How do you guys decide what game to play?

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
After playing lots of Games you get that feeling where you just need to look at the screenshots to get a good idea about it.

I definitely look at the ratings too. If its below 3 Stars I tend not to even bother, but often times the Reviews seem fake too. I played some 5 Stars Games that were complete and utter garbage with completely broken English.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Tag feature (although no always reliable) so usually checking screenshots and gameplay images

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I just have a bookmark to the games forum sorted by thread start. So whenever i come to the site i see the most recently added games first. I have VN and Ren'Py tags added to my ignored prefixes so there's never more than a handful of new threads to check out. From there, screenshots are usually all i need to see to pass judgement (watch/ignore/do nothing). For threads that were added before i started doing this, i use the "Latest Updates" link at the top.

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
I look up tags, then glance at higher rated ones on the list, look at overviews and finally see if the art style is pleasing(I'm not picky, but I dislike hentai style).

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I look more for things that I don't want to see and pass on games that include those.

Oct 26, 2017
A. Sam's alpha for latest updates + exclusions that can't go wrong.
B. Post description search with the forum search engine or deep search using an external search engine.

If I get hits, I check all games by the same dev or dev team.