Unity Abandoned How To Become A Harem King [v0.0.2b] [isekai-god]

Kuraam

Aug 25, 2017
Pre-beta?

That's reminiscing of another concept known as "Alpha" isn't it? ^^

Looks good anyway! good luck on your path!

Reactions: juanito

Unreal Bober

Nov 16, 2018
I can look at the world
In a different lights
I know what it takes
To make it right
And I won't give up the fight
To be Harem
Harem King

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I just wrote a massive wall-of-text on the developers original post from september, and then found the game is already being made. lol, well fuck.

welp. I'll check it out Once I finish the games I'm playing.

anyway. since you were asking about girls from Anime. I'll write A list of some of My favourites from Isekai. gunna be a long list.

Albedo, Renner, Clementine, and Narbarel from Overlord.
----------------------------------------
Kaori, Shia, Remia from Arifureta.
Re:Zero (obvious ones lol) Emilia, Echidna, Rem, Ram and Satella.
-----------------------------------------
Siesta, Tiffania Westwood, Louise Françoise-Le Blanc de la Vallière and Kirche Augusta Frederica-Von anhalt Zerbst from Familiar of Zero
-----------------------------------------------
Ristarte, Chaos Machina and Mitis From Cautious Hero
Raphtalia and Glass from rising of the Shield Hero
Edelgarde and Shera greenwood from How not to summon a Demon Lord
-----------------------------------------------
Myucel Foaran from Outbreak Company
----------------------------------------------
Rory Mercury, Yao Ha Ducy and Tuka Luna Marceau From Gate

Better leave it there lol.

Mar 19, 2018
Playing on a ryzen 5 laptop. Got a good fps. The control is weird, I'd prefer to use wasd to control movements and arrow keys to control camera not the mouse, also sometimes somehow the mouse pointer got stuck and can't move the camera. Also I'd prefer to have [enter] key to confirm conversation not mouse and using mouse to confirm selection. Also, sometimes I need to click several times to confirm conversation with luna. I have no idea why. And yes, I clicked on the convo box. or what I think it was.

I can see the slimes from quite faraway so that's good sign for the future if the combat is implemented and I wanna avoid the enemies.

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Hi!!! I've finished 0.0.2b, does anyone knows how to make an update for a post that I don't own??
I want to change all the pictures, descriptions, etc!!!

Reactions: BaasB

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
If you try and enjoy the game be sure to rate it! It will help me and the game so much and also give me motivation to pursue the project... :p... Also join our discord if you love the characters to enjoy the Harem Talkshow!!!

Reactions: Mei Lien~

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
Where is this "sign destorying culprit" I've walked everywhere and I can't talk to either of the girls. Is this the whole update?

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Where is this "sign destorying culprit" I've walked everywhere and I can't talk to either of the girls. Is this the whole update?
After you find the sign post scene, you should talk to Bunny. You need to stand in front of her but not too close to press "e". There will be the option to ask her about destroying the sign post

There is way more in the storyline after that... it ends when you have to give her a carrot and there will be a dialog saying the version story is done...

If its not working it might be a potential bug although unlikely...

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Trying to talk to the girls is a pain in the ass because you have to be at a very specific distance and angle to her to get the interaction prompt. Also, I'm not sure if it's a weird bug/coincidence, but the turnips killed me because the combat is really shit, and the game closed itself when I died.

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Trying to talk to the girls is a pain in the ass because you have to be at a very specific distance and angle to her to get the interaction prompt. Also, I'm not sure if it's a weird bug/coincidence, but the turnips killed me because the combat is really shit, and the game closed itself when I died.
Yeah the controller is still relatively very early and the ai is still basic. I will rework it in future version. Based on feedback I'll fix the talking to girl thing. Any other things in your mind???

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Things that bugged me:
- Pink "filter"
- No skip messages (generally if you press ctrl you can skip through everything)
- When I died, it just closed the game

Reactions: IsekaiGodX

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
Please make sure to give me feedback if you try it
You're active in the comments so I thought I would toss you some ideas from the game I'm slowly making. For myself, the number one rule is to not tie sexual content to losing. You CAN do that, but only if the rest of the game is fleshed out (no pun intended) enough to provide significant opportunities for the player to experience that content without feeling like they've lost every time, or HAVE to lose to reach the entire reason for playing a game in this genre.

Incorporating a you-capture-them, you-were-captured, AND (not or) an NPC AI that will come up to the player and sexually engage THEM checks all of the content boxes and brings the game world to life. I'm sick of this game design I constantly see where your character is the only one running around trying to get laid. It breaks the player's sense of world realism. Even in this overall genre of games it's critical as a GOOD developer to make the patterns of character behavior consistent -- in particular, consistent with the reality as the main character perceives it, the reality we innately accept as the players of the game -- the character we live vicariously through at runtime. In short: when was the last time you ran around a 3D game and felt surprised by the game world? Not 'startled', like a capture system, more like "oh shit, where did THAT come from??"

Related to the last paragraph: In what world, even a game world, is there only ONE fucking dude :LOL: it would be a nightmare-and-a-half to program an AI that would also be running around and engaging female NPC's but every hour would be worth the additional realism, and introduces every man's favorite: the competition.

The games I've enjoyed the most and that I am trying to emulate with my own effort typically involve some matter of mindlessness to whatever actions and activities progress the protagonist's experience and ALWAYS involve some sort of sexual content. Obviously it can get redundant, and who doesn't love finishing a quest every now and then? But running all over the place for no reason? Other developers call that garbage a game and although super cheesy, it's my mission to END that. Quests are amazing, they bring the world to life, provide story, character growth, world expansion, but GOD DAMMIT they have to be done right and MEAN SOMETHING. One or two good quests with a full array of minor activities (sexual ones) is infinitely better than a bunch of long and empty quests.

I have spent hours thinking about combat in these games. If the game is supposed to be sexual, a turn on, stimulating, does combat even factor into the experience?? Argued with myself for hours on this. Of course there are many games on here 3D and otherwise that omit combat. I struggle with this concept: what is the VALUE of combat in a game where the characters should just be fucking all the time? (in the purest sense of an 'adult' game). The adult game genre forces combat into a weird position where my number one rule stated above often becomes the scapegoat for developing a better solution: fuck the player when they lose. I've come to the conclusion, for myself, that experience from combat should feed into a stat system like any other fucking RPG :)LOL: like, duh) however, those affected stats need to funnel into the sexual content experience. I.e. level up to enter this area and have sex with these NPC's, more strength and stamina unlocks new positions, spells that induce different sexual 'whatever' within the game world. You may notice, all of this is continuing to expand the world played within and give the user more to play for, work for, leading to an abundance of new experiences.

I could go on but I have some games to play (y) I hope this was helpful in any way both for you and for whomever may take the time to read this whole thing. I appreciate anyone and everyone for their time spent reading my rants and perfectionistic high-deas!

Take care everyone!

~pajama panda

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
You're active in the comments so I thought I would toss you some ideas from the game I'm slowly making. For myself, the number one rule is to not tie sexual content to losing. You CAN do that, but only if the rest of the game is fleshed out (no pun intended) enough to provide significant opportunities for the player to experience that content without feeling like they've lost every time, or HAVE to lose to reach the entire reason for playing a game in this genre.

Incorporating a you-capture-them, you-were-captured, AND (not or) an NPC AI that will come up to the player and sexually engage THEM checks all of the content boxes and brings the game world to life. I'm sick of this game design I constantly see where your character is the only one running around trying to get laid. It breaks the player's sense of world realism. Even in this overall genre of games it's critical as a GOOD developer to make the patterns of character behavior consistent -- in particular, consistent with the reality as the main character perceives it, the reality we innately accept as the players of the game -- the character we live vicariously through at runtime. In short: when was the last time you ran around a 3D game and felt surprised by the game world? Not 'startled', like a capture system, more like "oh shit, where did THAT come from??"

Related to the last paragraph: In what world, even a game world, is there only ONE fucking dude :LOL: it would be a nightmare-and-a-half to program an AI that would also be running around and engaging female NPC's but every hour would be worth the additional realism, and introduces every man's favorite: the competition.

The games I've enjoyed the most and that I am trying to emulate with my own effort typically involve some matter of mindlessness to whatever actions and activities progress the protagonist's experience and ALWAYS involve some sort of sexual content. Obviously it can get redundant, and who doesn't love finishing a quest every now and then? But running all over the place for no reason? Other developers call that garbage a game and although super cheesy, it's my mission to END that. Quests are amazing, they bring the world to life, provide story, character growth, world expansion, but GOD DAMMIT they have to be done right and MEAN SOMETHING. One or two good quests with a full array of minor activities (sexual ones) is infinitely better than a bunch of long and empty quests.

I have spent hours thinking about combat in these games. If the game is supposed to be sexual, a turn on, stimulating, does combat even factor into the experience?? Argued with myself for hours on this. Of course there are many games on here 3D and otherwise that omit combat. I struggle with this concept: what is the VALUE of combat in a game where the characters should just be fucking all the time? (in the purest sense of an 'adult' game). The adult game genre forces combat into a weird position where my number one rule stated above often becomes the scapegoat for developing a better solution: fuck the player when they lose. I've come to the conclusion, for myself, that experience from combat should feed into a stat system like any other fucking RPG :)LOL: like, duh) however, those affected stats need to funnel into the sexual content experience. I.e. level up to enter this area and have sex with these NPC's, more strength and stamina unlocks new positions, spells that induce different sexual 'whatever' within the game world. You may notice, all of this is continuing to expand the world played within and give the user more to play for, work for, leading to an abundance of new experiences.

I could go on but I have some games to play (y) I hope this was helpful in any way both for you and for whomever may take the time to read this whole thing. I appreciate anyone and everyone for their time spent reading my rants and perfectionistic high-deas!

Take care everyone!

~pajama panda
Hi thanks for your feedback and ideas! I'll keep them in mind. The point you make about the quest and battle is definitely interesting and valid. The game is still so early in the development and many feature gameplay are not implemented yet and it would have more adult aspect hopefully in the next update. About the "you-capture-them" system, well the title says it all. It's about capturing the girls but I'd like to add a little bit cypberpunk style where you have different route/ways to do so (although it's not going to be as complicated). I would love to see if you make a game that breaks this convention!! But we'll see, as I'm evaluating many different possibilities right now...

Anyway I really appreciate you typing the whole paragraph here! Hope you have a good day!

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Need to put a frame limit on the game, for those with good PCs.
Graphics options are a must.

I'm currently stuck, the "Turnipa L" is invulnerable to my attacks.

IsekaiGodX

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Need to put a frame limit on the game, for those with good PCs.
Graphics options are a must.

I'm currently stuck, the "Turnipa L" is invulnerable to my attacks.
I've already lowered the difficulty twice haha... But I will do a rework on the monster anyway, I think the monster ai right now is still basic... but may take time

Is the overall experience really lagging? Whats your computer spec?

Isisjsui888

Nov 30, 2020
I've already lowered the difficulty twice haha... But I will do a rework on the monster anyway, I think the monster ai right now is still basic... but may take time

Is the overall experience really lagging? Whats your computer spec?
Mine is AMD A6, 4GB RAM.