incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I said that overall House Party is better. I've seen better implementation of various elements in lots of other games, but I am talking about total package. Most games do like one or two things VERY well, but they don't seem polished and outside of the few things they do well, the rest seems very janky. Not that House Party doesn't have its share of jank, but to me, House Party seems overall the most well-rounded and polished. Just my opinion. I've played plenty of other games, and while I agree certain elements in other games are done very well, even better than House Party hands down in some cases, House Party still has the best overall experience and implementation IMO.

There are some good scenes from NLT, but to me all of their animations seem very stiff and uncanny valley. Even just the basic idling and walking animations seem very unnatural. House Party weirdly seems to avoid that. Probably because NLT are clearly animating the characters by hand, and House Party uses motion capture. Plus maybe the comedic setting allots a bit more forgiveness, I dunno, but I don't get that feeling like I am watching robots. House Party is also not a visual novel or RPGMaker style. I hate that game play format. It does a lot of justice to HP that it always feels like you're playing a modern game no matter what, not reading a story or switching from a high quality cutscene to playing a game that looks like it should be being played on the original Nintendo.
Was only specifically talking about sex cutscenes. The games aren't really comparable in other ways. As they're entirely different styled games.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Was only specifically talking about sex cutscenes. The games aren't really comparable in other ways. As they're entirely different styled games.
There are also not many games that feature non-prerendered first person animations. So what do you compare it to? The old Illusion games or Vikings Daughter?

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Well, I was talking about both. When I mentioned the awkward idling and walking animations/etc.. I was talking about NLT cutscenes/animations, which you mentioned as being the "best". Sorry, I don't see it. I am saying I prefer HP cutscenes over that weird stiff movement. I was just saying that House Party is not without its weaknesses either. They ALL do something well, and they all lack in some areas. None of them are AAA, but House Party is the closest, and I think overall, House Party is the best in the sense that the areas where it lacks doesn't necessarily kill the whole thing for me. With NLT, I can't even watch the regular scenes, let alone the sex scenes, because you can tell all of the animation is hand-made. It's like watching a stop-motion film. The movement is just super weird and unnatural. It kinda creeps me out.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Why don't you guys use filchier1 fr? The download speed is almost 40mb/s and it's quite better than every single 34 kb/s uploads you guys post.
Mega works just as well, I get full speed from both, not that it would matter, a few minutes more ore less don't make much of a difference.

What is 1fil's maximum filesize?

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Why don't you guys use filchier1 fr? The download speed is almost 40mb/s and it's quite better than every single 34 kb/s uploads you guys post.
Not sure. I just use what f95 uses. Mega being the best option for files under 5GB. Never tried it before, maybe I'll give it a go next time, but I have no idea if f95 with take thread update links from it so I just stick to what works.

I have 50/50 internet and this file takes less than 7 minutes to download on Mega. Really not a gigantic deal.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I can't seem to move. I don't have a controller plugged in keybinds are correct but nothing is happening.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
I can't seem to move. I don't have a controller plugged in keybinds are correct but nothing is happening.
Hmmm I haven't tested it. Let me check. Controller support should be fine now though.

EDIT: Yeah both the Male and Female playthrough are fine for me using wsad. Are you loading an old save? Change any keybinds?

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
So is the main game basically complete now from the male pov? They aren't adding any more new content outside of the dlc?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
So is the main game basically complete now from the male pov? They aren't adding any more new content outside of the dlc?
Well, they are still working on the finetuning, but as far as I can tell, every girl has at least one possible story, Vickie's "orgy" is also implemented, so ... yeah.

Reactions: jkj54

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Hmmm I haven't tested it. Let me check. Controller support should be fine now though.

EDIT: Yeah both the Male and Female playthrough are fine for me using wsad. Are you loading an old save? Change any keybinds?
Nope. The original story seems to work now but anything else I cannot move.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Yes, the main story from the male pov is complete, but I can still see minor tweaks being done here and there.

For example, the latest update added one more cutscene for the male player (garage).
Also now Amy, Stephanie and Leah, if you opt in to use cutscene, instead of POV, will trigger one of the 3 available cutscenes based on the location were they are (bedroom, Ash room or garage).

But I do not think they will be adding quests or new story bits for the male player.

Ryofu888

Jun 3, 2017
When i try to play the even sluttier party or sluttier party v1.8 my character cannot move at all when i start the game. Are both modes not playable anymore?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
When i try to play the even sluttier party or sluttier party v1.8 my character cannot move at all when i start the game. Are both modes not playable anymore?
You usually need to use stories that have been created for the game version you are using. Some might work with versions near them, but usually you get into problems. Best to wait for an update.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
A lot of new version releases break custom stories. Which is why they either need to be updated or you need to rollback to an older version of the game.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes