, I have been stuck with rascou games with all my translations complete (I can do 1 game a day). The problem is that I could never figure out how to wordwrap or change the font in the game. It always runs off and the game for some reason is coded to only allow 3 lines of conversation. If there is 4, the game will crash.

I couldn't find where any of these settings were until that Korean post above showed that all the settings were stored in start.ax. I am very frustrated by this because start.ax is a very tiny filesize and I didn't think much of it. Additionally, google says its a video file, which made me dismiss it even more.

Now I know that the solution is to find a way to convert the start.ax to a text format, or at least find some way to be able to edit it. The guy in the Korean thread made his tool custom to only one of rascou's games. Even more unfortunate is that he has to custom code for each game separately, so there is no universal tool to translate all of rascou's games.

If you can find me a way to edit the start.ax into text or anything at all, I would be glad to share my translations. I only use translator++ and redsugoi

Lastly, LIME and the in-game texts seem impossible to translate. I have tried only editing one sentence and the whole thing made the game crash. Literally it must have tons of coding in it or settings. Again, could be start.ax

And also yes racsou is so freaking good in his milf shota works I hope he continues yukari
Yeah I totally agree, the Yukari serie is one of the TOP!

Anyway i tried one or two things, I don't know what exactly is needed to be found in order to change that settings, but did you try to change the .ax extension to .txt and then opening it as a normal txt file? I tried and it gives me all a sort of settings / commands like of the game, I can recognize the circled number from the game and other familiars text.

So I don't know if it can be helpful to you, anyway I'll keep searching for other infos

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Yeah I totally agree, the Yukari serie is one of the TOP!

Anyway i tried one or two things, I don't know what exactly is needed to be found in order to change that settings, but did you try to change the .ax extension to .txt and then opening it as a normal txt file? I tried and it gives me all a sort of settings / commands like of the game, I can recognize the circled number from the game and other familiars text.

So I don't know if it can be helpful to you, anyway I'll keep searching for other infos
Haha yes but unfortunately that does not work. I wish it did then I would be so happy. Thank you I appreciate the help. These rascou games are my top priority so I am even willing to pay someone to find me a solution.

DarkFlame22

Sep 1, 2017
Haha yes but unfortunately that does not work. I wish it did then I would be so happy. Thank you I appreciate the help. These rascou games are my top priority so I am even willing to pay someone to find me a solution.
Yeah me too, did you try to contact someone from the korean forum about these games? Maybe they know something.

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
nvm i got it now.... and I also didn't manage to translate the messages script because the game will crash (but i manage to translate some messages and some will crash the game) ..... the game that i working now is Toaru Fuufu no Hensai Kenkaku now able to translate up to messages on 26 july...... if you have translation file for this game... do you mind to share it with me.... i want to focus on messages and cg translation....thanks
How did you manage to translate the lime messages? Did you get everything? Because one panel will be translated, but if you click another panel the game will crash.

Also, I don't mind sharing translation file but it's pointless right now because we don't have a way of making the game work. The game only accepts 3 lines and there is heavy word run off. It needs word wrap badly. The problem is that all these settings are stored in start.ax and we can't find a solution to make start.ax text and back. This is the final step we are so close but to no avail :(

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Yeah me too, did you try to contact someone from the korean forum about these games? Maybe they know something.
I do not know how to navigate those forums or type in korean. I may try but that post you linked is from 2021 so I think most people there are long gone

DarkFlame22

Sep 1, 2017
I do not know how to navigate those forums or type in korean. I may try but that post you linked is from 2021 so I think most people there are long gone
Now I'm talking with a friend of mine that is very good with computer and has a lot of knowledge also from the chinese. He found that in a forum they translated the game in chinese, so i asked him if he could do some reverse engineering on the chinese version of the game

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Now I'm talking with a friend of mine that is very good with computer and has a lot of knowledge also from the chinese. He found that in a forum they translated the game in chinese, so i asked him if he could do some reverse engineering on the chinese version of the game
Chinese always get the best stuff :cry:.Us english readers always get the last straw :(

That would be great, if anything if he could share how they translated the game too that would be very welcome

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
So i registered and reached out to that forum. Surprisingly, that forum has a lot of really good tools, even for translating yuris and wolf engine, it looks like a gold mine! Except I can't understand anythign since it's all in korean. I reached out to that developer so hopefully he messages me back. I am also reaching out to Shisaye because perhaps he can give us a fresh perspective of how to approach this.

DarkFlame22

Sep 1, 2017
So i registered and reached out to that forum. Surprisingly, that forum has a lot of really good tools, even for translating yuris and wolf engine, it looks like a gold mine! Except I can't understand anythign since it's all in korean. I reached out to that developer so hopefully he messages me back. I am also reaching out to Shisaye because perhaps he can give us a fresh perspective of how to approach this.
Nice! If I have new informations from my friend I'll tell you right away

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Nice! If I have new informations from my friend I'll tell you right away
Shisaye was able to figure it out by using ToolforHSP, this tool and succesffully got the text. However, there is a big misstep I realized. The way the dev uses this software is using hanja.txt, which is a dictionary that converts all japanese kanji to korean kanji. He has nothing for English. Therefore, even if we were to find a way to convert it, we don't have an English dictionary.

At this point, I think the best way is to research how to change just font style for hotsoupprocessor.