Tutorial Ren'Py How to build with Ren'Py SDK

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Tutorial on how to create Windows/Linux/MacOS build yourself (with Original or my Repack).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

--- 1 ---
For compatibility reasons it's best to use exactly the same Ren'Py SDK version as the original (easy way to check which version it is, just look in "game" folder for "script_version" file and open that and you will see version inside).
Optional: If that is missing go into "renpy/__init__" file, open it and look around line 80... version info is around there.

--- 2 ---
Download Ren'Py SDK version that mirrors the original from .

--- 3 ---
Unpack and put my repack in Ren'Py SDK folder and launch Ren'Py.

--- 4 ---
On the left side, you will see "PROJECTS"... under that select my repack you just put into Ren'Py SDK folder then on the right side select "Build Distributions"... wait for the process to finish.

--- 5 ---
On the right side, you will see "Build Packages"... under that select the platform you want to build (Windows, Linux and/or Macintosh aka MacOS. Market means, all 3 platforms in 1 build).
Optional: Under "Options" you may or may not select "Force Recompile" (this might take longer to finish tho).

--- 6 ---
Select "Build" on the bottom right and wait for the process to finish (time to finish will depend on the game size and your hardware).

--- 7 ---
That is all, play.
:geek:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
IM SORRY WHAT??? IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! I've been struggling to find macos version for games FOR AGES. Most of the links are literally dead and nobody updates them. I am actually so happy right now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Yes, it's very easy, I wish more people would do that. I mean even on a dumpy PC it only takes a few minute to build it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I dont know if maybe my mac is the issue but I cant drag the window's game into the renpy folder

Also, script version an lie and Mac won't be built, look __init__ file on line 80 if it doesn't work to see the alternative Ren'Py version numbers...

examples below how to build...

Example is "Croft Adventures"

crofta.png

croftb.png

croftc.png

Jul 31, 2021
yea Im trying to turn into a mac but Im not seeing a game folder on the file

Jul 31, 2021

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022