VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
I can assure you that the four paths will be very different, and won't just be the same thing with a few different scenes.

For the harem part, I still think it wouldn't work in this story, with these characters.

It seems highly unlikely to me, for example, that Theresa would agree to enter a harem with Angelica, the religious symbol of purity she's sworn to protect. Or that Saki, a princess, would agree to enter a harem with several key figures from a country with very difficult relations with her own.

There are other reasons, but it's hard to talk about them without spoilers, so I'll stop here. Too bad if don't like it, but I understand, if that's not your thing, that's not your thing.
Yep, glad to hear you don't force it, better have coherent story that not many happy with than forced happy fever dream. And "the same story with minute differences" was an obvious fear for me too, glad that was addressed) I mean, it was somewhat addressed with quite different "endings" of chapter 4 depending on if you choose ang or someone else, but I still had this fear)

SagiriChan

Jan 5, 2023
I can assure you that the four paths will be very different, and won't just be the same thing with a few different scenes.

For the harem part, I still think it wouldn't work in this story, with these characters.

It seems highly unlikely to me, for example, that Theresa would agree to enter a harem with Angelica, the religious symbol of purity she's sworn to protect. Or that Saki, a princess, would agree to enter a harem with several key figures from a country with very difficult relations with her own.

There are other reasons, but it's hard to talk about them without spoilers, so I'll stop here. Too bad if don't like it, but I understand, if that's not your thing, that's not your thing.
Is there some kind of point sistem? i mean does this type of choice sum or rest any points?
Also, which would be the 4 routes that you were talking about?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Is there some kind of point sistem? i mean does this type of choice sum or rest any points?
Yes but you can manually override the points when it's relevant to the story.
Also, which would be the 4 routes that you were talking about?
Keep playing. There's currently an Angelica route, and a planned route for Theresa, Melope and Saki.
At the route selection you can have the game assign you to the route which you have the most points for, or you can manually choose which route you want on. Atm after the beginning there's only content for the Angelica route though. There's a Patreon poll to decide who's route gets updated for the next update, although I wouldn't be surprised if Angelica wins it again.

Reactions: SagiriChan

SagiriChan

Jan 5, 2023
Yes but you can manually override the points when it's relevant to the story.

Keep playing. There's currently an Angelica route, and a planned route for Theresa, Melope and Saki.
At the route selection you can have the game assign you to the route which you have the most points for, or you can manually choose which route you want on. Atm after the beginning there's only content for the Angelica route though. There's a Patreon poll to decide who's route gets updated for the next update, although I wouldn't be surprised if Angelica wins it again.
Ty, so in that choice is better to tell her the truth?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Ty, so in that choice is better to tell her the truth?
Can't remember what the point consequences are for that exact choice, but since you can manually select your route I don't think it actually matters. The only choice that has any consequence is to turn down someone's offer to peak into a doorway, trying to avoid spoilers, which will get you a bad ending. I'd recommend playing the bad ending to get background info once you get there but as far as I can remember every other choice is just a + or - for the related heroine's points.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Can't remember what the point consequences are for that exact choice, but since you can manually select your route I don't think it actually matters. The only choice that has any consequence is to turn down someone's offer to peak into a doorway, trying to avoid spoilers, which will get you a bad ending. I'd recommend playing the bad ending to get background info once you get there but as far as I can remember every other choice is just a + or - for the related heroine's points.
Totally right, except for one thing you couldn't have known: the bad ending has been cancelled for now, some people were complaining about it, so I didn't leave that choice. You can only open the door for now. My fault, I said it in my patreon/subscribestar, but I forgot to say it here.

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
Aucun problème à parler français, allons-y

Je ne suis pas sûr de suivre ce qui t’a gêné avec l’arc d’Angelica. Si c’est le fait d’avoir des scènes pour adultes, ces scènes font malheureusement parti de l’histoire prévue, elles apparaitront également avec les autres héroïnes. Il y aura cependant bien des scènes plus centrées type romance. Il y aura aussi quelques scènes plus comiques.

Melope est l’héroïne sur laquelle le prochain chapitre sera centré, j’espère vraiment que ce que je proposerais te plaira !
Ce ne sont pas les scènes en elles mêmes qui me gène, je me doute qu'en téléchargeant ici, je vais en trouver ^^
C'est plutôt la manière dont c'est amené.
Ils passent leur temps à se chercher, ils s'aiment réellement, ok, mais jusqu'à cette scène ils sont niais et après ça ils sont nymphos, peut-être que cet évènement est un élément déclencheur pour eux.
En résumé c'est passage du tout ou rien de façon abrupte, je pensais justement à de la nuance et de la douceur de la part de ses 2 persos.

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
Mais ouais hâte de voir la suite, je sais pas jusqu'ou ira l'histoire mais j'ai envie d'une longue romance avec melope ^^ elle fait gamine chiante mais pas que, je pense qu'elle peut être sérieuse et badass, elle est déjà attachante

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018

Actually that does answer one point, replaying something 4 times just for maginally different scenes and the same story is annoying as hell. So fair play, perhaps I'll give it another go after all.

Obviously don't give spoilers, however I have to disagree on the religious front being a hinderance, all religions are different and with a fantasy setting you can do whatever floats your boat.
I'm part Asian/muslim heritage although I'm not remotely religious myself and it's a curious paradox amongst the religious nuts/normal believers to think it's normal to both have multiple wives, my Grandfather had 3 at the same time, while also fucking everything else that moves... I do mean everything, and to expect all women to be virgins and never even be looked at by another man let alone talk to or god forbid... reveal thy hair to. How they imagine that works is beyond me but they genuinely believe in it, it can be totally fine for the men to rape women, they don't even think twice about it, yet all women must remain virgins for the family honour.

Belief works in many ways and personally I find the most exciting stories are when characters very thoroughly have their beliefs challenged, otherwise they never grow and character growth is story. So I'd argue that because Theresa would never go for it, is the perfect reason to write it, it makes it challenging, exciting and moving as she's then got a serious journey involving actual growth ahead of her. Her beliefs should either way be challenged as the story clearly asks for that so that's a perfect route.

As to the political relations, that's a pretty common thing to be honest, look through history and you'll find countless marriages between former enemies in order to secure alliances, those often didn't hold anyway and then you have all the drama of which side is picked or forced etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the story should be different to the story... A writers gotta write, without being told their story isn't the right one. I'm just saying within fiction there's infinite freedom to do whatever you want, countless ways to make it make sense. I'm working on my own at the moment and there's multiple versions, one where everything goes to shit and one which is just a happy harem romp, but there's purpose to it and it does make sense even though a lot of what you've said could also be applied. There's political tensions galore, a main LI, princess of another kingdom believes her brothers murderer is the MC, can't get worse politics than that, yet in all versions, including the original which is not my writing but a very popular series I'm fanficking basically, she is very much in love with the man she believes killed her brother.
Never say it wouldn't make sense is what I'm getting at, don't want to write it like that, totally fair, but couldn't fit... nah, anything can fit anything.

Reactions: TheDick69+

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Ce ne sont pas les scènes en elles mêmes qui me gène, je me doute qu'en téléchargeant ici, je vais en trouver ^^
C'est plutôt la manière dont c'est amené.
Ils passent leur temps à se chercher, ils s'aiment réellement, ok, mais jusqu'à cette scène ils sont niais et après ça ils sont nymphos, peut-être que cet évènement est un élément déclencheur pour eux.
En résumé c'est passage du tout ou rien de façon abrupte, je pensais justement à de la nuance et de la douceur de la part de ses 2 persos.
Ok, je vois ce que tu veux dire. L’idée que j’avais était que la fameuse scène du rêve éliminait une partie des blocages psychologiques empêchant le MC et Angie de se laisser aller à leur passion. Avant, ils arrivaient à se contrôler, mais après ils n’y arrivent plus.

Mais je vois ce que tu veux dire. À réfléchir si je n’introduirais pas quelques changements pour rendre le déroulement plus fluide, on verrait bien…

Pour ce qui est de Melope, son histoire se déroulera de façon très différente. Je peux au moins dire ça, je te laisserais juger si c’est mieux ou pas ;)

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Actually that does answer one point, replaying something 4 times just for maginally different scenes and the same story is annoying as hell. So fair play, perhaps I'll give it another go after all.

Obviously don't give spoilers, however I have to disagree on the religious front being a hinderance, all religions are different and with a fantasy setting you can do whatever floats your boat.
I'm part Asian/muslim heritage although I'm not remotely religious myself and it's a curious paradox amongst the religious nuts/normal believers to think it's normal to both have multiple wives, my Grandfather had 3 at the same time, while also fucking everything else that moves... I do mean everything, and to expect all women to be virgins and never even be looked at by another man let alone talk to or god forbid... reveal thy hair to. How they imagine that works is beyond me but they genuinely believe in it, it can be totally fine for the men to rape women, they don't even think twice about it, yet all women must remain virgins for the family honour.

Belief works in many ways and personally I find the most exciting stories are when characters very thoroughly have their beliefs challenged, otherwise they never grow and character growth is story. So I'd argue that because Theresa would never go for it, is the perfect reason to write it, it makes it challenging, exciting and moving as she's then got a serious journey involving actual growth ahead of her. Her beliefs should either way be challenged as the story clearly asks for that so that's a perfect route.

As to the political relations, that's a pretty common thing to be honest, look through history and you'll find countless marriages between former enemies in order to secure alliances, those often didn't hold anyway and then you have all the drama of which side is picked or forced etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the story should be different to the story... A writers gotta write, without being told their story isn't the right one. I'm just saying within fiction there's infinite freedom to do whatever you want, countless ways to make it make sense. I'm working on my own at the moment and there's multiple versions, one where everything goes to shit and one which is just a happy harem romp, but there's purpose to it and it does make sense even though a lot of what you've said could also be applied. There's political tensions galore, a main LI, princess of another kingdom believes her brothers murderer is the MC, can't get worse politics than that, yet in all versions, including the original which is not my writing but a very popular series I'm fanficking basically, she is very much in love with the man she believes killed her brother.
Never say it wouldn't make sense is what I'm getting at, don't want to write it like that, totally fair, but couldn't fit... nah, anything can fit anything.
I agree with the part about religion sometimes not making sense, the problem here is that it would totally go against the setting that was presented before. Angelica is supposed to be a symbol of purity, and Theresa is supposed to be a knight who protects her.

Sure, I can say "by the way, when I say purity, I mean she can be part of a harem and have sex without any problems", but I'm pretty sure no one has understood it that way before, and the change would come out of nowhere.

In my opinion, if I wanted to go in that direction, I should have prepared it beforehand...

I also agree with you that it's always possible to go in a certain direction, and that it can be interesting to push Theresa in a way she wouldn't normally go. Still, there's a problem. I can't change Theresa's mind too quickly, which means a new development, with lots of new scenes appearing. And because I'm convinced that the other characters also need to be developed before accepting a harem relationship, that means a lot of new scenes on that side too...

I have absolutely no idea how I'd fit these new scenes into the story I have in mind, which means I'd probably have to rebuild everything. And also, the story will probably be much longer than planned, with a lot of emphasis on the drama of accepting a harem relationship and going against one's religious beliefs.

I think you see where I'm going with this: everything is possible in theory, but there's always a price to pay. And there's the question of whether it would change the story too much from what I have in mind, and If I’m ready to accept all these change.

Ps: I hope I don't sound aggressive or anything, the discussion is interesting, and I have no problem being challenged with my choice. Just remember the golden rule when it comes to me: I'm busy with my real life work and my developer work, so don't expect a quick answer.

Reactions: asdfjkhbjhpo

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
Ok, je vois ce que tu veux dire. L’idée que j’avais était que la fameuse scène du rêve éliminait une partie des blocages psychologiques empêchant le MC et Angie de se laisser aller à leur passion. Avant, ils arrivaient à se contrôler, mais après ils n’y arrivent plus.

Mais je vois ce que tu veux dire. À réfléchir si je n’introduirais pas quelques changements pour rendre le déroulement plus fluide, on verrait bien…

Pour ce qui est de Melope, son histoire se déroulera de façon très différente. Je peux au moins dire ça, je te laisserais juger si c’est mieux ou pas ;)
Pour ma part, afin d'ajouter un côté moins abrupte à la levée des blocages, il faudrait ajouter qq scènes de transition, limite un petit jeu ou ils se cherchent, sans rendre le truc cliché. Jusqu'à mtnt tout est subtil et clean, je te fais confiance là dessus.
Après tout le monde ne partage pas forcément mon avis.
Stop de me teaser Melope ^^, j'ai une idée en tête, je pense que notre succube va au final être la plus prude et romantique du lot, sans compter qu'elle a un background et une vie difficile à la naruto qui peuvent la rendre soit haineuse ( ce dont je doute ) sois très tendre.
Hâte de voir quand notre héros sera en danger

Reactions: Lunardis

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
I agree with the part about religion sometimes not making sense, the problem here is that it would totally go against the setting that was presented before. Angelica is supposed to be a symbol of purity, and Theresa is supposed to be a knight who protects her.

Sure, I can say "by the way, when I say purity, I mean she can be part of a harem and have sex without any problems", but I'm pretty sure no one has understood it that way before, and the change would come out of nowhere.

In my opinion, if I wanted to go in that direction, I should have prepared it beforehand...

I also agree with you that it's always possible to go in a certain direction, and that it can be interesting to push Theresa in a way she wouldn't normally go. Still, there's a problem. I can't change Theresa's mind too quickly, which means a new development, with lots of new scenes appearing. And because I'm convinced that the other characters also need to be developed before accepting a harem relationship, that means a lot of new scenes on that side too...

I have absolutely no idea how I'd fit these new scenes into the story I have in mind, which means I'd probably have to rebuild everything. And also, the story will probably be much longer than planned, with a lot of emphasis on the drama of accepting a harem relationship and going against one's religious beliefs.

I think you see where I'm going with this: everything is possible in theory, but there's always a price to pay. And there's the question of whether it would change the story too much from what I have in mind, and If I’m ready to accept all these change.

Ps: I hope I don't sound aggressive or anything, the discussion is interesting, and I have no problem being challenged with my choice. Just remember the golden rule when it comes to me: I'm busy with my real life work and my developer work, so don't expect a quick answer.
Not even a little aggressive, I'm interested to know your thoughts.

I do agree, it would mean a lot of rewriting at this point so it's not so much a belief that you should do that, just a personal need for that kind of drama as that's what really engages me, someone having their world flipped upside down, I need that kinda drama in my stories to keep me hooked. It's the kind of thing I write too. Characters who's fundamental beliefs totally contradict what they most want. Best way to torture them.
So yeah, I get it and I'm not convinced you should write it like that. It's just what I'd do because I like to destroy my own stories by making everything unravel and become a bit of a nightmare for everybody, I'm nice like that.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I spent the time, and bandwith on Mega, to download this to only get kicked out from the story, that's a big no-no from me. So good luck with this, but I'm not gonna follow it any more. The Ignore button is there for reasons like this.

• Sad
Reactions: Lunardis

SaltyMarshmallow

Jan 11, 2021
Normally, I don't comment at all, but.

I did not have expectations when I started playing. I expected a low quality VN with a non existent story. Instead, I found a bit of an interesting gem.

Particularly, the writing/dialogue for the main cast and the current romance progress with Angelica. It seems fairly natural and the connections between the characters have a good development between them. The occasional humor was (at least to me) also funny!

I also appreciate specific things:
- No harem route that goes against the current idea of the characters.
- The slower pacing, compared to other things on this site.
- Female characters are not just explicitly super attracted to the MC.

Some will dislike the lack of a harem route and the slower pace, but I feel like it works for this. I know it's not finished and won't be for a while, but I wanted to convey to the developer that the amount of work they've put into this so far has made a good experience. Thanks Lunardis.

Note: played the Android v0.5 build, not sure if other platforms are further ahead.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Not even a little aggressive, I'm interested to know your thoughts.

I do agree, it would mean a lot of rewriting at this point so it's not so much a belief that you should do that, just a personal need for that kind of drama as that's what really engages me, someone having their world flipped upside down, I need that kinda drama in my stories to keep me hooked. It's the kind of thing I write too. Characters who's fundamental beliefs totally contradict what they most want. Best way to torture them.
So yeah, I get it and I'm not convinced you should write it like that. It's just what I'd do because I like to destroy my own stories by making everything unravel and become a bit of a nightmare for everybody, I'm nice like that.
Sorry, I didn’t answer until now because… I didn’t have much to say, actually :unsure:

Eventually, given your taste, I would recommend for you to give a try to the Melope route. You should like it more than the Angelica route, I suspect.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Normally, I don't comment at all, but.

I did not have expectations when I started playing. I expected a low quality VN with a non existent story. Instead, I found a bit of an interesting gem.

Particularly, the writing/dialogue for the main cast and the current romance progress with Angelica. It seems fairly natural and the connections between the characters have a good development between them. The occasional humor was (at least to me) also funny!

I also appreciate specific things:
- No harem route that goes against the current idea of the characters.
- The slower pacing, compared to other things on this site.
- Female characters are not just explicitly super attracted to the MC.

Some will dislike the lack of a harem route and the slower pace, but I feel like it works for this. I know it's not finished and won't be for a while, but I wanted to convey to the developer that the amount of work they've put into this so far has made a good experience. Thanks Lunardis.

Note: played the Android v0.5 build, not sure if other platforms are further ahead.
Thanks for your comment, I say it very often, but it's because it's true, this kind of feedback really helps me stay motivated.
I'm very glad you like what I'm trying to do. I hope you will enjoy what happens in the future chapters.

Reactions: SaltyMarshmallow

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry, I didn’t answer until now because… I didn’t have much to say, actually :unsure:

Eventually, given your taste, I would recommend for you to give a try to the Melope route. You should like it more than the Angelica route, I suspect.
Funny cos I would have imagined that "Oh dear, I'm meant to be a virgin forever but I'm now fucking my brother." Would be a pretty good point of internal conflict there. Melope it is.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes