incog44

Jan 5, 2021
This game has never been free.

Maybe stop commenting now. Everyone is laughing at you.
He's talking about how they're now charging $5 to uncensor the game, when the DLC has always been free. Those who have it on Steam and have previously downloaded the DLC won't have to pay but it's still shitty. IMO they're already going to be releasing a paid Doja Cat DLC in the fall. Taking away something that has always been free is greedy as hell. But this will only affect new purchases unless you forgot to download/add/install whatever the fuck you want to call it.

Good thing you guys have me and don't have to worry about paying for shit. Fuck them. I've been on their discord and am not a fan of basically any mod on there. Don is the only reasonable person to talk to (and maybe Peter who definitely lurks this thread).

Last edited:
Reactions: Draintheswamp

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
He's talking about how they're now charging $5 to uncensor the game, when the DLC has always been free. Those who have it on Steam and have previously downloaded the DLC won't have to pay but it's still shitty. IMO they're already going to be releasing a paid Doja Cat DLC in the fall. Taking away something that has always been free is greedy as hell. But this will only affect new purchases unless you forgot to download it.
That depends a bit on the point of view.
First of all, "always" is incorrect. The DLC didn't even exist from the start.

The DRM free uncensored versions on itch.io and gamejolt cost 25$.

The Steam version came later, and was split into censored version and uncensor DLC. The Steam version was sold for 20$, the DLC was free, but they said from the beginning, that at some point they would charge for it.
Now the DLC costs now 5$, that means that on GOG and Steam you pay exactly the same as for the uncensored version on itch.io.

"...unless you forgot to download it" You didn't need to download it, but yes, during these years you had to unlock it - once.
If one didn't bother during these years, why start now? New buyers of course now pay the full price.

But guys ... really. With 25$ this is one of the cheaper adult games out there. Pay once, get updates for 5 years. About how many other games can you say that?

And it's by far better than most other adult 3d games, there are not many anyway. What else is there? illusion seems to have stopped making such games, but they were never really good anyway, just f*** simulators and hardly run on modern systems anyway. Bonetown was ok, but it aged badly.

Reactions: DorinusObsidian

incog44

Jan 5, 2021

The Steam version came later, and was split into censored version and uncensor DLC. The Steam version was sold for 20$, the DLC was free, but they said from the beginning, that at some point they would charge for it.
Now the DLC costs now 5$, that means that on GOG and Steam you pay exactly the same as for the uncensored version on itch.io.

"...unless you forgot to download it" You didn't need to download it, but yes, during these years you had to unlock it - once.
If one didn't bother during these years, why start now? New buyers of course now pay the full price.

But guys ... really. With 25$ this is one of the cheaper adult games out there. Pay once, get updates for 5 years. About how many other games can you say that?

And it's by far better than most other adult 3d games, there are not many anyway. What else is there? illusion seems to have stopped making such games, but they were never really good anyway, just f*** simulators and hardly run on modern systems anyway. Bonetown was ok, but it aged badly.
False it's $30 on Itch and $25 on Steam now not including the $5 Explicit DLC. Just correcting you there. Also, Gamejolt does not sell lewd games anymore. Even though it is listed I believe it's the fully censored version now.

I'm also aware you didn't need to download it. You just had to add the DLC to Steam by clicking on the button that said "download". But it didn't really download anything just unlocked nudity and linked the DLC to your steam account.

Last edited:

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
But it didn't really download anything just unlocked nudity and linked the DLC to your steam account.
Guess I'll correct you here. They have been transitioning all of the adult scenes into cutscenes, and those cutscenes have always been ONLY in the uncensored patch. You are incorrect that nothing is being downloaded. The Explicit DLC now downloads a bunch of stuff for each character as well as their new textures, and takes the existing cutscenes that exist in the base version of the game, and replaces them with the extended explicit versions. These scenes are verry high quality actually, and that is the reason they are now charging for the DLC.

I think the problem is that everybody assumes that all the DLC does is uncensor nudity. That's simply not true anymore. It adds a ton of additional content to the game now.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Guess I'll correct you here. They have been transitioning all of the adult scenes into cutscenes, and those cutscenes have always been ONLY in the uncensored patch. You are incorrect that nothing is being downloaded. The Explicit DLC now downloads a bunch of stuff for each character as well as their new textures, and takes the existing cutscenes that exist in the base version of the game, and replaces them with the extended explicit versions. These scenes are verry high quality actually, and that is the reason they are now charging for the DLC.

I think the problem is that everybody assumes that all the DLC does is uncensor nudity. That's simply not true anymore. It adds a ton of additional content to the game now.
I was not referring to the paid DLC... sigh. Was strictly talking about before the $5 Explicit DLC was added and no extra content that wasn't already baked into the game needed to be downloaded. I wish people could just read a little better before responding. That would be nice.

Anyway, I'm done with the discussion of something so meaningless on all of our parts. I'll post the next version when it's released. See you then.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ssmatt

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I wish people could just read a little better before responding. That would be nice.
LMAO! Sorry, I was just clarifying because, while your words I'm sure read fine in your own head, lacked quite a bit in conveying an intelligible message to the rest of us. ::sigh:: I wish people could just write a little better before getting all butthurt over somebody else jumping in an helping out their lackluster response.

FYI, just in case your sarcasm detection is as bad as your writing skills. I'm just playing. It's just fun giving pretentiousness back to people who dish it out.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019

Exactly. Also important to note that they are adding content and the DLC price is to cover part of that.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
False it's $30 on Itch and $25 on Steam now not including the $5 Explicit DLC. Just correcting you there. Also, Gamejolt does not sell lewd games anymore. Even though it is listed I believe it's the fully censored version now.
You are right about the prices. The uncensored version costs 30$ everywhere now. I just checked, 10 days ago it also got that price on GOG.
Just checked: 5 years ago I bought it for 20$ (16.55€, good times:)). Which means I even got more bang for my buck than I remembered.
On Steam it was 15$ until January 2020. Then it went to 25$ (DLC not included in both cases).

I am aware of the Gamejolt situation (that's why I only mentioned itch.io in the last part), Eek games gave me a free itch.io key to make up for that.
Gamejolt currently lists both versions, but I am quite sure that the uncensored version can't be bought anymore. It also still shows the old price.
1647722558019.png
I don't know if Eek will update the uncensored version on Gamejolt, but since I got a itch.io key from them, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I don't know if Eek will update the uncensored version on Gamejolt, but since I got a itch.io key from them, it doesn't really matter.
I think they will. The GameJolt version must just be the censored version now, which explains why it's the only version listed anywhere other than Steam at $25. It's because it doesn't include the Explicit patch, and that's probably why GameJolt allowed the game to stay. That's also probably why they put the universal Explicit patch on Itch. Makes sense.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I think they will. The GameJolt version must just be the censored version now, which explains why it's the only version listed anywhere other than Steam at $25. It's because it doesn't include the Explicit patch, and that's probably why GameJolt allowed the game to stay. That's also probably why they put the universal Explicit patch on Itch. Makes sense.
Gamejolt lists both for me (probably because I already bought it). I tested it, I can still download the uncensored version.

After I got the mail that they would shut down the game, the site looked different. Then I could download the version with a special link, but the store site would not allow even to buy the uncensored version. Only after some time both versions showed up separatly.
It's very likely that someone from Eek came to this arrangement with Gamejolt, since another game (which didn't even have explicit content) is gone completely. I can only download it using the link that Gamejolt provided.

Last edited:

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Gamejolt lists both for me (probably because I already bought it). I tested it, I can still download the uncensored version.

After I got the mail that they would shut down the game, the site looked different. Then I could download the version with a special link, but the store site would not allow even to buy the uncensored version. Only after some time both versions showed up separatly.
It's very likely that someone from Eek came to this arrangement with Gamejolt, since another game (which didn't even have explicit content) is gone completely. I can only download it using the link that Gamejolt provided.
From what I've read, the Game Jolt version of the game will provide updates to those who purchased the uncensored version for the remainder of the year. Anyone buying it now will be fully censored. Since I don't own the game on Game Jolt the second uncensored option does not appear for me.

I'm also questioning why we're talking about the price of the game on basically a piration forum. Not you specifically, just seems rather nonsensical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I'm also questioning why we're talking about the price of the game on basically a piration forum. Not you specifically, just seems rather nonsensical.
You would be surprised how many Patreons and buyers come to the f95zone. It's just a good place to talk about the games.

We see encouragements to become patreons on a regular base. I don't do subscriptions, but I don't mind buying the stuff I like. And I encourage people to do the same.
This conversation started because someone complained about Eek being greedy. How dare they charging new customers for a DLC that used to free!
But I think that by now we covered all aspects :)

Reactions: incog44

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
You would be surprised how many Patreons and buyers come to the f95zone. It's just a good place to talk about the games.

We see encouragements to become patreons on a regular base. I don't do subscriptions, but I don't mind buying the stuff I like. And I encourage people to do the same.
This conversation started because someone complained about Eek being greedy. How dare they charging new customers for a DLC that used to free!
But I think that by now we covered all aspects :)
I own the game both on Steam and Itch. So you're correct. I will never be a Patron though, because of how long it has taken this game to progress to where it has. They can do what they want price-wise. I've paid my dues. I'm not interested in paying any more for slow-ass updates.

Anyone looking forward to Office Party might be dead by the time that game even hits alpha.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The thing to be aware that for all those added sex cutscenes, including future ones that would be needed for a female character, there are two variants. Censored and uncensored ones. And they are all actual separate cutscenes.

So actually splitting the game to have adult and non-adult versions takes more effort than adding some "censor bars". So from that perspective, I personally have no issue that adult bits are separated in an extra paid DLC, as long as it is not expensive.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I own the game both on Steam and Itch. So you're correct. I will never be a Patron though, because of how long it has taken this game to progress to where it has. They can do what they want price-wise. I've paid my dues. I'm not interested in paying any more for slow-ass updates.

Anyone looking forward to Office Party might be dead by the time that game even hits alpha.
it's GameJolt (now itch) and GOG for me instead of Steam, but apart from that ...

5 year ago the game was not basically a empty house with a lot of bugs, only a few guys working on it, experimenting with Unity. And even then I think it was worth it. There had been some big changes over time: new engine, full voice acting, new character designs, several interface redesigns/changes, minigames and since then at least 4 new characters, not countind Doja. The female player char is the next big step.

I don't think Office Party will take nearly as long. The team has already grown, they have more manpower now and more importantly experience.

Reactions: someguy627 and p22

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Umm... a lot of people here own the game. If your reason for piracy is that you think devs don't deserve money for their hard word, then you do you, but I use this site to try out games without having to do the whole purchase/return thing if I don't like them. I also just prefer this community over other forums for this game. I own this game actually on Steam and have bought a DRM free version on Itch, and I have also been a Patron for a while.

Support the devs man, otherwise they stop making content you like.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes