Tutorial HTML How To Debug(Or Cheat) Twine{SugarCube} Variables

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
any ideas how to work with that kind of coding? maybe some brackets or whatever!? any help appreciated
The $char variable contains a JavaScript , so you access each of the "character" related object stored within it using an integer index. With the 1st element having an index number of 0 (zero), the 2nd a index of 1 (one) and so forth...

You are correct that (square) brackets are used when accessing an Array element by its index number.
eg. If you wanted to access the 3rd "character" object stored in that Array within the Console you would type...
Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.char[2]
And if you wanted to access a specific property (like path) of that 3rd "character" object you would type...
Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.char[2].path

doggbound

Dec 22, 2016
Did this just stop working for anyone else? Can this be fixed?

I'm talking about the CTRL+SHIFT+H plug in version btw.

Last edited:

cursed spark

Nov 27, 2017
I have tried a game after a while, and my previous method does not work anymore as easily as it used to.
I was using "save editor online" originally intended for RPGM but it could read DOL save too so why not.
But now I cannot find any values i used to edit before, like physique, exhibition stat, I DID manage to find the money value but it seems that they removed the names that made it oh so easy before. (in the game Degrees of Lewdity to be specific)

Oh well i guess ill try these methods as i am lost.

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
can anyone update this twinehacker for chrome?
nevermind, it's not that difficult to use console to change variables. only thing is it's case sensitive.

update: surprise, twinehacker is still working, but it's a bit complicated to access.
1. install twinehacker in chrome, might need developer mode.
2. press f12 to open devtools.
3. under "elements" tab, press ">>" , there is the twinehacker

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Stuk

m1ners

Apr 23, 2017
can anyone update this twinehacker for chrome?
nevermind, it's not that difficult to use console to change variables. only thing is it's case sensitive.

update: surprise, twinehacker is still working, but it's a bit complicated to access.
1. install twinehacker in chrome, might need developer mode.
2. press f12 to open devtools.
3. under "elements" tab, press ">>" , there is the twinehacker
Give link to your twine

satida

Jan 14, 2018
can anyone help me here? in chrome i can just doubble click whatever value i want to change and then typ in a new value, but in firefox it dosen't work at all. do i need some specific extension or what?

Dksdncoias

May 13, 2023
Hi, can I please get help? I can't seem to enable the back button for this one game using SugarCube. I viewed the html and it's just confusing, and when i happened to find "Config.history.maxstates", it stated as a comment below that SugarCube no longer supports "Config" or something to that degree. At this point I would rather ask if someone would kindly advise me on how to program an extension to work on all SugarCube games by creating my own back button. Even at the expense of increased storage usage. I just can't go through the code of all the games I am interested in as most seem to be inherently different. Would it be possible to create my own extension though that would enable a personal back button for the games? And thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.

Dksdncoias

May 13, 2023
And the back button extension does not have to be by any means perfect, it only needs to perform this one task, whether that means it would mean slower refreshes, and etc., does not matter at this point.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Guys I had this extension for a very long time and I had imo the best version but I forgot to copy it when I was installing windows and now, I don't have the version anymore. I've installed a couple of versions but none of them are the version that i had. The version had the option to show a changelog of variables that has recently changed so it was a godsend for quickly looking up variable names and just finding the right variable in the options. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere or is there any similar alternative? As far as I know this version on does not have that option.

masemunejm

Jan 17, 2019
Guys I had this extension for a very long time and I had imo the best version but I forgot to copy it when I was installing windows and now, I don't have the version anymore. I've installed a couple of versions but none of them are the version that i had. The version had the option to show a changelog of variables that has recently changed so it was a godsend for quickly looking up variable names and just finding the right variable in the options. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere or is there any similar alternative? As far as I know this version on does not have that option.
I had the EXACT same thing, IIRC it was a version of Sugarcube Hacker that allowed you to click on the extension to open the changelog and the cheat windows inside of the active Twine game, and I need it back too lol

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
I had the EXACT same thing, IIRC it was a version of Sugarcube Hacker that allowed you to click on the extension to open the changelog and the cheat windows inside of the active Twine game, and I need it back too lol
I think i managed to find it but it is manifest v2 as it was not updated in years and it is not loading. If someone who can code is willing to change it to manifest v3 we should be able to get it to work. Here is the link: