Tutorial How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I have been trying to install the Ogre HD package from Render State. Initially it did not show up in the DIM so I checked the extension and found that it was rar instead of zip. So, I extracted the files and compressed it again to zip format. Now it shows up on the DIM but everytime I try to install it, the DIM says that either the files are corrupt or manifest files are missing (they are not). Can anyone help me?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I have been trying to install the Ogre HD package from Render State. Initially it did not show up in the DIM so I checked the extension and found that it was rar instead of zip. So, I extracted the files and compressed it again to zip format. Now it shows up on the DIM but everytime I try to install it, the DIM says that either the files are corrupt or manifest files are missing (they are not). Can anyone help me?
i installed it custom. work for me but in weird way (lol i think i m not pro at all at customizing instal XD)
i can share it with you if you want. you can install it, have the chars, horns , textures and shit. (and yes, it's a DIM available in the main library with pics and stuff...)

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
i installed it custom. work for me but in weird way (lol i think i m not pro at all at customizing instal XD)
i can share it with you if you want. you can install it, have the chars, horns , textures and shit. (and yes, it's a DIM available in the main library with pics and stuff...)
Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant. What do you mean when you say you installed it 'custom'? Please share how you installed it. I need it for... umm.. research purposes...:p

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant. What do you mean when you say you installed it 'custom'? Please share how you installed it. I need it for... umm.. research purposes...:p
here ya can have it.

i installed it myself (as i got same troubles with rar file), so i remake that package stuff and bam!

it appear in the list of assets install by DIM (so, in DIM but also in DAz), only difference is, it didn't use original nice pictures (i used on from the folder itself , but it's visible i guess) and it appear only on the "lost and find" category (may be changed, i dont know.)

so everything is mixed together, character Ogre HD, material (blue, green etc) and horn, morph. except there is no seperate tab for each thing.

i expected it to be bigger but ... apparently, that's it LOL.

(guess you know where to get the addon for it, i see there is a bunchof them)

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
here ya can have it.

i installed it myself (as i got same troubles with rar file), so i remake that package stuff and bam!

it appear in the list of assets install by DIM (so, in DIM but also in DAz), only difference is, it didn't use original nice pictures (i used on from the folder itself , but it's visible i guess) and it appear only on the "lost and find" category (may be changed, i dont know.)

so everything is mixed together, character Ogre HD, material (blue, green etc) and horn, morph. except there is no seperate tab for each thing.

i expected it to be bigger but ... apparently, that's it LOL.

(guess you know where to get the addon for it, i see there is a bunchof them)
Thanks mate! Could you tell me how you did it? I tried decompressing it and compressing to zip again. Didn't work for me.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks mate! Could you tell me how you did it? I tried decompressing it and compressing to zip again. Didn't work for me.
used "content package assist", it's small tool that allow to create your own DIM package. Very simple to use.

you can get it from here

or free here

@MashUp47 posted link to it here on F95 (i didn't even knew it was here XD)

it's a nice tool, i use it to create small package with things from renderosity or renderotica that didn't have DIM install and end in my 'big-mess-library-full-of-mixed-up-files"

you can also build a single pack with multiples things in it (like a compilation or a "pro bundle", but i never tried (i m not good enougth to try that, heck i m not even good enougth to make simple package XD)

Reactions: MashUp47
Nov 8, 2018
Quick question from a newcomer here: I have downloaded an asset from renderotica (original) [compatible for Gen8]. It contains one txt licence, one folder "documents" with another txt license inside and one folder "people" with all the DSON & PNG files. I have copied the whole folder "people" into the OP directory ("My DAZ3D Library") as well as all individual files. Still, they don't show up in DAZ3D.

What am I doing wrong?
Any help appreciated!

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
please clarify?
The section that says if there is no manifest.dsx and supplement.dsx file with a "content" folder inside the archive i.e. it's a nonstandard asset file, you can manually install the asset by extracting it into the "%PUBLIC%\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library" folder and then DIM will recognize the content... it did not, so I can not install "Friday for Genesis 8 Female" downloaded from here.

Furthermore even standard format asset archives need to have the "%PUBLIC%\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads" folder manually created first, because the entire folder structure simply does not exist, even when I used the shop before to download free assets.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
doe50818
Have you checked in Daz/ contents Library/ Daz studio Formats/ My Daz 3D Library ?

Capture.PNG

You can use this app to repack it as well if you want it to show up in Smart Content.
https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/

For me when I install IM I place them here: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\Install Manager\Downloads then I use DIM and it picks them up fine. but the asset you downloaded can be placed extracted here:C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library. following file structure else use the app i linked above to repack it

Last edited:

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
doe50818
Have you checked in Daz/ contents Library/ Daz studio Formats/ My Daz 3D Library ?

View attachment 1298004

You can use this app to repack it as well if you want it to show up in Smart Content.
https://f95zone.to/threads/content-package-assist.8420/

For me when I install IM I place them here: C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\Install Manager\Downloads then I use DIM and it picks them up fine. but the asset you downloaded can be placed extracted here:C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library. following file structure else use the app i linked above to repack it
That tool worked fine, thanks! Would you know why some packages fail to install even when they're the standard archive format? I can't see any particular error message so I can't do anything about it, "install failed" without specifics is kind of useless. FG Modern Apartment was the culprit.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
doe50818 Just testing now.

just downloaded it and had the same install issue.
Repacking the asset using App above solved the issue for me.
this can sometime happen I think it's due to how the archive is saved or version of the zip archive. But yea I've had a few of them. Hope this help's.

edit: just copy over the content folder to the app and generate new "Supplement.dsx and Manifest.dsx"

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: doe50818

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
doe50818 Just testing now.

just downloaded it and had the same install issue.
Repacking the asset using App above solved the issue for me.
this can sometime happen I think it's due to how the archive is saved or version of the zip archive. But yea I've had a few of them. Hope this help's.

edit: just copy over the content folder to the app and generate new "Supplement.dsx and Manifest.dsx"
So repackage using the same method above. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Nov 8, 2018
Hi there. I am also pretty new but I can say that the DAZ program can be installed via DAZ Central. The DIM is only needed when installing the assets (like character models).
(At least I did it that way and it worked so far :D)

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Hi! Thanks! I was searching further and read that we can use both but I didn't tried it yet... Have you done this yet? So I can keep my installation and install DIM to manage the assets?
I have only used Daz Central to install: Daz program, Bridge plugins and base Genesis Models. The rest of my assets I used DIM to install/uninstall them.

Reactions: The Japanese